“Older hotel but nice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront

You added Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4700 N Port Washington Road, Milwaukee, WI 53212 (Formerly Milwaukee River Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #26 of 52 Hotels in Milwaukee
Fishers, Indiana
“Older hotel but nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

Decent hotel. Rooms were clean and front desk people were friendly. From a hotel standpoint there is really nothing to complain about. Everything you would expect from a Hilton. I would def. stay there again. The drive to downtown was not too bad. There is a nice outdoor/indoor shopping mall about 1.5 miles away. The neighborhood around the hotel seemed a bit shady but we didn't encounter any problems.

The restaurant in the hotel is a different story. This restaurant gets high reviews from other people but I am not sure why. Was greeted at the door by a friendly hostess for breakfast. She took me to a table and it was all downhill from there. Waited for what seemed a LONG time on a waiter/waitress and no one came. I flagged someone down and they got my server for me. I did the buffet and the food was typical for a hotel buffet, not great but not bad. Never got my drinks refilled and again had to find someone to help me. VERY poor service, but the kicker, The service for lunch the next day was a 1000 times worse. To make this quick, wasn't greeted in a timely manner. forgot to bring our drinks, only brought half our food and dropped off our check before we even got the rest of our food. Drink refills didn't happen. The bright point, the food was def. above average for a hotel restaurant.

Not sure I would eat in the hotel restaurant again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Michael D, Manager at Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank you for your comments and insights! All very much appreciated as we embark on a major renovation project for our unique Hotel and restaurant, The Anchorage!

Our hotel enjoys many positive features.....our location to both Downtown Milwaukee and to Glendale's attractions such as the Bayshore Town Center, our Interstate access, our pastoral setting along the Milwaukee River, a very dedicated staff, and our fantastic restaurant, The Anchorage. Sorry to read that you felt the service was off, as this certainly is not the norm, nor up to our standards.

We do wish to announce new ownership of the property, which is beginning the transition to become a magnificent IHG / Holiday Inn property! This will build upon our past successes while creating a great new environment.

A larger lobby with river views, an expanded ballroom, a refurbished restaurant with an expanded riverside patio, and totally remodel guestrooms will all be included in these next few months!

We hope that you have found a new home base for your Milwaukee visits as we make these improvements!

Director of Sales & Marketing
Milwaukee River Inn & The Anchorage

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

I tried to check into the hotel a couple hours early. The lady at the front desk seemed genuinely upset that she had no rooms available for me. She explained that they were sold out the night before. I appreciated that she was so nice to me.

My room was on the river which was great. I always appreciate a view. The room was spotlessly clean and quite large. The hotel is not brand new, but seems to be fairly updated. I had a good night's sleep.

I had breakfast at the Anchorage restaurant attached to the hotel. The buffet was nice and again the restaurant overlooked the river. There was an outside patio. There were many business people staying at the hotel. I did not get a chance to see the pool.

I stay in this area often. This is my new favorite hotel. The price was the same as hotels in the area that are not as nice as this one.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so very much for your comments about our hotel, our staff, and our acclaimed restaurant, The Anchorage! All very appreciated!

We are very proud of these areas, and am glad to read that you appreciated them all during the course of your stay!

We have made a number of recent improvements to our property, and look towards making many more as our new owners rebrand our unique property to become a Holiday Inn property! These renovations will build upon these above-mentioned strengths and traits!

A larger lobby with river views, an expanded ballroom, a refurbished restaurant with an expanded patio, and totally remodel guestrooms will all be included in these next few months!

If we were your new favorite hotel before?
JUST WAIT!!!!

Director of Sales & Marketing
Milwaukee River Inn & The Anchorage
Burlington, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

The Hotel was very accommodating . We will definitely stay there again .. Centrally located for our needs . The Restaurant Staff and Bar staff went above and beyond in service. Clean ... Very happy with our choice

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Michael D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Thanks for your comments after your first visit to our hotel and our restaurant, The Anchorage!

Based on your comments about our staff, their performance, our restaurant, and our cleanliness levels....all items we pride ourselves on.....we hope that it’s also not your last visit!

See you again!

Mundelein, IL, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Side doors are ridiculously loud, pool was dirty, no clean towels available. No toilet paper in room for 3 people?!! Staff didn't do anything with loud guests at 1:30 am! Hilton contacted us to rectify the problem but didn't take our calls when we tried to return theirs. Seriously, don't stay here.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your comments.

Our hotel and restaurant staffs combine their efforts to make the best possible setting for our overnight and dining guests. I am proud of their efforts, and continuously look for ways to improve as warranted.

I do apologize if the conduct of others was less than cordial, as well as if items were amiss during your stay. We encourage guests to immediately bring this to the attention of our applicable departments, such that we may be able to make direct corrections, alterations, and remedies right away.

While we cannot totally regulate guests' conduct, we can make sure that cleanliness and service standards are well maintained.

This said, and based on the positive comments of many other guests to our facility, we do hope this was an isolated situation, and that we can welcome you again to showcase our fine hotel and restaurant.

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times in the past few years on business, but this time I had a particular good experience. Friendly staff, clean and quiet room, Exercise equipment that is in good condition (could you more space though) Anchorage restaurant a true gem. Great seafood for Wisconsin, really good staff at both restaurant and bar. Specials all week had my colleague and I eating three breakfasts and three dinners at the restaurant.
Will definitely be back, again and again.

Room Tip: Request river view room if possible.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for providing your comments! And thank you also for your continued patronage of our Hotel and restaurant, The Anchorage!

Like you, we also view our restaurant as a gem, known for its location and river views as much as for its outstanding seafood. Combine that with our staff members' efforts to make our guests feel welcome, and you have the perfect setting for your lodging and dining stays.

The Anchorage also has its own Trip Advisor listing for your direct comments as well, and I'm sure that the staff would appreciate that!

We all look forward to being a part of your local hotel and dining needs!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

We stayed at the Hilton Milwaukee River six months ago while visiting our son there and enjoyed ourselves. The price was also great. So we stayed there again during our visit this month and once again were pleased — with the exception of not having hot water for showers in the morning. Staff is accommodating; everything is clean and kept up nicely.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Michael D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Thank you for your comments! All very appreciated!

We do receive many positive remarks about items such as our noted restaurant, The Anchorage, or about our convenient/unique location along the river. But I'm most proud of the positive comments directed towards my staff as you made here. They all certainly deserve these marks!

I did pass along the water comments to our maintenance staff as well. Thanks for letting us know!

Please don't wait another six months to visit your son! We’d like to welcome you back again soon!

-- Michael Dietrich, GM
Bolingbrook, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

As a travelling consultant. I am used to go out to restaurants. On this assignment, I go to Milwaukee 3 or 4 nights a week. I go to this restaurant regularlly and I love it. Great Steaks, great fish, good wine. The staff is very friendly. I usually eat at this restaurant 2 or 3 times a week.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for giving us your comments following your stay with us.

We also thank you for your continued patronage for your Milwaukee travel obligations, especially for our acclaimed restaurant, The Anchorage. (They also have their own Trip Advisor listing for your direct comments, and I’m sure the staff would greatly appreciate reading this on their listing too!)

Celebrating a 40th anniversary this year, The Anchorage is considered a unique dining destination in the area, as well as a key amenity for our hotel!

We all look forward to welcoming you back.....for both your lodging and your dining needs!