“A Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
wisconsin
“A Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This hotel has everything I look for in a hotel. Courteous, friendly, helpful staff. A great lounge and restaurant with convenient hours. The rooms was spacious with a great array of amenities. The location of the Metro is within walking distance of all that downtown has to offer. It is obvious that the staff is proud of Hotel Metro. We will certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side face a parking ramp.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Kris_Willis, General Manager at Hotel Metro, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
rikawisconsin - Thank you for your TripAdvisor guest comments on your stay! We look forward to having you stay in the near future while visiting Milwaukee. Our lounge has awesome Happy Hour specials and $5 Martini's on Friday; and being located downtown we are located close to events like Summerfest, Bastille Days and Jazz in the Park at Cathedral Square and all our ethnic festivals throughout summer! Let along the beach and lakefront only 4 blocks away - ask about our bicycles to ride there and check it out!
Hoping to see you soon in Spring!

248 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Other than a miscommunication before our trip, we've always had great accommodations and service at Metro, and this time was no different.
I had emailed the hotel twice to inquire about movie or DVD player availability in the rooms before the trip, and didn't receive a response until after we had left for Milwaukee, but Cindy Dunn contacted me afterward and made it right--we've stayed at Metro a few times, and this was the only time we had any sort of misstep.
The staff, especially Ryan, Katherine, Diana, Dasha and Chelsie were outstanding as usual, and the room was beautiful. The exhaust fan in our bathroom roared (the cover was loose), but to us that's pretty minor, and I did let them know about it, so I'm sure it will be attended to.
We really like staying at Hotel Metro, and we will return, hopefully soon.

Room Tip: Go with a King suite, and if possible, get a corner--lots of windows, and the room is incredibly spa...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you Brian E for your guest comments! Our team of Superstars never cease to amaze me when we hear all the awesome guest service offerings they take care of and our guests write about! The team takes pride in Hotel Metro and what we do have to offer, like the DVD Players and other arrangements that our Concierge can help you with.
You stayed in our Master Suite which is enormous and does have the great wrap around windows overlooking downtown! Hotel Metro offers 11 different styles of suites and you choose our "grand daddy" if I may and is my favorite as well, since it has the sitting area/living area seperate from the bedroom and the oversized bathroom with soaking tub seperate from the shower and a towel warmer!
Thank you for choosing Hotel Metro while visiting Milwaukee and we hope to see you soon!
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Beautiful hotel in a great and convenient location. Staff went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed. Room was amazing and very clean. Front desk friendly and helpful. Valet courteous, fast and helpful with directions. Concierge gal was super friendly and very helpful with dinner (Carnevor) and lunch (transfer pizza) suggestions. Bartender Joe made an awesome Grey Goose drink and was very friendly (go cubbies!). Night manager even went out of his way at 1a.m. to get us special request for our room. One very minor glitch was the room service guy told me he was bringing me up some water to go with my breakfast and never returned. Food was so good I let it slide. Cant wait to visit again. No reason to try anywhere but the Hotel Metro.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you jvillalobos for your TripAdvisor comments! We understand you have many choices in hotels when traveling to Milwaukee, so we are excited you stayed with us!
You got to met our Rockstar staff and take advatange of our many amenities while staying; so for your next stay if you need anything special please reach out to us at anytime and we'll make it happen!
Thank you also about the small glitch in room service; we have addressed the issue and it has been resolved for future guest(s) stays.
See you soon in downtown Milwaukee!
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Stayed here for an overnight to celebrate my birthday with my husband. Couldn't wait to use the jetted tub and fireplace and just relax. (We booked a spa suite). The room was wonderful. I had high expectations of the service, based on reviews I've read here. The front desk called our room 45 minutes after arrival to see if everything was to our liking.
An issue I had with our stay was that we wanted to order breakfast to our room. We found a small menu that you could hang on your doorknob before 1:00 am to order food and specify a time to have it delivered. We thought we'd just wake in the morning and see if we felt like going down to the restaurant, or if we just wanted to order room service, which was an option in the "black book" in the room. We opted for that because we truly didn't know what time we'd wake in the morning and didn't want to have to worry about it. The menu in the "black book" also had a few more things to choose from in it and the prices were cheaper for whatever rason. When we called to order the food, it came rather quickly, but was not the greatest food we'd ever had. We were billed $45 for a breakfast that, according to the prices in the "black book" we thought should have totalled about $30-32. Room service called shortly after the food arrived to ask how the food was. I explained my confusion about the bill, and he didn't really have an answer for me. Upon check out (where I was not asked how our stay was!) I brought the issue up. The woman told me that the manager would call me that afternoon. She did call me, misunderstanding my question. She told me she would look into the pricing and call me back. Four days later, I haven't heard from her.
BUT we'd stay here again. The car was nice and toasty warm when the valet brought it to us upon departure. Our goal of a relaxing stay was achieved. We didn't use the hot tub on the 7th floor, as we didn't know it existed, so hadn't brought swimming suits. But with the jetted tub in the room we wouldn't have used it anyway, I suspect.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Juju-68 thank you for your comments. First, we are addressing the "black book" (which is our Hotel Metro amenities/safety/facts and emergency book) issue that you mentioned in your review; thank you for mentioning this.
You did mention you were not aware of our 7th floor Salt Water Hot tub which overlooks downtown Milwaukee - it is part of our rooftop amenties such as sauna, exercise room, waterfall shower and the salt water hot tub - so bring your suits next time. The rooftop is also an outside sitting area and an observation deck of sorts and open to the public on Monday nights starting May 6th - something to keep in mind.
Thank you again for taking the time to write your review,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a night with my mom and sister to celebrate a birthday. The people, from the valet to the manager, were so friendly and helpful! the lobby is very cool, and the room was fun and funky. The only problem was the pillows. They were all very tall and hard, and uncomfortable. We all slept horribly and consequently were zombies at the museum next day. I will return to this Hotel, but check the pillows before I turn in for the night.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
414Allison, General Manager at Hotel Metro, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for your review Sebsss - I want to make sure to let you know right away to personally call us direct while making reservations for your next stay and to also let us know to "check your pillows" so you all have a great night's sleep. We have a couple different pillow options for you to request or try.
We are sorry to hear you all did not sleep well and we will follow up with our Executive Housekeeper on making sure we check all pillows, but also to have different styles on hand for our guests during their stay.
We look forward to having you back with us, and look forward to seeing you again!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

