“Radisson held an Event-Teen Lounge Reunion August 22, 2014” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Summer Savings of 20%
Ranked #36 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
BayPoint, California
“Radisson held an Event-Teen Lounge Reunion August 22, 2014”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

help was a group I belong to, called the Teen Lounge Westsiders held a 50th Reunion at at the Radisson Hotel Milwaukee North Shore on August 22, 2014. I attended this event, and traveled from California. This hotel provided such excellent service, and I had a wonderful experience because of their hospitality. This reunion included a dinner and the hotel provided a delicious meal, including appetizers, carving station (roast beef) . pasta, and dessert. The staff serving the meal were so attentive and friendly as well as helpful, which was very appreciated. In particular there was an employee whose name is Diane and she went out of her way to provide extra service to us. I would like to thank her very much.I hope I am able to return to this hotel on a future trip to the area.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

64 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Toledo, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I stayed here for several nights as part of a company event. The property has some nice attributes, but really desperately needs a refresh, or at minimum some serious TLC.

Some observations about my stay:

- Front desk personnel were very friendly and professional, they definitely were doing a good job I thought with helping guests check in and find local attractions.

- The property is very well located near a grocery, local dining, and a nice shopping area that includes a great steak / seafood place plus a cheesecake factory.

- Rooms include sleep number beds, which are wonderful. Wish more properties had them.

- Hotel offers shuttle service to local airport, and will pick up / drop at area restaurants / businesses.

- Good selection of television stations and decent internet connectivity.

The not so good about this property:

- Temperature controls in the room seem pretty random - mine had two temps, freezing and muggy.

- My room looked tired. Lighting was marginal at best. There were at least three spots on the room walls where they had been patched with plaster, but not repainted, the largest of which was the side of my hand with extended fingers.

- Water pressure in the shower was not that good, but that compensated for the slow drain.

- I did not get a good feel about the cleaning in the rooms. After my first shower, I noticed dark spots on flat surfaces around the tub, figured out that it was lint that had clustered together when it got wet. A colleague in another room found a 1" long bug crawling across her white sheets.

I think at minimum management needs to have a handyman go room to room and inspect / fix simple things like damaged paint, carpet that is coming loose, etc. Hallways and common spaces look OK, but the rooms just don't. It really wouldn't take a whole lot to get the property at least to a decent level, just some basic fixup and repairs. Still, it would benefit tremendously from a more in depth remodel at some point in the not distant future.

One final thought, the parking is somewhat worrisome. Lighting isn't the best in places, although I didn't have any problems, I also made a point of pulling anything of value from my car when I parked.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms in the atrium / pool area unless you enjoy the smell of chlorine or have small children...
Bethesda, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

While staying at the hotel I dined in the hotel restaurant. The food was excellent as well as the service. My waitress Lydia was very helpful and friendly. She as very familiar with menu. I would dine there again and dine there if I lived in Milwaukee.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Noblesville, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Soccer tournament in Milwaukee. Hotel was recommended by tournament director. Obviously, the tournament director did not visit the hotel. The rooms were dirty and damp and had a odor. Some of the rooms did not have air conditioning and others were too cold. The rooms for two families were provided at no charge given the condition of the rooms. Choose another hotel!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Jason_M2821, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Milwaukee North Shore, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Radisson standards
Fort Dodge, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This hotel had its good points and bad points. Good points, comfortable bed, clean room, quite Bad points, the bathroom-the water during a shower was backed up, it took for 3-4 hours for the shower water to drain out. (4-5 inches of water backed up) There was water backed up when my husband went to take a shower at 6 am (4 inches of water backed up) This was a non-smoking room, there was a faint smell of cigarette smoke which lingered in the bathroom, especially the shower curtains. There is no type of breakfast available. There was no upgrade available or checked into by the hotel clerk.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you did not receive the level of service we strive to provide each guest. We take the time to listen to comments such as yours, so we can continually improve our services. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Richmond, VA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I arrived at this hotel two days removed from receiving food poisoning in Green Bay. I had not eaten for two full days. Upon arrival I called the downstairs restaurant and asked what soup they had that evening. I was hoping some kind of chicken noodle soup since I had no real appetite but knew I needed to eat something easy on the stomach. They did not but when I mentioned to Lydia, head waitress/hostess, that I had been ill, she took it upon herself to ask Chef Greg Davis if he might be able to make me something other than that night's soup of the day. He eagerly accepted that challenge and whipped up a delicious, homemade chicken noodle soup from scratch just for me! This was such a caring and unexpected gesture! I will always be so grateful for their actions that night and only hope the hotel appreciates these two wonderful and talented employees as much as I now do. Had it not been for their thoughtfulness, I probably would have gone to bed without eating that night. Bravo Lydia and Greg, I salute you both! The hotel was nice and quiet, too.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I really enjoyed my stay at the Radisson, especially the warm staff who all left such a nice impression on me that when I decided to write this review, I am surprised with the one or two bad reviews. I had no such experience! I don't see it indicative of the property at all! So my comments are both on what a warm, friendly staff this hotel has - front desk people were great and staff walking around were helpful and polite - plus my good room condition. I had ZERO problems - good room with working AC, had clean bed and bathroom, and offered me a quiet stay. I would recommend it for sure and personally had a very nice stay - thank you Radisson staff, keep up the nice work!

Room Tip: Great for family and business travel - works for both. Ask for room next to their Atrium.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Been to Radisson Hotel Milwaukee North Shore? Share your experiences!