“One thing after another” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Summer Savings of 20%
Ranked #36 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
Lancaster, Wisconsin
“One thing after another”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I stayed at this hotel because it was near my training location. I checked in gave them my tax exempt information and headed to my room. After awhile my room was very cold so I opened the patio door in the hopes of warming up my room. At this point, I realized my patio door did not lock. I did not feel comfortable staying by myself in a room on the second floor with a patio door that did not lock. I went to get another room and was given a handicap room. The room was fine until I went to take a shower the next day. The shower was like taking a shower in my travel trailer camper, the water pressure was awful.

I then headed to breakfast. I booked my hotel by calling the hotel itself. When I got my confirmation it said I got a free breakfast. I asked where to go and headed to the restaurant. I went to the buffet and found very little eggs or hash browns (I think I had a small spoonful) and grabbed a few sausages. Shortly after this I was given a bill. I did not have time to deal with this so in the afternoon I talked to the hotel and they were confused as to why I got a free breakfast and asked me how I booked it. I told them I called their hotel. They gave me a card for a free meal but told them I would rather have the meal taken off my bill. I did not near anywhere near the price of $10.95. I have been told they did do this.

I checked out the next day, never received a bill. I found out later that they did not take the taxes off my room and I had to call them 2 more times to get this taken care of. I called the next week and was told to leave a message for the party. I did and a week went by with no phone call. I called back and again was sent to a voicemail. I called back and told them I did not want to leave a message on a voicemail because I tried that once and nothing happened. I then talked to a party who told me that since I had other issues besides this he gave the info to the manager. He figured it was best that I talk to the manager so all my issues could be resolved. I appreciated his honestly but was upset to hear the manager made no effort to call me.

I am not one to complain but my experience here was awful. I will not stay here again, there are to many hotels in Milwaukee, so I would rather try my chances at another hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

68 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Appleton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

this hotel is very close to the mall, excellent staff, great food, rooms were excellent. If you have a problem, they make it right. This hotel has a wonderful bar that serves food as well as a dining room. Jason, the bartender was fantastic.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I stayed here for one night on a business trip. It is an older hotel. It had a lot if people hanging around in the halls - not bad - just a lot of places to hang and talk. I passed a room that had been converted to a game room. There is a large open air room that seemed out of place. Rooms have been upgraded and are large.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
BayPoint, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

help was a group I belong to, called the Teen Lounge Westsiders held a 50th Reunion at at the Radisson Hotel Milwaukee North Shore on August 22, 2014. I attended this event, and traveled from California. This hotel provided such excellent service, and I had a wonderful experience because of their hospitality. This reunion included a dinner and the hotel provided a delicious meal, including appetizers, carving station (roast beef) . pasta, and dessert. The staff serving the meal were so attentive and friendly as well as helpful, which was very appreciated. In particular there was an employee whose name is Diane and she went out of her way to provide extra service to us. I would like to thank her very much.I hope I am able to return to this hotel on a future trip to the area.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Toledo, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I stayed here for several nights as part of a company event. The property has some nice attributes, but really desperately needs a refresh, or at minimum some serious TLC.

Some observations about my stay:

- Front desk personnel were very friendly and professional, they definitely were doing a good job I thought with helping guests check in and find local attractions.

- The property is very well located near a grocery, local dining, and a nice shopping area that includes a great steak / seafood place plus a cheesecake factory.

- Rooms include sleep number beds, which are wonderful. Wish more properties had them.

- Hotel offers shuttle service to local airport, and will pick up / drop at area restaurants / businesses.

- Good selection of television stations and decent internet connectivity.

The not so good about this property:

- Temperature controls in the room seem pretty random - mine had two temps, freezing and muggy.

- My room looked tired. Lighting was marginal at best. There were at least three spots on the room walls where they had been patched with plaster, but not repainted, the largest of which was the side of my hand with extended fingers.

- Water pressure in the shower was not that good, but that compensated for the slow drain.

- I did not get a good feel about the cleaning in the rooms. After my first shower, I noticed dark spots on flat surfaces around the tub, figured out that it was lint that had clustered together when it got wet. A colleague in another room found a 1" long bug crawling across her white sheets.

I think at minimum management needs to have a handyman go room to room and inspect / fix simple things like damaged paint, carpet that is coming loose, etc. Hallways and common spaces look OK, but the rooms just don't. It really wouldn't take a whole lot to get the property at least to a decent level, just some basic fixup and repairs. Still, it would benefit tremendously from a more in depth remodel at some point in the not distant future.

One final thought, the parking is somewhat worrisome. Lighting isn't the best in places, although I didn't have any problems, I also made a point of pulling anything of value from my car when I parked.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms in the atrium / pool area unless you enjoy the smell of chlorine or have small children...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Bethesda, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

While staying at the hotel I dined in the hotel restaurant. The food was excellent as well as the service. My waitress Lydia was very helpful and friendly. She as very familiar with menu. I would dine there again and dine there if I lived in Milwaukee.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Noblesville, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Soccer tournament in Milwaukee. Hotel was recommended by tournament director. Obviously, the tournament director did not visit the hotel. The rooms were dirty and damp and had a odor. Some of the rooms did not have air conditioning and others were too cold. The rooms for two families were provided at no charge given the condition of the rooms. Choose another hotel!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Jason_M2821, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Milwaukee North Shore, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Radisson standards

Been to Radisson Hotel Milwaukee North Shore? Share your experiences!