“jacuzzi room” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Tampa, Florida
“jacuzzi room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2010

nice. with mini bar. right around the corner from Carnevor :)

Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2010

I stayed here for just one night on Valentines Day 2.14.2010. When I called the hotel I got a cheaper rate than what was offered online so that was GREAT!!. I booked a Jacuzzi Suite and it was everything and more of what I expected it to be. The jacuzzi is BIG 2 people can fit in there no problem and I am 6 ft tall. The aveda bath products were really nice. Put the Bath crystals in the jacuzzi and I felt really soft and the fire place heats up the room ALOT. I also looooved the radio with the CD player it was really nice, almost had a Bose Sound system effect to it. THE BEDS ARE SUPER COMFORTABLE.
I ordered the 8 oz steak dinner from the room service and it was very good and so was french toast the next morning.
Only bad things would be the street parking sucks and you have to pay 25.00 for overnight valet but its worth it if you have a nice car and don't want to risk parking downtown on the street at night...and I was going to order the 16oz steak but they didn't have it which I didn't understand.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2010

Disapointed in the size of the room. Got the SPA room and didn't feel like a spa! The fireplace didn't work and the mini frig was not running. Valet was $25 for the day which was credited because of the fireplace. The staff was nice and helpful. Really enjoied the London Cab!!! They bring you any where for free. (tip) The lobby was small and the bar was cozy. I will stay at another hotel next time I am in Milwaukee.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2009

I read some mixed reviews here on Tripadvisor and almost cancelled my reservation at the Hotel Metro on Madison. What are people thinking? This was one of the most outstanding hotel stays for the $ I have ever enjoyed. Fun spacious rooms with unique design.

Loved: the large tub for two and the large well lit vanity in the bathroom, the lobby and red elevator doors, free internet in the lobby, the front desk's help with finding good nearby clubs.

Criticisms: There were two large flat screen TVs in the room - I have no use for TV.

My friend and I stayed in three hotels in three days - this is the one we will remember and go back to.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2009

I had an excellent stay at Hotel Metro.....I was a first time visitor and will be coming back. The staff is friendly and courteous. The rooms are spacious and clean. Overall my stay was fabulous and can't imagine staying anywhere else in Milwaukee..

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2009

I thought that with such great reviews this was going to be a great place to stay. I was completely disappointed. The front desk staff was utterly rude. Not to mention it was $25.00 dollars to park my vehicle for the day, ridiculous. They do not offer a shuttle and the taxi that they offer to guest is a joke. The rooms a spacious the only up side. I think that they really need to work on having a friendlier staff. The lobby is atrocious I would never recommend this place to anyone. The don't even offer a business center its a computer in the lobby, really wow. Along with that there work out facility has about 3 machines. I think that this place is over priced and needs a lot of help if its ever going to survive. I am going to stay at the Ambassador or the Pfister next time.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Isle of Man
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2008

I contacted the Hotel directly and managed to get a special rate. Did not eat in the Hotel. However the rooms were very spacious and comfortable. My day was made when Cindy Crawford walked by the Hotel whilst I was having a drink outside.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hotel Metro? Share your experiences!