My husband surprised me with a "babymoon" (I'm 8 months pregnant) overnight stay at the Metro hotel. I was dying to use a jacuzzi, so we stayed at the king spa room with a fireplace and a jacuzzi, it was very cold that day (February 19) so the fireplace was a great hit.

The hotel looks very nice, very art deco, but could use a fresh coat of paint in the halls and rooms, as well as some new carpet, but it was still very nice.

The bed was super comfortable, best sheets ever!!!

The jacuzzi, well I loved that, lol, the fireplace was great, the furniture in general was very nice. The room is completely stocked with drinks, super overpriced like any hotel though. We didn't use those, 1 because I'm pregnant and hubby doesn't drink that much, and 2 because you have a very nice bar downstairs open until 2am (The lounge) with better prices.

We had dinner that night at the Metro restaurant, I have to say I wasn't that impressed with the food, the staff was great, but the menu didn't have a lot of stuff and is expensive, compared to other restaurants in Milwaukee I was expecting more.

One thing that I didn't like is that the black book in the room, the one that explains all the services to the guests, specifically said that local calls are free, we called home a couple of times and were charged for those calls, we brought it to the front desk personnel attention and they removed it immediately, but I guess if I didn't look through our bill it would have passed, so you need to really check your bill.

Another thing is parking (valet) for overnight guests is $27, a bit too much I think, but when we got our car back it was wonderfully warm inside, I don't know how they did it but it was great. And the valet guy didn't stand around for a tip (we had to chase him to tip him, lol) that was nice, we always tip valet but hate it when they stay around like asking for it.

All in all we loved the place, I loved my husband's surprise, and will most definitely come back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you Alasica on you TripAdvisor comments. It is very important to us at Hotel Metro to make sure all of our guest(s) overnight stays and visits are great and we provide you with the best available service and amenities/product as possible.
Our valet overnight fee is $27, without any in-and-out charges. There are alternative choices in downtown Milwaukee such as street, a parking structure next door for $30, or one block in either direction a parking lot for $10. All of these options would be self - serve to you while visiting. (your car was in our basement parking area which is heated in the winter, and cooled in the summer month!)
We are also changing our METRO dining menus the second week of March to continue offering approximately 25 choices for all meal times, and then an additional menu weekly for dinner of Signature Dishes to keep the options changing for repeat guests. So stay tuned!
Our management team is in the process of updating our showers/painting of all rooms and public areas, and replacing carpet in our guest hallways and guest rooms; which is going to be just as spectacular as the rest of the hotel to it's true art deco style! Completion by summer on this as well.
So, reach out to us personally when making your next reservation so we can meet you and personally show you our new and updated amenities and features.
Thank you again, and see you soon while visiting the downtown Milwaukee area,
Milwaukee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

My wife and I celebrated our anniversary at this hotel, and stayed in a Pure Master Suite King with a Fireplace room. The staff and their care of our special date distinguished this hotel from other 5 star hotels in which we have stayed. Their attention to detail, and "can-do" attiude was refreshing, and unparalleled. We sipped a glass of wine and enjoyed friendly company at the happenin' curved bar, and then had a romantic dinner in the dining room seated together on the comfy leather couch. Happy hour lasted all night (Wednesday), and what a great deal that was! While we dined, the front desk manager asked us how things were going so far, wished us a happy anniversary, and inquired if we'd like a room upgrade as one had become available. Wow! The room was spectacular! Glowing fireplace, huge spa tub, comfy bed, nice artwork, great view of downtown Milwaukee, and a bottle of champagne on ice and two glasses greated our entry! They have a salt water spa on the 7th floor which we never saw, as we were ensconced in the moment. Every thing you could think of was right there at your fingertips. And if you would possibly need anything that wasn't there, you would be met by the staff's courteous and ubiquitous affirmative response; "Of Course!". This place has mastered the art of customer service. So, would we recommend Hotel Metro to others, and return ourselves? Of course!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you Statwilly for your TripAdvisor review!
First, Happy Anniversary to you and yours, and for many, many more great years together!
We also thank you for writing about our Rock Star employees and how they made your night while you celebrated with us at Hotel Metro. We strive for excellent or outstanding service that you would only imagine when reserving a night(s) with us, and will make sure they all see your great comments so they know it does not go unrecognized.
We would like you to come back and take the time to visit our 7th floor Zen on Seven where the Salt Water Hot Tub/Sauna/outside sun deck and exercise room is located. The Salt Water Hot Tub will soak away any worry, fret or aches and you will be ready for another night in METRO for dinner and drinks!
Please contact one of our amazing team members, or myself, for your next reservation so that we can personally say thank you and fulfil any special requests you may have, because 'of course' we can do that just for you!
Kris Willis, General Manager

Been to Hotel Metro? Share your experiences!