Due to a booking problem (not associated with this hotel) I found myself looking for a hotel at the last moment near an event at the US Cellular Arena that brought many people into downtown Milwaukee. Not willing to pay the exorbitant rates at the few remaining hotels that still had remaining rooms, I was forced to look further out from downtown than I desired.
This hotel is 4.5 miles from the Arena instead of the few blocks I had wanted, but there were some perks to being this far away: 1. Hotel has Free Parking. Most hotels downtown either have none or charge extra for it. 2. The hotel and the Arena were both near the highway. I didn't have to do much city driving to get the 4.5 miles done. 3. Quiet. Although it was near the highway, I heard no highway noise nor much hotel noise while in my room.
Now for the actual hotel, I was getting up early and returning late so I didn't see much of it outside my room. The room was comfortable and smelled clean. The bathroom was a decent size. An option I had selected when I booked the room was extra pillows (I like to sleep with my head and shoulders raised). It was nice to be able to have these already in my room without having to call down to get them.
As for my complaints, while I liked the complimentary internet, I do not enjoy having to go through 3 or 4 web pages to sign on to it. I wish there was a refrigerator in the room. There was no soda vending machine, but you could buy soda from the lobby and charge it to the room (which turned out to be much more reasonable than I had feared). And of course my pet peeve about no guide on the TV, although no other hotel seems to provide this maybe if enough of us gripe about it, someone will listen. Spending many minutes to find a show (and channels were VERY slow to switch here) is aggravating and annoying.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along the banks of the Milwaukee River and just minutes from the heart of downtown, the Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront is the latest addition to the Greater Milwaukee scene. Enjoy a luxury selection of spacious guestrooms including deluxe rooms featuring impressive river views. From plush pillow-top mattresses and luxurious linens to premium bath products, our hotel offers a modern twist to a relaxing and peaceful stay. Whether traveling on business or just for leisure, our hotel's accommodations and amenities will exceed your every expectation. When staying with us take advantage of complimentary Internet access, complimentary parking, and an extravagant dining experience. Explore all of Milwaukee's rich history and settle in at our hotel after a day on the town. With a variety of local businesses, corporations, shopping and nightlife, there's plenty to do when visiting the Milwaukee/Glendale area. Guests can take advantage of our hotel's free shuttle service to local attractions and shopping within a three mile radius. The hotel has been designed to not only give guests easy access to the city's entertainment, but also to provide a serene environment with unparalleled hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Milwaukee River Hotel Milwaukee
- Hilton Hotel Milwaukee River
- Milwaukee Hilton