Ok, where do I start? I think it would be better to just list the Good points and the bad points. Lets start on the bad points:
1. Maintenance: Our room had two light bulbs out. These weren't checked before we checked into the room, its simple things like this, where you the traveller have to constantly ask for things to be done, that make you feel unhappy.
2. Gym: Two pieces of gym equipment were not working, a treadmill that consistently beeped, and an elliptical cross trainer that was broken. Some days you'd go into the gym there would be towels on the floor, cups, trash. The water machine would be empty... again, it's a lack of attention to detail.
3. Housekeeping: Housekeeping was generally poor. Bins not emptied, room not cleaned some days, cleaning products left in our room, toilet rolls not replaced, bed just pulled over - not even straightened up, room not cleaned till later when we were out all day! We talked to the manager, and had a couple of good days but still had issues such as the tray with the coffee machine not cleaned, coffee and sugar not replaced. Also, housekeeping should know if two people are in a room, so perhaps it would be courteous for double the coffee/tea amenities to be left rather than just one?
4. Room: The sleep number bed was rubbish. Personally, I think these should all be replaced with traditional mattresses. Our's didn't work properly and deflated during the night. The room was dark and dingy without much light. The sofa in our room had stains on it, was dirty. I've seen reviews saying they were renovating the hotel but I failed to see that.
5. Pool: Pool is more for children than adults, its not a pool you could do a morning swim in.
1. Staff: Generally the staff were really friendly and nice. The reality is, that you get fed up of having to constantly go to the front desk to ask for things done, or make complaints.
2. Free Parking and Good WiFi.
Sadly, there is a complete lack of attention to detail. It's a shame, because when you book a hotel in a chain such as the Radisson you expect a particular level of service. Here, I've had better experiences with some budget chains, far better with some like Premier Inn in the UK. I'd not chose this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recently renovated in 2014, this three-story Suburban Hotel is located in the North Shore area, 10 miles from downtown, 15 miles from General Mitchell Airport and minutes from Lake Michigan. Spacious guest rooms,with complimentary hi speed Internet, onsite restaurant, lounge, fitness center, game room and indoor pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Radisson Hotel Milwaukee North Shore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Milwaukee
- Milwaukee Radisson