I had stayed at this property several years ago when it was a Hilton and found it rather lackluster then. They rebranded to a Holiday Inn late last year, according to the front desk clerk, and have completely renovated the property.
The front desk staff was great from checkin to checkout. As mentioned, the rooms have been completely redone and have a sleek, modern feel to them. The bed (king) was firm and very comfortable and had real king size pillows. The bathroom was also redone and nicely finished but, unfortunately, kept the same very small floorplan. Not so bad for a single traveler, but couples/families might be bumping in to each other. The room had a safe in the closet but no fridge. There was a large TV mounted on the wall that had about 40-something basic cable channels plus HBO and quite a few were HD. The wireless internet speed was good while I was there.
I had a couple of meals at the bar/restaurant and found the food to be pretty good in quality but the service, unlike the front desk, could be indifferent.
Overall, they have done a pretty good job with the property and if I have to be back in that part of Milwaukee, I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along the banks of the Milwaukee River and just minutes from the heart of downtown, the Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront is the latest addition to the Greater Milwaukee scene. Enjoy a luxury selection of spacious guestrooms including deluxe rooms featuring impressive river views. From plush pillow-top mattresses and luxurious linens to premium bath products, our hotel offers a modern twist to a relaxing and peaceful stay. Whether traveling on business or just for leisure, our hotel's accommodations and amenities will exceed your every expectation. When staying with us take advantage of complimentary Internet access, complimentary parking, and an extravagant dining experience. Explore all of Milwaukee's rich history and settle in at our hotel after a day on the town. With a variety of local businesses, corporations, shopping and nightlife, there's plenty to do when visiting the Milwaukee/Glendale area. Guests can take advantage of our hotel's free shuttle service to local attractions and shopping within a three mile radius. The hotel has been designed to not only give guests easy access to the city's entertainment, but also to provide a serene environment with unparalleled hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Milwaukee River Hotel Milwaukee
- Hilton Hotel Milwaukee River
- Milwaukee Hilton