“Wonderful experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   611 West Wisconsin Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53203 (Formerly Holiday Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 20%
Ranked #6 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
Jackson, Mississippi
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Traveled to Milwaukee for the first time to attend a conference in early July. The hotel was about 20 minutes from the airport and easy to find since I had a rental car. The staff greeted me with a smile and one of their famous warm chocolate cookies. The front desk person had informed me that they upgraded my room to a corner room (size of a jr. suite). Thank you Hilton. Across the street was a 24 hour small grocery store and a 24 hour Dunkin Donuts. This allowed me to shop for food and drinks to keep me supplied during my 6 night stay. The housekeeping staff ALWAYS smiled and said hello when I walked by them. Being from the south, I enjoyed the simple hello from the hotel staff, it made me feel more welcome since I traveled by myself. I would recommend this hotel for anyone needing to stay near the downtown area. The pleasant personalities of the staff, and their being knowledgeable of answers to questions that visitors of the city would ask, made the stay very pleasurable. Also they have a fantastic breakfast bar.

Room Tip: Ask for a Corner room. Very large with a desk, chair, sofa, microwave, and refrigerator.
Green Features: They will change your sheets every three days or more often if you request. Towels on floor will taken, however, the towels left on the towel bar are left for the guest to re-use.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
MilwaukeeGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear kmelders-

Thank you for choosing to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown, and for the excellent review. I am so pleased to hear you had a great experience with us, and I’m glad you enjoyed our convenient location (close to the airport), and right across the street from a 24-hour convenience store and Dunkin Donuts. Our goal is to provide you with a “home away from away” experience, and I’m proud to hear we accomplished that, and that all of our team members made you feel welcome throughout your stay. Our team is always looking for ways to make your stay more enjoyable, and I’m glad our Front Desk Agents were able to upgrade you one of our spacious corner suites. I truly appreciate the well-deserved feedback on our staff’s “pleasant personalities”, knowledge of the city, and helpfulness with answering questions. Thank you again for recommending our hotel, and we hope to welcome you back again soon with our famous warm chocolate chip cookies.

414-273-2950

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We didn't know that we had booked during a large bank convention, and when we checked in we were nervous because we were sure that the convention would overtake the hotel; however, we were pleasantly surprised that the staff was able to accommodate all of us! We loved Milwaukee and the DoubleTree. We remain loyal Hilton guests and will consider this hotel in the future if we stay in Milwaukee again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
MilwaukeeGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Hello Angel L-

Thank you for choosing to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown and for your sharing your great experience with other travelers. We truly appreciate your business at our hotel, and your continued loyalty to the Hilton brand. I’m so glad we were able to accommodate you, despite it being a very busy time for us. We take great pride in taking care of our guests, and I am happy you enjoyed our excellent downtown location and the award-winning service provided by our team. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel on future visits, and please don’t hesitate to contact me if there is ever anything I can do to assist with a future reservation.

Marshfield, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Was very clean room that had up-to-date furniture. Valet parking was very nice and easy to get to. Fresh warm chocolate cookies given at check in and good description of activities at hotel were explained. Dillon Holzmann and Al Harris were very helpful and made me feel welcome.
Great location close to bus that traveled to Summerfest. Had a nice deck to relax at, beds were very comfortable. will definitely be back!

Room Tip: my room was very clean, comfortable and had all I needed.
Green Features: appeared to be environmentally friendly. They had waste baskets separated for garbage & recyclables.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Hello Cindy P-

Thank you so much for the wonderful review and kind words on our team. Most importantly, thank you for choosing to stay with us! I am proud to hear that our front desk agents Dillon and Al were very helpful and welcoming! In addition, I’m glad you enjoyed our excellent location in the heart of downtown Milwaukee (close to the Summerfest grounds), our convenient Valet parking, clean guests rooms, our very comfortableSweet Dreams® beds, our relaxing sundeck on our 2nd floor and of course—the cherry on top, our delicious, heavenly chocolate chip & walnut cookies upon arrival! Thank you again for the fantastic review, and we look forward to welcoming you back on future visits!

