“If I could live here, I would!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Metro
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   411 East Mason Street, Milwaukee, WI 53202   |
Ranked #18 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
Appleton, Wisconsin, United States
“If I could live here, I would!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Over the last four months I've stayed at the Hotel Metro three times and each time I love it even more. My favorite aspect of this hotel are the eclectic room styles. Every room has it's own unique flavor. My second favorite aspect is the service. All of the employees are very friendly and willing to help, especially Mr. Miguel. :-) I also greatly appreciated the classic car that I've used on multiple occasions to get me a few places in the downtown area. It's so cool to ride around in that. Finally, location, location, location. We are surrounded by great restaurants, night life, and a refreshing walk away from the lake. If you have to stay anywhere in Milwaukee for a night or a weekend, stay at Hotel Metro!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

The hotel has a historical charm. The rooms are spacious. I had a king's suite that had a living space with the bedroom hidden behind a wall for added privacy and a spacious bathroom with a large bath tub. Staff are very courteous and friendly. They have only valet parking $25/day but it is very fast and convenient. The restaurant is also very nice and accommodating. I used to go to the restaurant and ask for a quick breakfast and they nicely provided. Excellent experience overall!

Stayed November 2012
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We stayed in a 2 room "suite". There was only one bathroom, but it was not an issue for the four of us. The lofted walls can be a bit awkward, especially if you are sharing with friends as we did. I would describe the style of the room as "antique modern". The suite was spacious and the staff was BEYOND friendly. They have the most amazing rooftop, so make sure you check it out if you stay, which you should!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed at the Metro for a weekend in Oct. Got a great special that included tickets to the MIlwaukee art museum, 1 night free parking, and a coupon for $50.00 off one of their restaurants. Plus we used a AAA discount to get even more off the room. All that helped a lot because otherwise places like the Metro are out of our budget and we never would have seen this very cool place.
All rooms are suites and are cleverly designed to make you feel like you actually have a little kitchen, living room, bedroom, and bath. The special touches, like really nice linens and jacuzzis added even more. The hotel staff, parking attendants, and cab driver were great. We had a really good meal in their restaurant on Friday (great service) and enjoyed the bar on Sat. night. We felt very spoiled the whole time we were there. And don't forget to bring a swimsuit (like we did); the spa is lovely. And the rooftop bar/garden is not to be missed.
I read the review and could see where that would be a problem, especially on the street side, although we were on the street side but 6 floors up and we didn't hear anything. We are quiet travellers and I always request the quietest room possible both when making the reservation and checking in, and I think if you do that you will be fine.
I hear they also have a great Sunday breakfast but we headed one block over to the Pfister for brunch. It's a must do just to be in that place.

Room Tip: If you want quiet ask for it; they will accomodate.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

It's 2:30 am as I'm writing this. I've been trying to sleep since midnight.. The noise from the bar and the honking car horns is unbearable. This is a nice hotel. Full of amenities and clean. The staff is efficient and attentive but if you stay here make sure you ask for a room away from the street. Maybe things will die down around 4am and I can get some sleep???? I would have given a higher rating but for the noise.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Harshaw, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Hotel Metro Milwaukee has it all! Those of you who prefer relationships with non-chain hotels will enjoy this sleek yet warm Art Deco beauty which is walking distance from the Art Museum and Cathedral Square. And the complimentary London Cab (driven by the charming and knowledgeable Manny) puts everything else within reach. As in many small hotels, the staff here is the best - very proud of their property, knowledgable about her history and amenities, and ready and able to serve.

We stayed in a standard King Suite which was comfortable and large, with a soaking tub and separate shower. I did not see the hot tub fireplace suites, but I can see this would be a great place for a special anniverasry or honeymoon The lobby is warm and inviting - the fireplace is grand on a winter day. The bar is a bit noisy. Fridays are $5 martinis and 1/2 price appetizers, but the food and drink were only so so (so so glad I didn't pay full price).

Next time I visit Milwaukee, Hotel Metro will be my GoTo place.

• Stayed November 2012
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Very nice place to stay with spacious clean rooms. Staff is extremely friendly and helpful. We were there for our anniversary and the concierge, Kathrine, added extra special touches in the room and at our dinner celebration (at a different restaurant) to make the stay extra special. Manny, the London Taxi Cab shuttle driver was very informative and always on time.

Only negative is that there was some water damage to different spots in the ceiling that could have used some cosmetic work, providing a fresher positive feeling to the room. Did have some "register banging" in the night when the heat was working. Otherwise, well appointed clean room.

Room Tip: 6th floor was very quite and closer to exercise room, zen garden and hot tub.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Metro? Share your experiences!