Some of the simple things that you would expect from a hotel are seriously lacking with this Ramada. I'll number my complaints below:
1) Biggest issue for me was NO WI-FI in my room. I told the front desk and they gave me the 1-800 number to their internet provider tech support. Their advice? Just change rooms. I'm unpacked and not interested in changing rooms only to find the wi-fi doesn't work there either. Internet issue NEVER resolved during my five night stay.
2) Pool area had green "stuff" growing in the cement. Also, no pool towels? Maybe I could have brought a towel from my room but it's not often a hotel pool doesn't have a stack of towels out. No problem, though, since there were plenty of paper towels in the bathroom.
3) My balcony sliding door had no handle, inside or out. I had to use friction and slide the door open by putting my hands on the glass and then not shut it all the way so I could come back in from the balcony.
4) The balcony itself had more broken, crumbling cement than it didn't.
5) On day three, I came back to my room and found a set of sheets flopped down onto my open suitcase. My bed was made but... Were my sheets supposed to be changed? Did someone leave those there on accident? Given the cleanliness of the hotel in general, I wouldn't have been surprised to find bedbugs. But thanks for dropping the clean (?) sheets onto all my clothes. If I come home with bedbugs, I'll send the bill to Ramada.
6) Carpet in hallways was dingy, old, stained, and covered in blackened gum. My room carpet had many dark stains as well.
7) Desk staff was cold and impersonal. I don't expect a birthday party when I show up but the only flight I could come into Milwaukee on landed at 10am. Check-in was 2pm. There was NO flexibility given, not even a half-hour for me to check in. So I drove my rental car to the dollar theater and saw Men In Black 3. That's a separate bad review...
8) This may be nit-picking but... It looked like there were still Christmas lights strung up and hanging all sloppy-like from the roof. If they were just there for ambience, they looked terrible. If they WERE still Christmas lights, shame on you, Ramada. This was August.
I normally like to add positives if I'm going to say anything negative about an organization but... Yeah. The ice machine worked.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in close proximity to the Milwaukee General Mitchell International Airport, the Ramada Milwaukee Hotel & Conference Center is perfect for your next stay in the Milwaukee area. Offering 163 rooms with 4 suites. Stop in and grab a bite to eat at Buck & Brew Restaurant or have a drink at the lounge. The Atrium offers wonderful space for a wedding, party, or meeting. Let our staff give you a warm welcome and make you feel like you're home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Wyndham, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Ramada Plaza Milwaukee Airport Hotel and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Conference Center Milwaukee Hotel Milwaukee