Naperville, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I have stayed at this Double Tree in the past. I have always been happy with my stays and the service that has been provided. Today was an exceptional day. The front desk did a great job with getting the room that I booked (double beds) switched over to a king bed room within 15 minutes of my check in. The hotel was overbooked because of the Northwestern Mutual convention that I was attending as a vendor. I was stuck with the double beds which was on me cause I booked it due to it being the only option left. They were able to kill two birds with one stone because a different customer that checked in wanted a double bed room and therefore they were able to switch us. Thinking outside the box, yes. I like it. Most places can't think outside the box, however they did and it paid off for both parties. I have to give credit when credit is due and Patrick, Fada, and Dexter were great with making this happen. If you see one of them at the front desk don't worry, you’re in good hands. They gave me extra drink coupons for the inconvenience so I decided to take advantage of them along with the extra 500 Hilton Honors bonus points if you spend twenty-five (25) dollars or more in the restaurant. I ordered the beer cheese meatloaf which was really good. The bartenders Jacqueline and Marek were absolutely great. They were tentative to me and everyone else in the bar area. Jackie made great beer recommendations that I was pleased with. I definitely will be back to hang out in the bar and take the recommendations that they have to offer. It's hard to find great service today but make no exception here both Jackie and Marek were on point along with the Patrick, Fada, and Dexter at the front desk. I would highly recommend staying here over any other hotel in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Hello Timothy M-

Welcome back, and thank you for your continued loyalty to the DoubleTree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown! I am so pleased to hear that you are always happy with your stay and the exceptional service provided by our team. I’m glad our desk agents were helpful and prompt in switching your room type for you at check-in. Thank you for the well-deserved recognition of our front desk agents Patrick, Fada, and Dexter! I am proud to hear that their quick thinking helped to exceed expectations with accommodating your request. I’m glad you were able to take advantage of our Hhonors dining bonus certificate while enjoying our delicious beer cheese meatloaf! I am so pleased to hear that Jackie and Marek also provided you with memorable service in our Avenue Bar & Grill. I am proud to hear that they offered were very helpful and knowledgeable when making recommendations. I will be sure to share you great feedback with the rest of our team. Thank you again for recommending our hotel to other travelers, and for the amazing review. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Everyone was so nice and helpful--from the valet who offered to keep our car close because we were going out to dinner shortly after arrival, to the desk clerks who had many helpful suggestions for dinner, to the shuttle driver who drove us to dinner. The rooms and bathroom were on the small side but well equipped. The hallways were over air-conditioned as aa previous reviewer said, but we found the room temperature to be quite comfortable. You get in and out privileges for your $15 parking fee.

• Stayed July 2014
Hello Kim S-

Thank you for choosing to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton, and for the wonderful feedback on your stay with us. I am so pleased to hear that all of our team members were helpful and accommodating from our valet, to our front desk agents, and shuttle drivers. We strive to provide you with the best experience possible, and I am proud to know that every department & team member contributed to making your stay more enjoyable! I do apologize that our hallways felt over air-conditioned. I’ve discussed your comments with our Maintenance team to ensure our public areas are more closely monitored, and kept at a comfortable temperature. I am glad to hear that your room temperature was comfortable. Thank you for your valuable feedback, and we hope to welcome you back again soon!

Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Loved this hotel from the moment we arrived.
The staff were very friendly and drew us a map of a shop we wanted to go to and the Harley Museum.
The room was very comfortable with beautiful duvet on the beds.
I would love to return to Milwaukee and would certainly stay at this hotel

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello MrsD16-

Thank you for staying at the DoubleTree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown, and for recommending our hotel to other travelers. I am glad we made a very positive impression from the moment you arrived! Our team members are always looking for ways to make your experience more enjoyable, and I am glad they were able to assist with directions to the Harley Museum and local shops. In addition, I’m glad you enjoyed our very comfortable rooms, and the lovely duvet on the beds. Thank you for the glowing review, and we hope to welcome you back again soon!

Appleton, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was very courteous and helpful, the cookies weren't bad either! We had a relaxing and fun time meeting friends and family in the Hotel bar, the bartender was personable and friendly. The downtown location was in the heart of everything, walking distance to anything from restaurants to entertainment, public transportation was a breeze if we wanted to go beyond walking distance.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hello Greg D-

Thank you for selecting to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown and for the excellent review! I’m glad you enjoyed our perfect downtown location in the heart of city, our clean and comfortable guest rooms, and our “very courteous and helpful” staff. It’s great that you were able to take advantage of our on-site bar, and I’m glad it made for a relaxing and fun atmosphere to visit with friends and family. Thank you for your recognition of our “personable and friendly” bartenders. I will be sure to share your great feedback with the rest of our team. Thank you again for your review, and we hope to see you back again soon!

414-273-2950

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown? Share your experiences!