“Excellent guest services by people who care” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Milwaukee River Inn

Save Saved
You added Milwaukee River Inn to your Saves list
Milwaukee River Inn
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4700 N Port Washington Road, Milwaukee, WI 53212 (Formerly Hilton Milwaukee River)   |
Ranked #23 of 52 Hotels in Milwaukee
Davenport, Iowa
“Excellent guest services by people who care”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We stay at this hotel several times a year. It is always a good experience. This last stay was for a family event. When we packed out the room I inadvertently left my chiropractically designed back board that is wonderful when my back hurts.

It took me a few days to realize that I had left it back in the room. I then immediately called the hotel. At first no one knew what I was talking about as it is an odd appearing board to anyone who is unfamiliar with what this might be. I started looking online and it was no longer available at any price and there weren't even any on ebay. I was very upset at the situation.

Two weeks later I received a phone call from one of the hotel managers that she had located the board and it was already being shipped back to me! I offered to pay the shipping and was informed me that "it had already been taken care of."

How refreshing to have such a caring staff. The service we experienced throughout the rest of our stay was also excellent. We stay at this property at every opportunity and am doubly delighted that it has not been just a one time experience with such wonderful guest services.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Michael D, General Manager at Milwaukee River Inn, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Happy New Year!
And thank you very much for providing your comments following your stay with us at the Hilton Milwaukee River!

I'm glad that we have earned your loyalty in becoming your preferred Milwaukee-area hotel for your visits. But I am more please to read of your comments about our staff members!

Hotels can vary in size, amenities, and the like, but the true measure are the levels of our customer service that the Hilton Milwaukee River provides!

We hope that your back gets better, and equally look forward to your next visit here!

Hilton Milwaukee River & The Anchorage

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Westminster, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Who would have expected to find a gem like this in the outskirts of Milwaukee? Beautiful facility in the middle of redecorating...WONDERFUL seafood in the restaurant...with great wait staff...and very helpful and pleasant staff in all other areas. This property has easy access to the highway. It is a great place to stay when you are in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
glimmertwin65, General Manager at Milwaukee River Inn, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind comments about both our Hotel and our restaurant! They are appreciated!

Combined with our dedicated staff members, we are very proud of our levels of service, of our unique location that is close enough to Downtown or the Bayshore Town Center Mall yet rural enough with a river-side locale, and of our numerous, recent enhancements such as new TVs and carpeting.

Most of all, though, we are especially proud of our restaurant, The Anchorage! It also received a number of recent enhancements, from menu to decor, and is certainly not your standard hotel restaurant! (The Anchorage equally has a dedicated Trip Advisor site should you also care to place direct comments there as well.)

I do invite you back soon for your next lodging and dining trip!

Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

And I would have given this hotel four stars had the restaurant staff been the slightest bit happy to have customers. I was with three other business associates and really felt like we were a bother. I looked around at other diners and could see they weren't feeling very welcomed either. This is such a contrast to big city hotels where the competition for business is tough. The meal itself was very good although a bit pricey. That just goes without saying at hotel restaurants.

Now on to the rooms. They were clean, updated and had nice furnishings. The complimentary toiletry items were of a higher quality than what I usually find. The reception staff was competent and courteous. Plenty of parking was available and it is free.

As I said I would stay again at this Hilton as the rooms are nice and the area around the hotel is picturesque with the river and city parks right there.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments here on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay!

I was pleased to read about many of your positive experiences at our Hotel and restaurant, The Anchorage. We have made numerous enhancement and upgrades to our property, and with the upgraded toiletries, complimentary weekday hors d'oeuvres reception, and repaved parking lot, you experienced many of them.

But I can assure you that we will strive to earn that 4th star in your review as you mentioned within areas of our restaurant. That certainly is not indicative of the levels of service, quality of food, or uniqueness of ambiance that is our collective goal.

The Anchorage equally received many upgrades including a new, contemporary decor and revamped menus, and the staff does have to be to the task for our guests.

That said, I look forward to welcoming you back soon for that 4th star, showing you that your recent dining experience was an anomaly, and not the norm.

Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Location was the reason I chose this Hilton. While I found the staff very friendly and helpful the hotel itself is not up to par with other Hilton's I have stayed at. Elevator is so slow! Expect a long wait. Room was clean but outdated. Bathroom is extremely small yet there is a huge open unused space as you enter the room next to the bathroom. Could defnitely benefit from using some of that wasted space to redo and enlarge bathrooms. Beds/Pillows were good and had a good nights rest. Riverview...well...it was more like a small amount of stagnant water and trash along the banks. Obviously during my stay it hadn't rained in some time and this area of the country was having a drought. I'm sure the riverview is some what better when there is actually water running in the river. Not sure I'd opt for the riverview on a future stay. Breakfast in the on site restaurant was good with good service. Overall I would probably stay here again for location, not opt for a riverview room, and hope for more updating on the rooms and common areas in the future.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Thanks for your comments here on Trip Advisor about our Hotel!

