“Very nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
Ottawa, Canada
“Very nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I stayed in a deluxe king room for 3 nights this February (2013). I am really impressed! and definitely recommend anyone to try this hotel out. From check-in to check-out, room service everything was very professional. I'd recommend the Metro restaurant as well.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
414Allison, General Manager at Hotel Metro, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for your great review of Hotel Metro! Our team strives for excellent customer service, and with guests like yourself that take the time to let us know when we are doing great - it keeps us motivated and excited!
We look forward to having you stay with us again while traveling to Milwaukee. Please reach out to us personally to make your reservation or place any special requests you may need.
Hoping to see you soon,

247 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located and the staff is outstanding. The rooms are clean and a good size, but it's really all about how well they take care of you. The staff could not be more accommodating. It was a lovely overnight getaway and we'll definitely be back. They were even awesome to our dog. So sweet!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
414Allison, General Manager at Hotel Metro, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you Nicole for your review! Our location in the heart of Milwaukee, is perfect for site seeing, dining, events and for shopping! When you come back, our Chef has put together a great In-Room menu for our 4-legged friends and during the summer our patio off Milwaukee Street is dog friendly! Please reach out to our Super Star staff personally before arriving on your next stay to place any special requests that you may need.
See you soon,
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I am a totally blind traveler. This was my second stay at the Hotel Metro in less than three months. I traveled with my wife, who was in Milwaukee on business and attending meetings all day. While my wife was at meetings, I spent most of my time in the hotel. Being blind, I required assistance with many things; from getting ice to adjusting the temperture of the rooms climate control (which, was not accessible,). Any time I asked for assistance the staff was friendly and very accomodating. They made me feel that it was no trouble and that it was a pleasure for them to be of help. For those of you who are sighted travelers, you probably cannot appreciate just how rare this quality of service is. I would not say that the Metro is a hotel that was designed with the blind traveler, specifically, in mind, but, the quality of the staff, from management to housekeeping, more than makes up for this. For those of you who are blind travelers, like me, all you have to do is ask any one of the staff for what you need and they will do their very best to assist you. Don't expect accessibility features to aid in mobility or orientation, beyond those found in any other first class hotel. However, you can just ask any nearby staff member or simply pick up the phone and dial "zero" to reach a very friendly and helpful staff member.

Room Tip: Ice machines are located on odd-numbered floors. The "Pure" rooms are allergen controlled...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
It was a pleasure having you stay with us, again Lloyd C from New Orleans!! I can say on behalf of the entire staff at Hotel Metro, we have enjoyed having you stay with us, while visiting and working in Milwaukee.
Please feel free to reach out to myself or any of our awesome team members at the hotel for any requests or special requirements you need before visiting again!
We look forward to seeing you and your wife, and hopefully more of that in the future!!
Hitchcock, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

This hotel is outstanding! The room was beautiful and spotless. The staff is extremely helpful and courteous. Everyone that we interacted with was service oriented, friendly, and made sure we were pleased with every aspect of our stay. Some of the staff that we interacted with were: Miguel Soto, Rooms Division Manager; Casey Connors, Guest Service Rep/Night Auditor; Clinton, Guest Service Rep; Molly and Ted, restaurant waitstaff; and many others including the valet and housekeepers. The fact that I can recall so many of their names and what they did for us during this and previous stays is testimony to their committment to quality service. We look forward to future stays at the Metro Hotel and recommend it to family, friends, colleagues, and anyone else who might ask.

Room Tip: Every room I have ever stayed in at the Hotel Metro is excellent.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Barbara B Thank you for your TripAdvisor review!! We consider your review an honor since the South is usually the one with the Great Hospitality!! Our rock star staff here is one of the best in the midwest and I will be sharing your review with all of them so, they too can see their awesome service does not go without notice!
We look forward to having you stay with us again, and thank you again for choosing Hotel Metro while visiting Milwaukee.
Montello, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at Hotel Metro. The staff was very helpful and we were very pleased with our meals when we ordered room service. The room was beautiful. The whole experience was better than we expected. We are already making plans to stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
414Allison, General Manager at Hotel Metro, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you Jennifer G for your review on TripAdvisor! We am glad that our Super Star team gave you an over-and-above experience when staying with us recently. We will pass along your comments so that we can continue to strive for excellence and it does goes noticed!

Please give us a call prior to your next travels to Milwaukee and make sure you check out a couple of our packages that include valet and vouchers to METRO our Restaurant & Lounge (room service too!), that way you get to experience it all again.

We look forward to having you stay with us again soon and keep checking our website for some new menus in March for METRO!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Gorgeous rooms, very reasonably priced and they allow pets ($25/night extra). We brought our 50-pound dog and stayed Jan. 21-23, 2013, the coldest days all season. If you're going to get stuck in one building during the most frigid days of a Wisconsin winter, make it Hotel Metro. It worked out perfectly: it was too cold to go out, so we enjoyed the room and had all our meals in the Metro Cafe downstairs. Everything we ate was perfect: mushroom ravioli, Porterhouse steak, meatloaf, chili, blueberry pancakes, country-fried steak and eggs. And the best dessert I'd had in a long time: upside-down apple pie. I ordered it both nights I was there! For a vacation when the weather worked against us, we had a surprisingly good time stuck indoors.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
414Allison, General Manager at Hotel Metro, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you Regina R for your awesome TripAdvisor review! It was our pleasure to have you stay with us as well as your beautiful dog (I believe I remember you!)! Our fantastic Chef is adding an In-Room Dog Menu so that we can offer our four-legged friends some excellent treats while traveling; so come back soon and try them out! Also as a reminder, our patio during the summer is dog friendly and we have many parks and entertainment places within blocks that also love having dogs visit!
Thank you again for being our guest during the coldest days of the year, thus far! We all look forward to having you stay with us soon, so call personally so we can get everything you need or require!
Schaumburg, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have twice stayed at this hotel, and have no complaints at all. The staff, all of them: valet, front desk, guest services, management, bartenders, waitstaff, and maintenance, are outstanding. Every interaction I had with them was positive. Not only are they courteous and accomodating, but they go above and beyond as well. The valet actually allowed my car to run outside to re-charge my dead battery, watching it while I went in for breakfast...

The room was large and clean, with fireplace, and beautiful views of the city. The salt-water jacuzzi, fitness room, and sauna were all well maintained, and so cool because they are on the roof with floor to ceiling windows with views of the cityscape.

I ate breakfast twice at the in-hotel restaurant and had dinner there once. The food was very good, and I highly recommend eating there at least once. The general atmosphere of the hotel is peaceful, friendly, and classically retro. I highly recommend this place, and will be returning just for fun in the future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you LauraS102 for your review on your recent stay at Hotel Metro! Actually 2 stays!! The entire team will be excited to read your review as we all strive for excellent guest service or the kind of service we would all expect when traveling! Please reach out to us personally when making plans to come back so we can fulfill all your needs and requests.
We look forward to having you stay with us again, soon!
Kris Willis

Been to Hotel Metro? Share your experiences!