“Never EVER again” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
Milwaukee, United States
“Never EVER again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I booked our hotel stay 3 weeks in advance to ensure the best rate and to be prepared. I called the actual hotel 3 times before check in. I booked for 2 adults and 6 children for my son and his friends to have a birthday sleepover. In order not to inconvenience other guests I did the actual party at home and figured they could swim in the morning. Upon checking in, there was a note on the desk that the pool would be closed until 10:30am the following morning and would not be open before then. An associate informed me that a manager of the hotel was getting married and therefore it was not released to guests and was not posted on their website. Our check-out was going to be 10:45 anyways so therefore my party only got to swim for an hour. I told the manager I was very upset about this matter and he told me he'd like to invite me and the same 6 children to the hotel so he could make it right. He simply asked that I email them the date a few weeks in advance. A few days later, I emailed the date (3 weeks out) and was told by his associate that I was going to be given a reduced rate of $69. I informed the associate that was not what I was told. I called the manager the next day and he stated " I never said that," and offered HIS employee rate of $49. Well, at this point he's basically saying I lied and to be honest, I do not want to ever ever go back to this hotel again. Thanks but NO THANKS! Any hotel who inconveniences their guests for their own manager to have a private event is just selfish and rude. Any manager who speaks to a customer basically saying their a liar is condescending.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Buffalo Grove
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We came for swim meet and were disappointed with quality of hotel, room and restaurant. The room smelled musty. Sheets had stains on them. Thin walls and noisy. And adjacent restaurant was disgusting.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Milwaukee, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The room I was given had a noticeable water stain on the ceiling and the bed was not the sleepnumber advertised. I requested a new room. I was given a handicapped accessible room. I am not handicapped. The desk clerk said they were changing out the beds.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Eden Prairie, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The sleep number best made up for HVAC issues in our room. The heater had a mind of its own and the room was close to 80 degrees or higher when we checked in. I called the front desk and a very pleasant maintenance employee came within minutes to try and fix the issue. We thought by turning the temperature down and putting the system in "auto", we would be OK in 6 hours. The room was still hot when we returned later in the evening. Turn the system "Off" and open the windows. We were able to cool the room down and get some sleep (on fabulous Sleep Number beds - I am a 35). I closed the window @ 3:30 AM. The heater was still putting out enough heat (in the off position) to dry my shoes after 4 hours on a very wet pool deck.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I was happy we could find good parking for check in. When we checked in the lady was soo friendly and helped us with everything we needed. Once we got to our room we realized our room (king bed) came with a sleep number bed so we got a very good night sleep, it was a great surprise. The hotel was very close to restaurants and the mall. Overall good stay!

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Kalamazoo, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The staff at this hotel is the best. I like that no matter where you are in the hotel someone will always greet you and welcome you to the hotel. I very much enjoyed my stay. The rooms are clean and fresh. The food was very good I enjoy sitting in the dining room and relaxing in the evening. The breakfast buffet was great in the AM. I will defiantly come back to this hotel.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Indianapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel is located at exit 80 off I-43 just north of Milwaukee. It has a restaurant within the hotel, do you don't need to go anywhere to eat. They were doing some remodeling but that section was blocked off. Very good value. The sleep control bed was beyond comfortable. The only thing was housekeeping knocking on my door (8:45am) before my wake up call. I arrived late the night before. Not sure why they would do that. However, this is a great property. Stay here and feel rested.

• Stayed November 2014

Been to Radisson Hotel Milwaukee North Shore? Share your experiences!