“First visit to Milwaukee” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee Downtown

You added Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee Downtown to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   176 W Wisconsin Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53203 (Formerly Howard Johnson Milwaukee)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and Save 15%
Ranked #35 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
elmore, ohio, United States
“First visit to Milwaukee”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed for the Harley Davidson 110th anniversary celebration. It was a good location with helpful and friendly staff. Parking for the motorcycle was a block away but well protected even though a little pricey.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Edward K, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear John C

I hope you enjoyed your time while visiting for the Harley 110. It was a great time shared by all. My team commented on how nice all the riders were and being able to have conversations learning on how far they drove from. We want to thank you for making our week great. We appreciate the great feedback you gave and my team will be thrilled you were happy with our service. Our focus is total guest satisfaction and my team and I work hard to insure that each and everyday. I hope your plans are to come back for the 115th in five years. Thanks again and hope we will see you soon.

Edward

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This hotel was spot on.... I have nothing but good to say about it , and the employee's!!!!
It was a very enjoyable and pleasant . The rooms were very well kept. The employee's were very helpful. The location was perfect. I definitely recommend this hotel for a wonderful stay experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Brian H

WOW!! What a great review, my team will be thrilled that you really enjoyed our service and location. My team prides themselves in being Milwaukee’s friendliest and I am glad we met those expectations. Our goal is for all of our guests to have a great experience while at our hotel. We appreciate the great comments and look forward to your return to brew city.

Chicago, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I was in town for a concert at the Riverside Theatre down the street. Extremely pleased with the Hampton - prices are in line with other hotels in the area, cleanliness is just what I'd hoped for, and the location and helpfulness of staff can't be beat. Special thanks to Dave at the front desk who handled a million different inquiries at once with aplomb. Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Edward K, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Catherine D

First let me start by saying thank you for the review. Dave will be thrilled that you felt he did stand up job. We feel the same way about Dave and how he handles the pressure of the front desk. I hope you enjoyed yourself at the concert while in town. I am glad you enjoyed our hotel and staff. My team is really good about answering questions about the city and I am glad they did that for you. Our housekeeping team really focuses on insuring a clean room and I am happy they had your room perfect. We hope you will be in the area soon so you can stay with us again.

Atkinson, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on August 15. This hotel is lovely and clean. It was very convenient to have a parking garage next door. Our room was quiet and clean. The bed was very comfortable. I liked how at checkin we received a map of all the restaurants. The location is great!! Its so close to the River walk and the shops and all the best restaurants like Mo's and RockBottom. We just love to come to Milwaukee to have a good time! We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013
Dear staceygripp

Thank you for the great review my team is thrilled that you love our hotel and location. We love that our guests get to enjoy our great hotel, great city and of course the great food and beer. Milwaukee is a fun city and our location provides people a chance to get out and explore as we are close to almost everything . Being so close to Illinois this makes for a great weekend getaway for people. I am glad we were able to serve you the way you expected and we hope you will come back and enjoy Milwaukee’s friendliest hotel again very soon.

Detroit, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Hotel was clean, location convenient, staff was friendly, efficient and helpful. The complementary breakfast was no worse or better than other Hampton Inns. I have no complaints and would stay here again.

Dear Anton C

Thanks for the review we really appreciate it. My team and I are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. My team is thrilled when they get great feedback about how they take care of our guests. They pride themselves in being efficient and friendly to each and every guest that walks through our doors. My breakfast team stays within the standards that are set by Hampton and they try to insure the quality is great for our guests. Our hot menu selections rotate daily so we can provide a variety of offering to our guests who stay multiple nights. I am glad you would stay with our hotel again if your travels bring you back. We hope we will see you very soon.

Niagara Falls, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

An overall wonderful stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites. Nice, clean rooms and it's great to have free breakfast and internet access. Hotel is close to most everything you need to get to. The staff make this hotel EXCELLENT! Thank you for a great experience.

Dear Christa B

Thank you for your kind words, my team will be thrilled that you felt the service they gave made you experience Excellent. Our team prides ourselves in being Milwaukee’s friendliest and I am glad we met those expectations. Our hotel is centrally located in the heart of the city so you can walk to almost everything you want to do during your trip. The Hampton breakfast offers a great variety and great quality to our guests so I am glad you enjoyed that as well. We hope you choose our great hotel again if your travels bring you back to Brew City.

Cedar Rapids, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

This hotel has a great location to all downtown travel, within walking distance of convention center, the riverwalk area and restaurants. Clean rooms, friendly staff. Walls are a bit thin so would hear hall noise.

Dear Angela V

Thank you for your review of our hotel. My team and I are thrilled you were happy with your stay and our service. Our goal is to be Milwaukee’s friendliest hotel and my staff strives for that each and everyday. Our location provides so much as we are in the heart of the city and we are close to almost everything you want to experience in the city. I hope you had time to enjoy our great restaurants and other attractions while in town. I wanted to apologize for the noise you encountered during you stay and let you know my team and I are always looking for ways to control noise. We hope you will choose our hotel again when you travel back to our area.

Edward

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee Downtown? Share your experiences!