“The staff was great” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   611 West Wisconsin Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53203 (Formerly Holiday Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 52 Hotels in Milwaukee
“The staff was great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Hosted the United States Youth Futsal Leadership Summit meeting June 12 - 14 and they hotel staff and accommodations were great. A special thank you to two people who really helped us with our media presentation, Allen Fischer and the Food and Beverage manager, Jon Bjerning really saved the day and helped us out in an emergency. 15 minutes before a presentation, we discovered that our projector did not accept a certain computer model, John came through and lent us their projector and hook ups. The front desk staff was also very courteous under a lot of pressure during a very busy weekend.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

MilwaukeeGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown for the United States Youth Futsal Leadership Summit meeting. I truly appreciate the wonderful review and the kind words on our team. We take great pride in taking care of our guests, and I am so pleased to know that we exceeded expectation in your experience with us. I am glad to hear that both Jon Bjerning, our Directore of Food & Beverage, and Allan Fischer, our Director of Catering, were very helpful in lending you the appropriate equipment for your presentation, and making sure that everything ran smoothly. Additionally, I am pleased you enjoyed the courteous service provided by our front desk team. I will be sure to share your great feedback with the rest of our team! Thank you again for staying with us, and we hope to see you back again soon!

414-273-2950

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Milwaukee, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

We rented rooms for my daughter's wedding so there were multiple people staying at the same hotel from my extended family. My brother came in from Minneapolis on late Friday night. His room was reserved almost a year earlier but when he arrived he had no room. Apparently he had used his Target charge card to reserve the room and Double Tree runs the card 24 hours before your stay. If the card is dead, then the room is dead. Unfortunately my brother was one of those people whose card was stolen in the big Target credit card fiasco, so he canceled his card. It would have been nice if Doubletree had contacted him to ask about the card especially since they knew he was bookd on the wedding guest room list. My husband and I had to be at the wedding venue at 2:30 pm but there was no way they would let us check in before 3:00 pm, so our room wasn't ready until we returned at 12:30 pm. There was also confusion as to whether we had a room or not. The room keys they gave us initially opened a room that was already occupied! Lastly, after eating breafast in the hotel restaurant, I visited the women's restroom and found a 3 inch cockroach. YUCK!!! When I told the front desk, they said they would send someone over to check on it...no apology, no great concern. A woman came after about 10 minutes and said, UGH...I'm afraid of cockroaches...I'll have to get someone from maintenance. She left me standing in the restroom. No need to post a sign or anything.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

MilwaukeeGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Thank You for selecting the DoubleTree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown while traveling the area. We assure you this is not characteristic of our property. In fact, this is the first negative review we have had in quite some time. We do try our absolute best to meet all guest requests, including early check-ins to our hotel. Unfortunately, our check-in time is not until 3pm, and since we were sold out for Saturday we were not able to accommodate early check-ins. The party was made aware of this in advance, and I do apologize for any inconvenience this caused. We are sorry for the very unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. Our guests’ health and safety is extremely important to us and we focus a great deal of our time and attention on them. We work closely with a professional pest control company to address and correct any pest situation that might occur. We have shared your comments with our staff and promise the situation has been successfully addressed. I would love to speak with you regarding your experience. Please contact me directly at: 262-727-2270.

Fall Creek, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel for both business and pleasure trips. The location is excellent - easy walking distance to many attractions downtown. The place is always clean and the staff, always accomodating.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

MilwaukeeGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Hello Pamela-

Thank you for choosing stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown, and for excellent review. We truly appreciate your continued loyalty to hotel whether traveling for business or leisure! I am so pleased to hear your great feedback back our excellent location, our pristine hotel, and the wonderful service provided by our award winning team. Thank you again for your loyalty to our hotel, and we look forward to your next stay with us!

Vincennes, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Every time we come to Milwaukee (once a year), we always stay at this Double Tree. There are never any trouble or issues. Downtown Milwaukee is a great place to visit, I always feel safe and we have a really good time. I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

MilwaukeeGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Hi Sharon-

Thank you for choosing to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown, and for recommending our hotel to other travelers! We take great pride in taking care of our guests, and I am so pleased to know that you always have a great experience with us. We are honored that you choose to stay with us every time you visit the Milwaukee area, and we truly appreciate your continued loyalty. Our team strives to make your stay as wonderful and hassle-free as possible, and I’m glad to hear that all your stays have been problem free! Thank you again for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next visit.

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

I was in charge of booking a block of 25 rooms for a large group event as well as coordinating an opening reception. Our stay at the Double Tree was great and I had no complaints from any of the members of my group. Char in the group sales office was a joy to work with. She was always one step ahead of what I needed and was a delight to work with in person and over the phone. The staff was very friendly and accommodating and the rooms were very nice. I liked the downtown location of the hotel as well. When I plan this trip again I will definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
MilwaukeeGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Hello Josh-

Thank you for selecting to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown, and for your excellent five-star review! We take great pride in taking care of our guests, and I am so pleased to hear that your group had a very positive experience with us. Our team members strive to provide all of our guests with a perfect ‘10’ experience, and I am proud to know that our Sales Manager, Char was always one step ahead, and a delight to work with. I will be sure to share your kind words with the rest of our team. Thank you again for your fantastic review, and we look forward to having you back again on future visits.

St Louis, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

This was one of the hotels recommended for the show, and overall I preferred it to the Hyatt where I stayed the year before, mostly because of the fridge and microwave in the room, free internet, better price, and cleanliness Pros: Excellent location across the road from the convention center Nice sized fridge in the room Staff was very helpful Cons: Room a little small I wish the parking wasn't valet Lighting in the room rather dim I'd stay there again for the show

Hello Charlene-

Thank you for choosing to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown, and for the excellent review. I am so glad you had a great experience at our hotel, and we are honored that we are your hotel of choice while visiting for the Bead and Button Show. I am pleased you enjoyed the refrigerator and microwave in your guest room, free high speed wireless internet, our excellent downtown location (across the street from the convention center), and our very helpful team! Thank you for recommending our hotel to other travelers, and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on future visits.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Staff was very friendly and accommodating, we arrived late in the evening and we had no trouble. Beds were small. It was very close sleeping. TV was a nice size, microwave was a nice size as well. Once I figured out the coffee situation that worked well. Clean room, terrible view. (but I don't know that there could have been a nice view). Vending machines only take dollar bills. Lots of stores and restaurants nearby. I didn't have time to explore much, but what I experienced was quite nice.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
MilwaukeeGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Hello April-

Thank you for choosing to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown and for your review. I am so pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay, and that our staff was "very friendly and accommodating”! I am glad you enjoyed our pristine guest rooms with our excellent amenities including our 32-Inch LCD HD TVs, microwaves, and our in-room beverage station and coffee maker. Additionally, I am pleased you enjoyed the convenient vending and ice machines on every floor, and our perfect location in the heart of downtown Milwaukee (within walking distance to many stores and restaurants). Thank you again for taking the time to share your great feedback with other travelers, and we hope to see you back again soon!

414-273-2950

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown? Share your experiences!