Our unique location does generate favorable guest comments, with our Hotel being within striking distance to Downtown Milwaukee, the lakefront, and the numerous area attractions. It also places guests close to the neighboring communities of Glendale, Whitefish Bay, and Shorewood. In this manner guests can enjoy their unique shops, cafes, and attractions such as the Bayshore Town Center.

I am glad to read about your positive comments about our Hotel’s staff and our restaurant, The Anchorage. I am quite proud of these two elements of our Hotel, especially as they enhance guests’ experiences while staying here!

In regards to our guestrooms and property conditions, we have made a variety of enhancements to the Hilton Milwaukee River over the past few months. They have included, but are not limited to items such as new 37" flat-screen TVs, the implementation of a more sophisticated, complimentary WI-FI service, new in-room guest safes, more high-definition TV channel selections, and a completely remodeled restaurant in The Anchorage. More recent completions now showcase new carpeting and wallpaper in all of our guestroom and public access hallways and corridors, upgraded Lobby and Banquet furniture, upgrades to our guestroom bedding, linens, and in-room toiletries.........and lastly a recently repaved parking lot.

Regarding the river? I'm sure that you appreciate that we are at the mercy of Mother Nature. The Milwaukee area and much of the Midwest experienced severe drought conditions this past summer, which has had an adverse effect on the water levels of our adjacent Milwaukee River.

The Hilton Milwaukee River and The Anchorage both look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I only have good things to say about the Hilton Milwaukee River Hotel. It was very convenient to the places I had business at. My room was very comfortable; nice size television screen; nice bath products. I appreciated the half price drink coupon given to me by the front desk attendant for the Anchorage Restaurant. I did not make use of the fitness center; but I was able to use the free computer in the business center. I also appreciated that the wait-person the next morning adjusted my buffet breakfast rate to a continental breakfast rate. Nice touch. Mind you I was paying an industry rate for my room, but even so the value was excellent.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
glimmertwin65, General Manager at Milwaukee River Inn, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you very much for your comments and your compliments about our Hotel, about our restaurant, The Anchorage (equally with a Trip Advisor site should you like to make direct comments there as well), and most important, our hotel and restaurant staff!

All very much appreciated!

From high-profile changes like new flat-screen TVs in our guestrooms and a complimentary WI-FI system, to lower-profile, yet equally important additions such drink specials in the restaurant and upgraded in-room toiletries, the Hilton Milwaukee River is proud to offer these to our guests!

But none would be effective if it wasn't also for a dedicated staff to provide these as well!

We look forward to being a part of your future Milwaukee travel plans!

Wilmington, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We spent two nights at this hotel and blocked 5 rooms for a wedding. We had asked for two of the rooms to be adjoining, and because of it some of our party had to get moved to a different floor. However we were given an upgrade of another room to compensate--which was very nice of the staff to do. The hotel was still being remodeled, but most of the work appeared to be finished. The river view rooms had a nice view, especially since the leaves were changing. The location is right of the interstate and in a quiet part of Glendale surrounded by medical and office buildings. A residential neighborhood and two county parks are north of the hotel across the river. It is near Bayshore Mall and shopping in Whitefish Bay and Shorewood are also rather easy to get to. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were clean. The staff was all very nice. Overall we had a great stay at this hotel and would stay again if in the area.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments about the Hilton Milwaukee River following your recent stay with us to attend a wedding!

Our Hotel, along with our restaurant, The Anchorage, completed a variety of different upgrade projects, and I'm glad that you noticed and appreciated them!

From new flat screen TVs and bed linens/towels in the guestrooms to a more powerful, complimentary WI-FI system, and from a remodeled restaurant with both a new décor and menus to new carpeting / wallpaper in our public corridors, our facility has accomplished many improvements.

Glad to read that you also ventured out-and-about within our Milwaukee / Glendale neighborhood! Our location, with easy access to I-94 and I-43, places guests conveniently near Downtown Milwaukee, to the Lakefront, and to other area attractions such as the near-by venues of the Bayshore Town Center and the Sprecher Brewery. (Complimentary area shuttle service provided by the Hotel is also available.)

We do hope to see you again for your next Milwaukee visit!

Appleton, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I stayed here in early October with three grilfriends. We had a double bed room, which is not enough bed space for four people. The hotel its self was okay, nothing really stood out about it. We checked out the restaurant attached to the hotel and it was way to expensive so we went elsewhere to eat. The neighborhood was okay so we felt safe to going to and from the car at night.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
glimmertwin65, General Manager at Milwaukee River Inn, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Thank you for your comments following your "girls weekend" stay! We appreciate you taking the time to do this!

Our Hotel is more of a boutique-styled facility, focusing on customer service, our location close to attractions such as the nearby Bayshore Town Center Mall, the beautiful views of the Milwaukee River/Estabrook Park banks, and our noted restaurant, The Anchorage.

The Anchorage, while known for its seafood entrees, does offer a wide variety of different options from breakfast to dinner, from small-plate to full entrees, all at affordable, "non-hotel" prices.

Hopefully on your next Milwaukee visit we may welcome you back to our Hotel, as well as tempt you to dine in The Anchorage!

Hilton Milwaukee River

Been to Milwaukee River Inn? Share your experiences!