I spent New Years Eve here with my spouse. We purchased a package which included 1 night's stay, $40 voucher for The Anchorage Restaurant, chocolate covered strawberries delived upon arrival, and breakfast for 2 on New Years Day. We arrived for check-in December 31st in the early evening. The staff seemed nice. Our room was nice, and very quiet since there was no adjoining door. Ou room was located on the 2nd floor. A wedding party was staying in the hotel so there was a lot of traffic throughout the hotel. We had dinner in The Anchorage. The food was delicious, and our server was great. After dinner we returned to our room. After turning the bed down, we discovered that it was infested with bed bugs! We immediately called the front desk to report the problem. They reacted by moving us to another room down the hallway. As we packed our things to leave the room a staff person slid our new room key under the door. Although I am glad that we were able to receive another room, I could not regain my piece of mind. We pulled back the bedding and checked the mattress thorougly before even thinking about sitting on the bed in this new room. The new room also had an adjoining door and we had to deal with noise coming from the guests in the next room. I definitely would have appreciated more of an apology from the staff or some way to try to make it up to us. Breakfast the next morning was a buffet. The food was okay, and the server was "okay." She didn't check on us very much. If it hadn't have been for the bed bugs, I would have rated this as a really good stay. I just don't trust the cleanliness of this place, and I hope that they called an exterminator to take care of this pest problem before it gets worse!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along the banks of the Milwaukee River and just minutes from the heart of downtown, the Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront is the latest addition to the Greater Milwaukee scene. Enjoy a luxury selection of spacious guestrooms including deluxe rooms featuring impressive river views. From plush pillow-top mattresses and luxurious linens to premium bath products, our hotel offers a modern twist to a relaxing and peaceful stay. Whether traveling on business or just for leisure, our hotel's accommodations and amenities will exceed your every expectation. When staying with us take advantage of complimentary Internet access, complimentary parking, and an extravagant dining experience. Explore all of Milwaukee's rich history and settle in at our hotel after a day on the town. With a variety of local businesses, corporations, shopping and nightlife, there's plenty to do when visiting the Milwaukee/Glendale area. Guests can take advantage of our hotel's free shuttle service to local attractions and shopping within a three mile radius. The hotel has been designed to not only give guests easy access to the city's entertainment, but also to provide a serene environment with unparalleled hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Milwaukee River Hotel Milwaukee
- Hilton Hotel Milwaukee River
- Milwaukee Hilton