“Great!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
Auckland, NZ
“Great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Very convenient location for my trip. The jacuzzi in the room was interesting. The roof top spa was also very nice. They let me check in early, which was very helpful. Courteous and helpful staff. The attached restaurant has happy hour menu/drinks. I would prefer to have heavier shades for the windows, however.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Kris_Willis, General Manager at Hotel Metro, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you aucklandflower for writing a TripAdvisor Review. We understand you have many choices for hotel accommodations in downtown Milwaukee and we look forward to having you stay on your future visits! Our guest rooms all offer either an over-sized soaking tub or jacuzzi tub which offers jets; the jacuzzi tubs are normally in our King Spa Suites as well. I also checked into the blackout drapes in our guest rooms to see if we were having any issues, and housekeeping is going to come up with a great idea to find the draw for them since our guests are having a hard time finding the 'draw or pull' for our blackouts! We look forward to having you stay with us again and when making your reservations you can ask for a jacuzzi tub or soaking tub!
Kris Willis

247 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
San Diego, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

I liked the location and service, especially from Angie at the front desk. The Aveda bath products were nice. But I was really disappointed with the cleanliness of the bathroom. The shower was years overdue for a bleaching. And the decor struck me as more 80s and old than 30s and chic. The bed was comfortable and valet was always quick with my car. I just expected a cleaner and more updated room for the price.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Kris_Willis, General Manager at Hotel Metro, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you cdarwin for your review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate having you choose Hotel Metro for your overnight stay in Milwaukee from such a long list on Expedia.com/Hotels.com! First, thank you for noting that Angie, our Rock Star guest service representative, did a great job providing you service during your stay - I will make sure she has noted your awesome comment.
We also took a moment to look up which room you were a guest in, since we are updating our bathroom stand up showers with frameless glass walls and doors, and new slate tiles with approximately 18 left to do. Hotel Metro's decor is also a reflection of the early 1920's to 1930's design as the building was built in 1937. The Art Deco movement was at it peak and we reflected that with the curvature of the half wall in each suite, the art work, style of furniture and colors used on the walls and living area furniture.
We hope you will choose Hotel Metro on your next travels to Milwaukee and would love to give you a personal tour and walk thru of all the great rich history Hotel Metro has to offer.
Yours in hospitality,
Kris Willis
Fountain Hills, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband and I were very excited to stay at the Metro. My son had booked the hotel and paid for our room as a special present for our wedding anniversary. We were excited as we had traveled from Arizona to visit family. The staff is wonderful and I have to say very friendly. The room however was another story. The date was August 27, 2013, the weather hot and humid which was the temperature in out room. The temperature never changed and at 11p we called to the front desk and told them. Since the room was were asked if we wanted to just go to another room to sleep. We did not want to move all our clothes from one room to another, so we opted to just go to another room. I feel my son should have gotten some credit for this inconvenience. The room cost him $285.00. We paid the $27.00 parking. Since I am a travel agent of more that 40 years I expect better you the hotel. Thank you Mrs T Jackson

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kris_Willis, General Manager at Hotel Metro, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Mrs T Jackson - Thank you for writing your review on TripAdvisor and commenting on our outstanding guest service employees. It is nice to hear positive feed back from guest(s) and especially from a hospitality/travel person that understands the day to day experiences! I remember having you and your husband check out and I apologize for the inconvenience of your sleeping in a different room due to the heat issue on one of our hottest days in Milwaukee, and during our transition of upgraded thermostats to not have this occur. Our guest service representative had discussed that your son had pre-paid/purchased your overnight thru a third party web site such as Hotels.com / Expedia.com and that we would need to work with him and that company to make any adjustments that we could offer to the bill. I understand it was very frustrating, but we still would like to offer a discount and if your son could contact us direct at info@hotelmetro.com or call our Director of Guest Services at 414-272-1937 we can get the situation resolved.
Thank you again for staying with us while visiting family in Milwaukee. Those moments are priceless!
Kris Willis, General Manager
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I recently stayed here for a business trip and loved the 1920s art deco look of the hotel. My suite was spacious and very clean. I stayed in a PURE hypo-allergenic room because my allergies were really bad during my visit. I was able to sleep without being stuffed up and sneezy. The staff couldn't have been more helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Bangor, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I stayed here with my wife and baby daughter for my sister's wedding. The building was originally an art deco office building, and some years ago they converted it into an art deco hotel. Its actually right next door to the Pfister, which is the old classic hotel in Milwaukee. The place is a little expensive (especially for parking), but the rooms are big, uniquely designed/decorated and clean. The front desk was actually a little shaky with our wedding block reservations, and after we returned home there were a couple of attempted additional charges from the hotel that were obviously wrong, but all in all, we had a really nice time. The location of the hotel is great, right in East Town, which is the area of the city east of the river, and centrally located.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Warrenpoint, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

My partner and myself have just returned from a stay at the Metro Hotel in Milwaukee. When we arrived we were greeted by Chris the newly appointed Hotel Manager, who immediately upgraded us to a King Suite and throughout our stay could not do enough fro us . The Hotel is listed on the Historic Hotels of America. It was opened in 1937 and has been refurbished in line with its original streamlined art deco design. Our suite was an unusual corner suite looking out on the corner of Mason Street. It had a Jacuzzi bath and a fully stocked mini bar with everything you might want. All of the staff were so friendly and helpful, advising us what to see in Milwaukee, which is a beautiful city. If I ever have the pleasure to visit Milwaukee again , I will be staying at the Metro. Thanks again to Chris , the Manager who was very courteous and attentive.

Room Tip: Ask for Chris.