Due to a booking problem (not associated with this hotel) I found myself looking for a hotel at the last moment near an event at the US Cellular Arena that brought many people into downtown Milwaukee. Not willing to pay the exorbitant rates at the few remaining hotels that still had remaining rooms, I was forced to look further out from downtown than I desired.
This hotel is 4.5 miles from the Arena instead of the few blocks I had wanted, but there were some perks to being this far away: 1. Hotel has Free Parking. Most hotels downtown either have none or charge extra for it. 2. The hotel and the Arena were both near the highway. I didn't have to do much city driving to get the 4.5 miles done. 3. Quiet. Although it was near the highway, I heard no highway noise nor much hotel noise while in my room.
Now for the actual hotel, I was getting up early and returning late so I didn't see much of it outside my room. The room was comfortable and smelled clean. The bathroom was a decent size. An option I had selected when I booked the room was extra pillows (I like to sleep with my head and shoulders raised). It was nice to be able to have these already in my room without having to call down to get them.
As for my complaints, while I liked the complimentary internet, I do not enjoy having to go through 3 or 4 web pages to sign on to it. I wish there was a refrigerator in the room. There was no soda vending machine, but you could buy soda from the lobby and charge it to the room (which turned out to be much more reasonable than I had feared). And of course my pet peeve about no guide on the TV, although no other hotel seems to provide this maybe if enough of us gripe about it, someone will listen. Spending many minutes to find a show (and channels were VERY slow to switch here) is aggravating and annoying.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Milwaukee River Inn is a full-serviced hotel and conference facility located near the corner of Port Washington Road and Hampton Avenue. Overlooking the banks of the scenic Milwaukee River, our Hotel is only minutes away from the major attractions, businesses, and social venues within the greater Milwaukee area. Combined with our convenient freeway access and our complimentary open-air guest parking, your guests and clients should have very easy access to our facility for your events! Proudly featuring 161 guestrooms featuring complimentary High-Speed Wireless Internet, along with nearly 4,500 square feet of unique and flexible meeting / dining space, the Milwaukee River Inn is also able to professionally host and cater events in our various salons totaling up to 225 attendees! Additionally, our corporate-styled Hotel facility will present your guests with all of the formalities of a full-serviced hotel property! Your attendees' leisure time can be conveniently spent with our proximity to shopping and entertainment at the elegantly remodeled Bayshore Town Center, attractions of different styles and tastes, and county parks and golf courses. This is all in addition to our own numerous in-house amenities, our highly-acclaimed restaurant, The Anchorage, celebrating 40 years of dining excellence, and other specialized guest services! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel, Hotels.com, TravelClick, Venere and Priceline so you can book your Milwaukee River Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Milwaukee River Hotel Milwaukee
- Hilton Hotel Milwaukee River
- Milwaukee Hilton