“Nice place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee Downtown

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee Downtown to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   176 W Wisconsin Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53203 (Formerly Howard Johnson Milwaukee)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and Save 15%
Ranked #30 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
ISTANBUL
“Nice place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I stayed there for an overnight stay and it was what you expect from a Hampton Inn. They met my early check in and late check out request which was nice. Continental breakfast was so good. Overall it is right in the middle of downtown and great location to the attractions.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

336 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
LaPorte, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I turned the heater on upon arrival, left for the brewers game came back and heard a innoying clicking noise.. I turned the heater off and it still did it, I was like ok well try cool... Still did it. Then I went to the front desk complained the worker said ugh try turning it off. So I did still did it.. Then the maintance man came boy was he help. He did nothing. They never offered to switch me rooms the noise went on till 4 AM!! My kids slept threw the noise I would of left I couldn't sleep I was so miserable I was crying! I talked to the front desk in the morning she said she was going to reimburse my stay. I got my room on hotwire for a good deal and boy did I pay for it. I don't care about the refund, All I wanted was some sleep before I drove home. Everything else upsetted me too I had to pay to park for a hotel I was staying at...That is messed up. I am done with hotwire after this happened. I think hotels give you the worst room when you book threw them! The beds need replaced on the 6th floor, those beds are worn out!I rated the service number one only because the day shift refunded my money otherwise everything would of been a F I should of been moved right away!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Courtney F, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Thank you so much for your recent review. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I understand that you had some issues that inconvenienced you during your stay. I am so sorry that your heating unit was not working properly and that you were inconvenienced by the constant clicking noise. Our main concern is for the comfort of our guests and I sincerely apologize that we were not able to provide this for you. I do thank you for bringing it up to my attention so that I can follow-up with our maintenance crew to fix this. Your business and satisfactions is extremely important to us and I assure you that we will definitely take your comments into consideration to improve our hotel.

Again, I thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel and I do hope that if you are ever in town, you consider staying with us.
Green Bay, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We choose this hotel for 3 reasons, location, pool and price. The front desk help ladies were wonderful from the time we checked in till the time we left. My son had antibiotics that needed to be refrigerated, I called the front lobby to see if I could keep the meds down in their fridge and they immediately sent up a mini fridge to our room. Phil who helped direct breakfast was exceptional, I thought he went above and beyond to make sure everyone had what they needed and make it a good experience for everyone. He was so helpful with clearing our garbage and cleaning the tables. I felt terrible when my son's cereal milk spilled all over his shoes. sorry Phil. The parking was super close and cheap for downtown. The pool is small but our kids loved it, it was the only hotel downtown with a pool, in our price range. The location was perfect. We have 2 children and walked everywhere. We walked to the Milwaukee Public Museum, Rudy's Mexican Restaurant, The Bradley Center and also Rock Bottom Restaurant and Bar. The lobby decor is very modern and always clean. Our room was fine, nothing special but above adequate. Our only complaints were that one elevator was not working and the other seemed so slow, so we ended up taking the stairs often. Also the chemicals were off on the pool, so it was closed for a few hours on Saturday afternoon, which was a major bummer for our boys.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Peshtigo, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Upon arrival we were greeted by one of the most genuinely nice front desk help I have ever dealt with. We had a small problem with a telephone in our room, which was promptly taken care of. Hotel staff was all exceptional, helpful and friendly. Great customer service skills. Everyone seemed to truly enjoy their job. Hotel was neat and clean. Pool area was very clean, the only negative was the hot tub is a little deep if you are a shorter person. Breakfast was phenomenal for being complimentary. Great experience!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Stow, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Consistent Hampton quality. Rooms definitely on smaller size but expected when staying downtown. Dave, the manager in the evening was very personable & helpful. Parking was easy in the garage with quick access to the hotel. Cost is extra but reasonable. Fitness center is new,small & adequate,but the 2 large TVs were not working & we had difficulty getting access with our key cards necessitating going to to the front desk. We were able to walk to a restaurant close by for dinner, several options.

• Stayed March 2013
Marina Del Rey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We booked this hotel over another nearby specifically so that my son could jump in the pool at the end of a long day of driving. When we arrived, we were informed that the pool was closed for "routine planned maintenance." If this were planned, it should have been made known on the website at the time of booking so that we had the option to choose another hotel. The hotel space is recently renovated and clean. However, we were given a room on a floor that is currently undergoing renovation of the interior hallways. The workers arrived before 7am in the morning and proceeded to yell up and down the hallways between their work areas. It's understandable that guests may need to be assigned to rooms in areas of ongoing renovation, but the timing of the work should be more reasonable, and workers should be counseled on common courtesy where guests are staying.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Courtney F, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. While we are very happy that you chose our hotel for your recent stay, we are sorry that you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay with us.

I truly apologize if you were disappointed that our pool was closed due to maintenance issues and if you were inconvenienced by any of our ongoing renovations. Our main concern is for all our guests to experience an exceptional stay and I sincerely apologize if we were not able to deliver this for you. Our guests’ satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. With this said, I will assure you that I will take your comments into consideration to improve our hotel.

Please accept our sincere apologies and we hope that next time you are in town; you consider staying with us again.
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We were here 2 nights and really enjoyed being able to walk around downtown, out for dinner, to the theater, to Marquette, to the Third Ward. The parking garage is connected to the hotel, so you can go directly from one to the other, which is very convenient. The hotel itself was great: clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. Quite a breakfast spread. Coffee and ice water are available in the lobby at all hours. The only negative was the heater for the room: odd controls and very noisy. Other than that, everything was terrific, and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Courtney F, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback. I am so pleased that you enjoyed so many of the great amenities of our hotel. The location is incredibly convenient and many of our guests are able to fully enjoy what downtown Milwaukee has to offer. We pride ourselves on having a staff that is full of "Hamptonality," and I am so glad that they were able to enhance your stay. Many of our guests enjoy the complimentary breakfast, and there is always something there for everyone. Again, I am so pleased that you had a pleasant stay, and we hope to see you again soon!

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee Downtown? Share your experiences!