“Excellent customer service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Excellent customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

My family and I were coming to Milwaukee for a wedding. I booked my two night stay outside of the reserved rooms for the wedding party. I called the day before to see if we could get our rooms arranged so we were on the same floor of the other attendees of the wedding. We have an 11 month old that we were traveling with. I called the night before to see it I could get on the same floor. Elena of customer service at the front desk was incredible helpful and professional. She made a note on our reservation. I even had an additional room that I rent for one night for our sitter. She was able to get us all on the same floor. It was an excellent customer service experience and will be staying her again. Thank you Elena.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
HiltonMilwaukee, Front Office Manager at Hilton Milwaukee City Center, responded to this review, January 17, 2012
Dear John R -

I am happy to hear that you choose to stay with us at the Hilton Milwaukee for a recent wedding in town! Thank you very much for the kind words about Elena’s customer service! I will make sure to share comments with her. We are proud to have associates like Elena to assist our guests and uphold our 4 Diamond service standards and very happy to have had the chance to welcome you to our Historic downtown Milwaukee hotel!

I look forward to your return very soon as our guest!

Hilton Milwaukee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

A friend and I stayed here during our trip to Milwaukee. The staff was helpful and friendly, and more than willing to help us plan our evenings out on the town. The location is ideal for going anywhere in the city, and the building (which is distinct and beautiful), is easily spotted from many places across the city so it's difficult to get lost. Where they really shone was their helfulness after I left the hotel. I ended up leaving my passport in the room, and they priority shipped it to me in Michigan as soon as I called them.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Dear jetsetroadbound –

Thank you very much for choosing to be our guest at the Hilton Milwaukee and for the kind words about our staff, ( I am glad we were able to locate and send your passport to you in Michigan!) I look forward to your return as our guest to the Historic Hilton Milwaukee!

Memphis, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

Lets start with room service. I ordered a pizza to my room. There was tons of souce on it. I hate tons of sauce so I called and told them to remake it. The operator acted like she had a attitude or like I was being difficult because I didn't want the pizza. She told me to make sure I give them the pizza I didn't want when I recieve the new pizza. Room service comes back up, I give them the old pizza, and they give me a new pizza with just as much sauce on it.

Parking....Parking is susposed to be complimentary for the guests. Basically the entire time I was there, there were cones up preventing me from driving into the parking garage. I had to park across the street and pay for parking the entire 3-4 night stay.

My aunt booked the room for me, because I was coming from out of town. She added my name to the room in case I lost a key. Which I did lose the key. They must did not hear the name correctly, because when I try and get a replacement key, they can't give me one because they don't know who I am.

I was told 1 night that I had to pay for the waterpark, which I thought was complimentary. On the last night of my stay my wife went to take the kids, and she decided that she would just go ahead and pay for it. When she gets to the waterpark, they tell her it is complimentary. So basically my kids were crying about going to the waterpark everyday, which I didn't wanna pay for everyday, but they really could have been going for free everyday.

Last but not least. I ask the bell hop for directions to the highway towards Chicago. His directions send me the totally opposite way.

Room Tip: They rooms are okay, nothing amazing. I didn't stay in a Suite so I can't speak on that. Bas...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
HiltonMilwaukee, Front Office Manager at Hilton Milwaukee City Center, responded to this review, January 1, 2012
Dear Mr. Cedric E -

I am very sorry to hear of the issues you faced as our guest regarding our indoor waterpark, Paradise Landing (which is included when a room is booked for our Waterpark Package) and our Room Service.

I would also like to apologize for the issues you experienced with our parking garage, overnight parking is 24 dollars an evening and we are always able to accommodation our guests to park. I am unaware of why you would not have been able to use our garage while you were our guest.

I would welcome the chance to speak with you personally about your time as our guest to ensure we will have the chance to welcome you back in the future!

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

I was not expecting much being I got the Hilton on Priceline but I was given a larger than normal room which was a nice surprise. All the employees were attentive and professional. I didn't even bring up my diamond status because I got the room on Priceline but felt like I got some special treatment anyway. The parking is a lot but if you are willing to walk 2 blocks there is a parking garage on old world 3rd that is only 12.00. I think I can walk 2 blocks to save 12.00 dollars.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Dear Pamela K -

Thank you very much for the honest review of the Hilton Milwaukee and for choosing to be our guest! I look forward to your return to Milwaukee.

Wausau, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

I paid $80 a night for the Hilton through Priceline. Thought that was a pretty fair deal. As others have mentioned, parking is a bit steep at $24 a night. But that seems to be the case with most downtown hotels. The lobby is gorgeous and very classy. Staff was very helpful. The room was nice, but a bit small in the bathroom area. Beds were very comfortable. Would have liked it if they offered a continental breakfast. Would stay there again, if the price was right.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Dear cjs1214 -

Thank you very much for the review of the Hilton Milwaukee and for choosing to be our guest on your visit from Wausau! We do offer a Bed and Breakfast package that does include breakfast for your next visit as our guest!

I look forward to your return to Milwaukee.

Chicago, Ill
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

I don't often enjoy staying in downtown areas because of the congestion and a lack of free perks at downtown area hotels. Like may, this one didn't offer free internet access, no breakfast was included in my stay and parking was a whopping $24 a day. I guess I'm just a suburbanite at heart.
As far as this hotel, the lobby was beautiful. The room, as with most "historic" hotels, was incredibly small. There was enough room to walk along side the bed and enough room to close the door in the bathroom. There wasn't any closet. The room also had some of those telltale issues when it comes to "historic" hotels, like wallpaper peeling off in the corners of the room. It also means thin walls and hearing every word of a conversation in the hallway at 3 a.m. (thanks neighbors!)
All in all, though, I'd gladly stay here again if it came up as my Priceline pick. You really can't beat the location. It's next door to Boston Store and a decent shopping mall. It's also conveniently located near arenas and a short drive to the casino.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Dear jdb327 -

Thank you very much for the review of the Hilton Milwaukee and for choosing to be our guest on your visit. When your travels bring you back to Milwaukee I encourage you to book a King Superior bedroom for added space and also request a room that above our 15 floor. We are currently replacing all of the will vinyl in each of our rooms in our Historic Tower section. We agree with you that the peeling wall paper does not produce the most welcoming first impression to our rooms! This is the last phase of a compete renovation to our guest rooms!

I look forward to your return to Milwaukee.

Green Bay
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

By now you most likely know the first thing I want in a room is it to be quiet; so I can sleep.
I ALWAYS request this when making a reservation and remind the Front Desk this upon check in.
Nearly every time I get put directly adjacent to the HVAC system. (BOSE headphones do not cancel this out.) I had a rather inept clerk; 3 rooms directly! by HVAC UNITS. Room 4 had a naked person in it! Room 5 over the Refrigeration Units from Banquet Facilities. Finally, I asked the housekeeper named Mary what room was quiet. She promptly told me the exact room number! Maybe the Front Desk people need to get off their "high and mighty" attitude and train w/ housekeeping. Better yet, promote Mary!
Stay over the front door in this property for quiet!

Room Tip: Front of the hotel, over the main door!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Dear drox -

I am very sorry to hear of the noise issues you faced as our guest! I would like to thank you for your patience and also for the comments regarding Mary and her knowledge of the hotel.

Hilton Milwaukee

Been to Hilton Milwaukee City Center? Share your experiences!