“Beautiful rooms, delicious food, allow dogs!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Metro
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   411 East Mason Street, Milwaukee, WI 53202   |
Ranked #21 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
Chicago, Illinois
“Beautiful rooms, delicious food, allow dogs!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Gorgeous rooms, very reasonably priced and they allow pets ($25/night extra). We brought our 50-pound dog and stayed Jan. 21-23, 2013, the coldest days all season. If you're going to get stuck in one building during the most frigid days of a Wisconsin winter, make it Hotel Metro. It worked out perfectly: it was too cold to go out, so we enjoyed the room and had all our meals in the Metro Cafe downstairs. Everything we ate was perfect: mushroom ravioli, Porterhouse steak, meatloaf, chili, blueberry pancakes, country-fried steak and eggs. And the best dessert I'd had in a long time: upside-down apple pie. I ordered it both nights I was there! For a vacation when the weather worked against us, we had a surprisingly good time stuck indoors.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
414Allison, General Manager at Hotel Metro, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you Regina R for your awesome TripAdvisor review! It was our pleasure to have you stay with us as well as your beautiful dog (I believe I remember you!)! Our fantastic Chef is adding an In-Room Dog Menu so that we can offer our four-legged friends some excellent treats while traveling; so come back soon and try them out! Also as a reminder, our patio during the summer is dog friendly and we have many parks and entertainment places within blocks that also love having dogs visit!
Thank you again for being our guest during the coldest days of the year, thus far! We all look forward to having you stay with us soon, so call personally so we can get everything you need or require!
Kris Willis

250 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Schaumburg, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have twice stayed at this hotel, and have no complaints at all. The staff, all of them: valet, front desk, guest services, management, bartenders, waitstaff, and maintenance, are outstanding. Every interaction I had with them was positive. Not only are they courteous and accomodating, but they go above and beyond as well. The valet actually allowed my car to run outside to re-charge my dead battery, watching it while I went in for breakfast...

The room was large and clean, with fireplace, and beautiful views of the city. The salt-water jacuzzi, fitness room, and sauna were all well maintained, and so cool because they are on the roof with floor to ceiling windows with views of the cityscape.

I ate breakfast twice at the in-hotel restaurant and had dinner there once. The food was very good, and I highly recommend eating there at least once. The general atmosphere of the hotel is peaceful, friendly, and classically retro. I highly recommend this place, and will be returning just for fun in the future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you LauraS102 for your review on your recent stay at Hotel Metro! Actually 2 stays!! The entire team will be excited to read your review as we all strive for excellent guest service or the kind of service we would all expect when traveling! Please reach out to us personally when making plans to come back so we can fulfill all your needs and requests.
We look forward to having you stay with us again, soon!
Kris Willis
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We had a great stay at the metro. The staff was exceptionally courteous. Everyone we encountered from valet to check-in to room service greeted us with a smile. The room was clean and swanky. I loved the old time feel and was proud to support a historic building. Food was great as was service at the restaurant. Walking distance to lots of restaurants, shops, breweries and the art museum. The rooftop spa was closed but in room Jacuzzi was great. We would gladly stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
414Allison, General Manager at Hotel Metro, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Hello Debra. Thank you for taking time to write us a review in regards to your recent stay! I will be sharing your comments with our staff since we all strive to offer excellent guest service! Our building is that we are honored to be housed in is 76 years old and Hotel Metro is celebrating 15 years of service this June!! We would be honored to have you stay with us again to enjoy our Salt Water Hot Tub on the 7th floor overlooking the awesome Milwaukee skyline soon! Please call us direct so that we can assist with all your needs and we look forward to having you stay with us again. See you soon! Sincerely, Kris Willis
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I wish I had remembered to bring my swimsuit, then I could have enjoyed the saltwater pool that was open until midnight. Next year! My boyfriend treats me to a whirlpool room every New Year's Eve and it's always been wonderful. The heating unit was noisy at first, but then we didn't use it after we warmed up the room to our liking, so the room was nice and quiet after that. The hot water whirlpool was wonderful, and they give you some bath salts to add to the tub - nice! They even gave us complimentary champagne and two chocolate covered strawberries in the mini-fridge. I love the toiletries that they provide and the valet service was fast and friendly. If you happen to go in summertime, check out their beautiful rooftop garden.

Plymouth, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Great location with spectacular rooms. I was completely caught off guard by how large my room was for the price, and the atmosphere of the hotel is extremely luxurious. Beats out many other hotels that I have stayed at in Milwaukee over the years. This is a must stay hotel!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Hello Timothy. Thank you for writing your review of your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor!! We are also glad you found us! Our average size guest room is 570 square feet and all rooms include soaking tubs, stand up glass showers (which all are being remodeled now!!) self serve mini bar, 5 layeres of Eqyptian Cotton sheets, working desk and more! We have many room styles to choose from or call us direct for your next stay and we will book you your same room! Thank you again and we look forward to having you stay with us again on your travels to Milwaukee. Sincerely, Kris Willis
Waukesha Wi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Living in the burbs of Milwaukee, not often do we book a hotel there. We were going to book the Iron Horse for my husband's Christmas party at the Italian Community Center, but they would only book for 2 nights, not one. On to the best part, Hotel Metro. We came in after parking in a lot only a 1/2 block away.$10 overnight. We arrive and were greeted by a very sweet, pleasant,and efficient front desk young lady. (Can't remember her name, long, curly hair). We went up to the room, which was immaculate, with beautiful carpeting, decor, and a fabulous pillowtop bed. We are now buying that mattress for our home, it was so beyond comfortable. They drove us to the ICC in a 1982 british taxi, with a very nice man for free(don't forget to tip.) What a fun perk. Even the doorman was helpful, and nice. Staff greets you as you pass, smiles everywhere. The jacuzzi tub was a relaxing end to a great evening, after having drinks at Metro's bar/restaurant, and they have an entire list of $5 dollar martinis! Breakfast was good. They had been bombarded with people, and worked so hard to get everyone served. We will be back, love this place. A hotel with actual service. Could make this a w/e destination, where you enjoy the hotel room., and never have to leave..........

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Copenhagen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in connection with a business trip. The hotel is very well located with several great restaurants within walking distance as well as the lake for a great morning run. Ask for a room away from the street, otherwise a bit noisy. The breakfast is not the best.
The staff are all very friendly and service-minded.
I did not have a chance to visit the Zen spa/pool area.
I will be returning to this hotel next time I visit Milwaukee.

Room Tip: Pick a room facing away from the street