“I won't be back.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Plaza Milwaukee Airport Hotel and Conference Center

Save Saved
You added Ramada Plaza Milwaukee Airport Hotel and Conference Center to your Saves list
Ramada Plaza Milwaukee Airport Hotel and Conference Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6331 South 13th Street, Milwaukee, WI 53221 (Formerly The Plaza Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #41 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee

339 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
BERGEN COUNTY,N.J.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Very good rate,I should have known better.The room was foul smelling with very old outdated furniture,we were located near the hotel staff laundry room and the workers were talking and laughing all night long,combined with the loud noise from the laundry machines this was a nightmare.We complained to the management and they did nothing,they said the hotel was sold out.We had booked a month in advance and booked here because Ramada has a reputable name,what a mistake.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Fox River Grove, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I stayed here with my family during a recent trip to MIlwaukee. Unlike most of the reviews Im seeing on here, I did not find this hotel to be that bad, so we must have lucked out with a good experience. The hotel staff we encountered were nothing exceptional, but not as rude as others have experienced. The rooms were quite nice in my opinion, clean and modern. The sleep number bed worked well in both our rooms and was a welcome addition to a hotel room stay. We did receive our free drink vouchers when we checked in as promised and breakfast was included.

The breakfast was quite unique in that it takes place in a restaurant rather than the traditional continental style. Unfortunately the menu is limited, service is very slow and the wait staff is quite uninterested in their jobs.

0verall would stay again but only if I found a good deal.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Omaha, Nebraska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Some of the simple things that you would expect from a hotel are seriously lacking with this Ramada. I'll number my complaints below:

1) Biggest issue for me was NO WI-FI in my room. I told the front desk and they gave me the 1-800 number to their internet provider tech support. Their advice? Just change rooms. I'm unpacked and not interested in changing rooms only to find the wi-fi doesn't work there either. Internet issue NEVER resolved during my five night stay.

2) Pool area had green "stuff" growing in the cement. Also, no pool towels? Maybe I could have brought a towel from my room but it's not often a hotel pool doesn't have a stack of towels out. No problem, though, since there were plenty of paper towels in the bathroom.

3) My balcony sliding door had no handle, inside or out. I had to use friction and slide the door open by putting my hands on the glass and then not shut it all the way so I could come back in from the balcony.

4) The balcony itself had more broken, crumbling cement than it didn't.

5) On day three, I came back to my room and found a set of sheets flopped down onto my open suitcase. My bed was made but... Were my sheets supposed to be changed? Did someone leave those there on accident? Given the cleanliness of the hotel in general, I wouldn't have been surprised to find bedbugs. But thanks for dropping the clean (?) sheets onto all my clothes. If I come home with bedbugs, I'll send the bill to Ramada.

6) Carpet in hallways was dingy, old, stained, and covered in blackened gum. My room carpet had many dark stains as well.

7) Desk staff was cold and impersonal. I don't expect a birthday party when I show up but the only flight I could come into Milwaukee on landed at 10am. Check-in was 2pm. There was NO flexibility given, not even a half-hour for me to check in. So I drove my rental car to the dollar theater and saw Men In Black 3. That's a separate bad review...

8) This may be nit-picking but... It looked like there were still Christmas lights strung up and hanging all sloppy-like from the roof. If they were just there for ambience, they looked terrible. If they WERE still Christmas lights, shame on you, Ramada. This was August.

I normally like to add positives if I'm going to say anything negative about an organization but... Yeah. The ice machine worked.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
DFW
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

While it is a ok motel with good bedding, etc., however, it has a conference hall that it rents for local parties, which means you have to live with LOUD music till midnight. I was there this weekend and when I complaint at 11pm that there is too loud music, I was told they have a contract that the conference hall tenant can ply music till midnight and nothing we can do about it. So, you pay to sleep there but they will not care about your convenience and make you hear loud nusic till mignight! Have a good Night if you still choose to be there...

Room Tip: Try a room towards the front of the motel if you have to be there as far away from conference area...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Saint Paul, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I really don't know where to begin. I have stayed here in years past and have been pleased with my stay. It's unbelievable how terrible it became in a few years. The woman at the front desk was comically rude. It was like candid camera or something. Our first room was full of black mold. They attempted to cover the smell with some strong cleaner that made my eyes burn. Rude front desk lady was very put out by any request to move. The carpet was so dirty my bare feet were black! The sleep number beds did not work. Our friends were staying with children. They brought food for lunches and the fridge stopped working spoiling their food. Our credit cards were double charged and rude lady failed to mention a $100.00 incidentals fee. Sat night there was crazy loud music keeping everyone awake and front desk hung up on us four times and told our friends they could just leave. You do not get the free drink coupon they advertise and when we asked the rude woman she said I'm sure some idiots at Irish Fest will be stupid enough to buy you drinks. There were not enough towels and my friend ending up cleaning the filthy rooms herself. Also there was nothing to prevent the children from just falling out the window three stories. It took an hour to get the very mediocre breakfast and impossible to get coffee and ketchup. AVOID AVOID AVOID! I don't foresee it improving anytime soon as management and staff are at best apathetic and usually rude.

Room Tip: AVOID if possible but if you must stay, AVOID first floor as it is the most moldy and dirty but also...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Ramada Plaza Milwaukee Airport Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!