“Great staff / Average room” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 20%
Ranked #6 of 52 Hotels in Milwaukee
So. Indiana
“Great staff / Average room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2010

Centrally-located downtown, near Marquette Univ. campus and restaurants. Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts nearby. Stayed 2 nights. Front desk staff was very courteous & helpful with information on local attractions and restaurants & calling for cabs when we needed them. Ate 1 dinner & 1 breakfast at the hotel and it was very good, especially for a hotel restaurant. People in our party had steak & fish, both good. The breakfast buffet was excellent, although maybe a bit pricey at $11 or 12 each, but it sure was convenient on a snowy cold morning. The sleep number bed we had was not very comfortable for 2 people; I wonder if there was something malfunctioning with it. Might stay again if in the area, but other than the friendly staff & restaurant, the room itself was only average.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Appleton WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2009

The location is within walking distance of Starbucks, there is a 24 hour convenience store and a liquor store across the street. Valet parking, check in and check out was a breeze. The room was a King corner suite with a great view of the city. Comfortable sitting area. The bed and linens were extremely comfortable. Plenty of room to move around. Snacks and bottled water were available in room when we arrived.
The room service was fast. We had a bottle of wine, a burger, a sandwich and dessert for $58 including tip. There is an 18% gratuity included on the bill. The tray included ice water and individual bottles of condiments. We received a call about an hour after we ordered to make sure we were satisfied with the food and service. Nice touch.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2009

The hotel is located at the heart of Milwaukee, either walking distance or a short cab ride to many of the city's best-known landmarks. It

The staff is very expedient and helpful, which makes the hotel seem like a nice bed and breakfast rather than a chain hotel. The decor also goes the way of B&Bs, with its pastel shades and floral motif. The design is a bit dated as with the architecture itself, but the staff more than compensate for these with their perkiness.

Housekeeping, however, requires some attention. I arrived one night to find my bath tub dirty; I did not complain since I didn't want anyone fired. But then, in hindsight, maybe I should have, since the following day I returned in the afternoon to find my room still not clean. And when the housekeeping arrived, I asked her to fix the bathroom up. Instead, she left the bunch of towels and the soap/shampoo in their plastic on the bathroom countertop without fixing them in their proper places. Darn return to my kindness!

Anyway, despite this sour incident, the delicious cookies remain the most memorable part of my stay in this hotel.

Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2009

Stayed at the Doubletree hotel as it was a one of 3 downtown host hotels for the event I was attending.

I must say all of the staff were exceptional and went out of their way to make everyone feel welcome. I was able to check in to my room at 11:00 am and the front desk staff was friendly and efficient.
I will agree the room was a bit small, I stayed in room 900 and we had a mini fridge and microwave which came in handy during our 6 night stay. The beds were typical Hilton comfortable and provided a good nights rest.

The hotel was conveniently located and was in easy walking distance to shopping and food options. The pool area was nice and the fitness room was small but adequate for a quick workout. I also noticed two free washer and dryers for guest use.

I ate the breakfast buffet every morning and the food was excellent with a nice choice of all the breakfast favorites that were fresh and cooked properly.

Overall I was very pleased and would stay here again if I ever need to travel to Milwaukee.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2009

I am a loyal Hilton chain customer because of the typical reliability of the accommodations and service. This hotel was OK and has many very good points. However, there are a couple of improvement opportunities.

Good points are the location, hotel has a nice appearance, the availability of a shuttle service, the chocolate chip cookie, the majority of the staff were very pleasant and helpful, breakfast buffet, business center, free news paper delivery and free wi-fi access.

Some opportunities are the room cleanliness - specifically the carpet had a couple of very sticky spots. One day I was not given a bath mat, but I did not call housekeeping to report it since I got back to my room late that evening. I am sure they would have resolved it, if I had taken the time to call. The hotel is near a busy road so there was some traffic noise, but it was not too bad.

One safety caution is the heavy steal bed frame that the box spring sits on. It was recessed in on the sides of the bed, but at the foot of the bed it extended about 1 inch beyond the mattress and it was covered by the dust ruffle. My small toe jammed into it which resulted in swelling and it turning black and blue. The next morning I could not wear my shoe due to the swelling. I informed a young woman at the reception desk, however, her response was in my opinion - rude. After I informed her of the incident she did not initially respond which was quite awkward, so I tried to explain the incident again and she then said that she cannot say that the bed caused my injury. I was not asking for her or the hotel to admit any liability, but I thought they should know that there is a potential safety concern with the bed frame. It would have been nice to be treated like a valued customer and to have the hotel staff respond with some empathy like - do you need ice, thank you for letting us know, I am sorry to hear of this incident, etc. I would suggest they train their staff how to more appropriately respond to a safety incident when something happens on their property. Hopefully this one individual represents an isolated situation as I found all the other staff to be very pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2009

I highly recommend this Doubletree for your stay in Milwaukee. I was only there one night, but I found that it was one of the nicest I've stayed at. The room was very clean, and included many amenities: Neutrogena shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, sunblock(!), facial cleanser, rainbath, etc. I also had snacks (chex mix) and water in the room, though that may be because of my Hilton Honors membership (my co-workers, not HHonors members, did not have these amenities). Starbucks is 1/2 block away. Baseball stadium, riverwalk and lots of restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Washington Dc, District Of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2009

Kudos to the staff who were friendly and helpful from the moment we arrived, hot and dusty from a long motorcycle ride thru the midwest. How nice to visit a hotel where everyone seems to enjoy their job, with no "attitude." Despite the comfiest mattress, we had a nearly sleepless night due to rowdy guests in the next room; but the following morning when my husband told the management about the issue they bent over backwards to make it up to us. They were considerate, friendly, and highly attentive.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple