“A hotel that lacks attention to detail. Budget chains are better than what you would expect from a Radisson!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Hotel Milwaukee North Shore

Enjoy Savings of 20%
Ranked #36 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
Surbiton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Ok, where do I start? I think it would be better to just list the Good points and the bad points. Lets start on the bad points:

1. Maintenance: Our room had two light bulbs out. These weren't checked before we checked into the room, its simple things like this, where you the traveller have to constantly ask for things to be done, that make you feel unhappy.
2. Gym: Two pieces of gym equipment were not working, a treadmill that consistently beeped, and an elliptical cross trainer that was broken. Some days you'd go into the gym there would be towels on the floor, cups, trash. The water machine would be empty... again, it's a lack of attention to detail.
3. Housekeeping: Housekeeping was generally poor. Bins not emptied, room not cleaned some days, cleaning products left in our room, toilet rolls not replaced, bed just pulled over - not even straightened up, room not cleaned till later when we were out all day! We talked to the manager, and had a couple of good days but still had issues such as the tray with the coffee machine not cleaned, coffee and sugar not replaced. Also, housekeeping should know if two people are in a room, so perhaps it would be courteous for double the coffee/tea amenities to be left rather than just one?
4. Room: The sleep number bed was rubbish. Personally, I think these should all be replaced with traditional mattresses. Our's didn't work properly and deflated during the night. The room was dark and dingy without much light. The sofa in our room had stains on it, was dirty. I've seen reviews saying they were renovating the hotel but I failed to see that.
5. Pool: Pool is more for children than adults, its not a pool you could do a morning swim in.

Good points:

1. Staff: Generally the staff were really friendly and nice. The reality is, that you get fed up of having to constantly go to the front desk to ask for things done, or make complaints.
2. Free Parking and Good WiFi.

Sadly, there is a complete lack of attention to detail. It's a shame, because when you book a hotel in a chain such as the Radisson you expect a particular level of service. Here, I've had better experiences with some budget chains, far better with some like Premier Inn in the UK. I'd not chose this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Radisson Hotel Milwaukee North Shore, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are glad you were able to take advantage of the free parking and good wife. We take pride in our “Yes I Can!” culture and do apologize that you did not receive this level of service. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments, so we can continually improve our services. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Chicago, IL, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at the Radisson Milwaukee North Shore for three nights per week for 17 months ending May 2014. I always found the beds to be very comfortable, and the breakfast buffet to be generous. I commend Jessie Williams, who runs the front desk, for always being exceptionally accommodating and professional. During my many stays, he always assured that the reservations that I made through the Club Carlson website were properly booked in the Radisson Milwaukee North Shore system, even when I sometimes booked on a Monday afternoon for a Monday through Thursday stay. December 5, 2014, I booked a one night stay, with my wife, using my Club Carlson points. We were in town to visit our son who is now a UWM student. Even though I had not stayed there for months, Jessie recognized me and graciously greeted me by name.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Kansas City, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The first time I stayed here it was excellent, stay was great, service was great, the sleep number bed worked and everything seemed clean. The last 2 stays have been horrid. This last stay over thanksgiving was booked with points because this place has a great redemption rate and the prices are always fair here. I was upgraded to a junior suite which was great, when we got into the room was where the trouble began. We had no heat in the room, i let the heat run for about a half hour before i called someone, then it became so hot in there because the heat wouldn't shut off we had to open a window in the freezing cold temps. It was myself and my two kids age 2 and 4. There was tile that was cracked, i was afraid of them cutting themselves on the tile so i put down a towel so they wouldn't touch the cracked tile. The sleep number bed also did not work so the bed was super uncomfortable. Luckily we were here visiting family so we didn't have to use the room that much. The carpet looked very worn and drity. Also, i don't like how the pool area at night is not very well lit. It makes the hotel kind of creepy.

I'm offically done with this hotel unless it is completely upgraded.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
CarlsonRezidor, Online Support Specialist at Radisson Hotel Milwaukee North Shore, responded to this review, 1 week ago
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel and your room during your stay. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future.
saint louis, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We have a family of 6 and when we made the reservation they knew this. We were put into a suite which had a king bed and a pull out couch, and 1 roll away was allowed. We had an extra child and our options were the floor (yuck...in a hotel) or our bed, which is what we did...not a good night sleep. They brought us only 2 extra pillows (all that was allowed they said), giving 2 children no pillows (we had extras "snuck to us by an employee) Then next day we moved to two rooms connecting, much better and compensated, which is to be expected and appreciated. The beds are sleep number beds and the "remotes" for them did not work consistantly so this was a problem. The temperature in the bathroom was about 33 degrees and the bedroom we had no control over the temperature...either HOT or nothing. There was no hot tub, as the website said. The nighttime staff were less than helpful, however the daytime management were quite helpful.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Care at Radisson Hotel Milwaukee North Shore, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
We're so glad to hear that the daytime staff was able to get you extra pillows and help you change rooms for the rest of your stay! We completely understand why a family of 6 would need the additional consideration, and we sincerely apologize if we were unprepared for your arrival!
Milwaukee, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I booked our hotel stay 3 weeks in advance to ensure the best rate and to be prepared. I called the actual hotel 3 times before check in. I booked for 2 adults and 6 children for my son and his friends to have a birthday sleepover. In order not to inconvenience other guests I did the actual party at home and figured they could swim in the morning. Upon checking in, there was a note on the desk that the pool would be closed until 10:30am the following morning and would not be open before then. An associate informed me that a manager of the hotel was getting married and therefore it was not released to guests and was not posted on their website. Our check-out was going to be 10:45 anyways so therefore my party only got to swim for an hour. I told the manager I was very upset about this matter and he told me he'd like to invite me and the same 6 children to the hotel so he could make it right. He simply asked that I email them the date a few weeks in advance. A few days later, I emailed the date (3 weeks out) and was told by his associate that I was going to be given a reduced rate of $69. I informed the associate that was not what I was told. I called the manager the next day and he stated " I never said that," and offered HIS employee rate of $49. Well, at this point he's basically saying I lied and to be honest, I do not want to ever ever go back to this hotel again. Thanks but NO THANKS! Any hotel who inconveniences their guests for their own manager to have a private event is just selfish and rude. Any manager who speaks to a customer basically saying their a liar is condescending.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Radisson Hotel Milwaukee North Shore, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We take pride in our “Yes I Can!” culture and do apologize that you did not receive this level of service during your stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments, so we can continually improve our services.
Buffalo Grove
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We came for swim meet and were disappointed with quality of hotel, room and restaurant. The room smelled musty. Sheets had stains on them. Thin walls and noisy. And adjacent restaurant was disgusting.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel and your room, including the musty smell, sheets, and noise issues. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Radisson standards.
Milwaukee, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The room I was given had a noticeable water stain on the ceiling and the bed was not the sleepnumber advertised. I requested a new room. I was given a handicapped accessible room. I am not handicapped. The desk clerk said they were changing out the beds.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the condition of your room, including the ceiling and lack of sleep number bed. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Radisson standards.

Been to Radisson Hotel Milwaukee North Shore? Share your experiences!