“Great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee Downtown

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee Downtown to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   176 W Wisconsin Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53203 (Formerly Howard Johnson Milwaukee)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and Save 15%
Ranked #35 of 52 Hotels in Milwaukee
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Nice place, comfortable rooms and great location. Staff was very friendly and helpful! Slept great and with a free breakfast it is was a great stay! Staff gave us great directions on how to get to a Milwaukee Brewers game via a shuttle from a restaurant nearby.

Room Tip: There is a bus stop right outside but most of the places we went were within walking distance.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Courtney F, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you so much for your fantastic review on our hotel! I am so pleased that our staff were able to get you on your way. We take great pride in our staff, and I am so happy their helpfulness made your stay great! We would be honored if you would come stay with us again; so we can continue to provide you with exceptional service!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Milwaukee, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I was very impressed with the selection and hot breakfast in the morning! The rooms were a great size, very clean. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. There is a great pub with live music close by and a mall for some shopping.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Courtney F, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thank you so much for your review on our hotel. I am so pleased that you enjoyed breakfast. This is an amenity that our guests really look forward to, and we are always happy when we can help to start your day with great service. We are so lucky to have a great relationship with Mo's Irish Pub, and many of our guests enjoy the fun atmosphere that they provide. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to see you again soon!
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We recently stayed at the Hampton Inn and our room was so small. There were 2 lamps to light the room. Made for a dark room. Our window faced the alley that blocked any light that might have come in that way. The pool was closed for the majority of time that we were there so our two 9 year olds were left with little to do but video game. You can only spend so much time walking around downtown Milwaukee. Especially with the Grand Avenue Mall being so awful! The staff was very kind and helpful. That was definitely the high point. Their breakfast was so-so. We had to sit to eat it in a meeting room that was used for storing stuff or maybe it was being renovated, I'm not sure. Definitely would not stay there again. It is centrally located to the Museum and the BMO Bradley Center but we would choose another hotel next time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Courtney F, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Hello, and I want to thank you for your feedback on your stay with us. I am sorry that the lighting in your room was not as bright as you may have hoped for. We do have rooms with larger windows and views of Wisconsin Avenue. If you would choose to stay with us in the future, we would be happy to try to provide you with a more accommodating room.

We know that the Grand Avenue Mall is not equipped with as many stores as larger malls. Although we appreciate its historical footprint on our city, many of our guests enjoy the malls at Bayshore and Mayfair which are both short drives from the downtown area. They are also accessible by public transportation.

I am so sorry that the pool was closed due to an unexpected maintenance repair during your stay. I understand that it is incredibly inconvenient when mechanical issues happen, and I know that kids really look forward to swimming at a hotel. The repair is now fixed and the pool is up and running.

I am very pleased that you found our staff to be helpful and friendly. Friendly service is so important when you are away for a weekend, and I am glad that you saw this to be an important highlight of your trip. I understand that there were a couple of setbacks during your stay, but I sincerely hope you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations in the future.
ISTANBUL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I stayed there for an overnight stay and it was what you expect from a Hampton Inn. They met my early check in and late check out request which was nice. Continental breakfast was so good. Overall it is right in the middle of downtown and great location to the attractions.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
LaPorte, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I turned the heater on upon arrival, left for the brewers game came back and heard a innoying clicking noise.. I turned the heater off and it still did it, I was like ok well try cool... Still did it. Then I went to the front desk complained the worker said ugh try turning it off. So I did still did it.. Then the maintance man came boy was he help. He did nothing. They never offered to switch me rooms the noise went on till 4 AM!! My kids slept threw the noise I would of left I couldn't sleep I was so miserable I was crying! I talked to the front desk in the morning she said she was going to reimburse my stay. I got my room on hotwire for a good deal and boy did I pay for it. I don't care about the refund, All I wanted was some sleep before I drove home. Everything else upsetted me too I had to pay to park for a hotel I was staying at...That is messed up. I am done with hotwire after this happened. I think hotels give you the worst room when you book threw them! The beds need replaced on the 6th floor, those beds are worn out!I rated the service number one only because the day shift refunded my money otherwise everything would of been a F I should of been moved right away!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Courtney F, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Thank you so much for your recent review. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I understand that you had some issues that inconvenienced you during your stay. I am so sorry that your heating unit was not working properly and that you were inconvenienced by the constant clicking noise. Our main concern is for the comfort of our guests and I sincerely apologize that we were not able to provide this for you. I do thank you for bringing it up to my attention so that I can follow-up with our maintenance crew to fix this. Your business and satisfactions is extremely important to us and I assure you that we will definitely take your comments into consideration to improve our hotel.

Again, I thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel and I do hope that if you are ever in town, you consider staying with us.
Green Bay, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We choose this hotel for 3 reasons, location, pool and price. The front desk help ladies were wonderful from the time we checked in till the time we left. My son had antibiotics that needed to be refrigerated, I called the front lobby to see if I could keep the meds down in their fridge and they immediately sent up a mini fridge to our room. Phil who helped direct breakfast was exceptional, I thought he went above and beyond to make sure everyone had what they needed and make it a good experience for everyone. He was so helpful with clearing our garbage and cleaning the tables. I felt terrible when my son's cereal milk spilled all over his shoes. sorry Phil. The parking was super close and cheap for downtown. The pool is small but our kids loved it, it was the only hotel downtown with a pool, in our price range. The location was perfect. We have 2 children and walked everywhere. We walked to the Milwaukee Public Museum, Rudy's Mexican Restaurant, The Bradley Center and also Rock Bottom Restaurant and Bar. The lobby decor is very modern and always clean. Our room was fine, nothing special but above adequate. Our only complaints were that one elevator was not working and the other seemed so slow, so we ended up taking the stairs often. Also the chemicals were off on the pool, so it was closed for a few hours on Saturday afternoon, which was a major bummer for our boys.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Peshtigo, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Upon arrival we were greeted by one of the most genuinely nice front desk help I have ever dealt with. We had a small problem with a telephone in our room, which was promptly taken care of. Hotel staff was all exceptional, helpful and friendly. Great customer service skills. Everyone seemed to truly enjoy their job. Hotel was neat and clean. Pool area was very clean, the only negative was the hot tub is a little deep if you are a shorter person. Breakfast was phenomenal for being complimentary. Great experience!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee Downtown? Share your experiences!