I stayed here for several nights as part of a company event. The property has some nice attributes, but really desperately needs a refresh, or at minimum some serious TLC.
Some observations about my stay:
- Front desk personnel were very friendly and professional, they definitely were doing a good job I thought with helping guests check in and find local attractions.
- The property is very well located near a grocery, local dining, and a nice shopping area that includes a great steak / seafood place plus a cheesecake factory.
- Rooms include sleep number beds, which are wonderful. Wish more properties had them.
- Hotel offers shuttle service to local airport, and will pick up / drop at area restaurants / businesses.
- Good selection of television stations and decent internet connectivity.
The not so good about this property:
- Temperature controls in the room seem pretty random - mine had two temps, freezing and muggy.
- My room looked tired. Lighting was marginal at best. There were at least three spots on the room walls where they had been patched with plaster, but not repainted, the largest of which was the side of my hand with extended fingers.
- Water pressure in the shower was not that good, but that compensated for the slow drain.
- I did not get a good feel about the cleaning in the rooms. After my first shower, I noticed dark spots on flat surfaces around the tub, figured out that it was lint that had clustered together when it got wet. A colleague in another room found a 1" long bug crawling across her white sheets.
I think at minimum management needs to have a handyman go room to room and inspect / fix simple things like damaged paint, carpet that is coming loose, etc. Hallways and common spaces look OK, but the rooms just don't. It really wouldn't take a whole lot to get the property at least to a decent level, just some basic fixup and repairs. Still, it would benefit tremendously from a more in depth remodel at some point in the not distant future.
One final thought, the parking is somewhat worrisome. Lighting isn't the best in places, although I didn't have any problems, I also made a point of pulling anything of value from my car when I parked.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recently renovated in 2014, this three-story Suburban Hotel is located in the North Shore area, 10 miles from downtown, 15 miles from General Mitchell Airport and minutes from Lake Michigan. Spacious guest rooms,with complimentary hi speed Internet, onsite restaurant, lounge, fitness center, game room and indoor pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Radisson Hotel Milwaukee North Shore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Milwaukee
- Milwaukee Radisson