“Nice accommodatons” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee Downtown

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee Downtown to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   176 W Wisconsin Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53203 (Formerly Howard Johnson Milwaukee)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and Save 15%
Ranked #35 of 52 Hotels in Milwaukee
Champaign, Illinois
“Nice accommodatons”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We really liked the hotel and the staff. Our room was a little pricey, but that may have been due to Summerfest. We woke up to loud construction which was disappointing since we were hoping to sleep in.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Misty K, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Kim,

I am overjoyed to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize that the renovation crews started earlier than desired. I hope that you will give us another chance to serve your lodging needs once our renovation is complete. It would be my honor to assist you with a future reservation. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me for this or any other needs. Thank you again for your time and we look forward to serving you again!

Misty Kingsley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Came in on business, was moving to another location where conference was but for price, service, convenience, and no surprise experience, I was pleasantly surprised. Didn't expect it. They don't have all the glitter but what they do, they do right which is a nice experience these days

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Richard,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for sharing your experience with others. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, as that is our intention for all of our guests. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Milwaukee!

Longmont, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I travel often on business, and my company often puts us up in Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn and similar hotels. I like this particular hotel, as it's well situated in downtown Milwaukee, near the lake, the museums, good restaurants and pubs, etc. Their renovations are almost complete, and they've done a nice job fixing the place up.

I had a problem with my room, which required me to take a different room. The manger, Misty, was very at tentative to my needs, and walked me up to the new room to ensure it would be suitable. She also made an adjustment to my bill to make up for the hassle. This was more than I usually get at this type of establishment. I will most likely return here for a personal trip with my wife, and plan to stay here during that trip.

Room Tip: Avoid the top floor, it can get noisy.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
David,

Thank you for the kind words. It was my pleasure to assist you during your recent stay. We look forward to serving your lodging needs again!

Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I booked this hotel to attend a convention. There were other hotels available for similar prices but I CHOSE the Hampton brand because of good experiences previously. Let's start with the positive: the beds were clean and very comfortable and the breakfast area was well stocked and continually tidied. The location is very good and within walking distance of many of Milwaukee's attractions.

Now the negatives: the front desk excused problems (primarily a/c and heating) but saying it is a "historical property" and is "under renovation". That work is ongoing is evident by the beaten up walls of the elevator and the very tired rooms. We shared those same elevators with the plumbers and other workers throughout our stay. Our door lock didn't work and it took two trips to the front desk to be told that that specific lock only worked if you lifted the handle. Perhaps the front desk could have advised us of this upon check in. Our guests had to change rooms three times before they were in a room with functional a/c and heating.

My suggestion: the property should close, renovate and then re-open as a fully functioning property. It was not an inexpensive stay for a Hampton in a mid-market city. Guests were not advised of the renovation upon making a reservation. Had they been so, the guests could have selected another property in the same brand family at a similar pricepoint.

Room Tip: Call the property directly to ensure the renovations are complete. Rooms below the 4th floor as spe...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Misty K, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Clearly Loves Food,

I am sorry to hear that you did not have an exemplary stay at our hotel. I apologize on behalf of my staff for any shortcomings in informing you about the door handle to your room. It is true that we are currently renovating our guestrooms and that the contractors for the renovation use the same elevators as our guests, just as our staff do on a daily basis. Unfortunately we do not have the luxury of multiple elevators dedicated solely to staff and contractors. I understand that the condition of the room you were in may have appeared worn and tired; that is the exact reason that we are currently undergoing a renovation of our guestrooms. I am concerned that your guests were moved to multiple rooms in an attempt to find a room at comfortable temperatures. While we do have a unique and historic building, that does not keep us from providing full heating and cooling services in all guestrooms. I apologize for this shortcoming and assure you that our front desk, housekeeping and engineering teams will be receiving a refresher training course about the heating and cooling systems and how to possibly troubleshoot them. Thank you for bringing this concern to my attention and giving me the opportunity to correct this shortcoming for future guests. Thank you again for you time and we hope that you come visit us again once the renovation is complete.

Owensboro, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

My wife and I had an an absolutely wonderful stay. The staff could not have been more helpful or friendly. We also dined in the restaurant, the food was wonderful and the service was very good. If we are in the area in the future we will definitely seek out this hotel. You guys should be proud of your staff, they are excellent. These days that isn't always the case!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your kind words and your positive review. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to your next visit!

Acton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Very friendly staff greeted us, got us checked in quickly and gave good recommendations and directions to restaurants. Free breakfast was hot and hearty with lots of healthy choices. Being in the middle of downtown, we were concerned about street noise, but the hotel was very quiet.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Misty K, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Sue,

Thank you for your review and for your kind words. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again!

Lemont, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

My son graduated from Marquette University and we stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites for the weekend. It was within walking distance (about 4 blocks) of the Bradley Center and Milwaukee Theater where the general graduation and Business School Graduation was held. The hotel cost was reasonable and the staff was very courteous. I recommend staying here for MU commencement.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Tom,

Congratulations on your son's recent graduation! I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to serve your future lodging needs in Milwaukee. Thank you for your time in completing this review and for your business.

Misty Kingsley

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee Downtown? Share your experiences!