“Great Banquet Staff” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great Banquet Staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I had my mother's birthday party in the Venetian Room. The Wait Staff was more than accommodating! Kudos to Deongelo Edwards - his hospitality was spectacular. His staff: Matthew, Linda, Exavier, Juliane, Gary, and Teannia were not short stopping either! Special Thank You to Teannia - for the final touches to my centerpieces. This event was the talk of the hotel the entire weekend and the talk of many who attended days/weeks later. Your team met the needs of my guests and I throughout our entire event - for that we are thankful.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

37 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I usually stay at Hampton Inn but needed to be in Cedarburg at the last minute, so I figured Radisson would be be a safe bet.

As I walked in several guests in a heated argument trying to get out of their booking. Uh-oh. That was a bad sign.

All the hotel exterior doors were propped open (another bad sign). The hotel is organized around a huge atrium with a swimming pool in the middle, with all rooms facing the atrium. This terrible design flaw means you will NEVER have quiet, and ALL the rooms have a nasty swampy smell from the pool.

With kids playing in the pool the noise is so LOUD you could never hear your TV if you wanted to watch a movie. And drunks coming and going all night long will wake up ALL the hotels rooms, since they all face the atrium. Plus the walls are thin. and the rooms have a big window facing the atrium (why?) so the noise level from the atrium is even louder.

Once in the room, the disappointment continued. First, it was freezing with no temperature control. Then, the room was horrible: disgusting and stained bedspread, peeling wallpaper in the bath room, ice bucked left full of water from the previous guest, black smutz (someone's eyeliner?) on the pillow case, thin sheets. lousy pillows and lumpy mattress.

The connecting door to the unit next door was unlocked (scary) and the walls thin so you hear everything. You heard EVERY door open and clunk shut and every drunken conversation.

Overall the conditions were far worse than most 1 star hotels.

Music played late from the wedding reception which was going on that night, then the party continued to the parking lot with yelling shouting etc. till all hours. Even with earplugs it was impossible to sleep. Worse night sleep ever. I hated this place and truly felt sorry for the people working here who have to put up the complaints from the many unhappy guests.

Just a terrible place to stay. Have a good look at the photos. I truly do not understand the high ratings on trip advisor. Please look at the reviews on Yelp. My experience was very negative; avoid staying here.

BTW, I emailed Radisson corporate headquarters and did not receive a reply.

Room Tip: Make sure it doesn't face the atrium.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Tomah, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here over the weekend. Arrived late in the middle of the night and was greeted with a smile by Krystal on the night shift who was excellent and very friendly. Room was not as clean as expected however Krystal quickly resolved the issue by changing our room and apologizing. The rest of our stay was great and this is a great hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Seminole, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Michael in the maintenance department was most helpful. Carried a huge box to my room for me, and then found scissors for me to borrow to put my gift basket together. He saved the day! The daytime front desk people are very nice and there's a great sports bar in the hotel. I did not realize how far out of town this was though, and the traffic is horrible. The property and rooms were nice...just wish the housekeepers had checked the iron though as it put a huge stain on the slacks I needed to wear to a business appointment.

Room Tip: Room 230 is ok
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Jason_M2821, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Milwaukee North Shore, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Cheryl,

Thank you for the great feedback!
Michael has worked with us for awhile and we just love him! I will make sure to print your comments out and share them with the team.

I do apologize about your iron. I will make sure to have housekeeping check that right away.

Thank you again for the feedback and we look forward to seeing you in the future should your travels bring you our way!

Tracy Arman
Guest Relations Manager
American abroad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was worried about this place after reading several awful reviews. I don't know; I thought it was fine. Room was dated, with some obvious repairs showing (rather than being totally renovated) and I was hoping for a hot tub, but otherwise very pleased, especially for the GREAT PRICE. We had a huge suite with two pull-out couches and a king size bed, plus fridge and microwave, next to the pool for just over $100/night. Convenient to the highway, and right next to a grocery store and coffee shop.
Not for a romantic get-a-way, but perfect for our large family with kids!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Brownhills, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

So, this hotel had the honour of being the final night of 22 on my US roadtrip 2014.
===
Everything very good, the sleep comfort bed was VERY good. Staff super friendly, and check in was fast and recognised as a CC member...
Loads of parking available, and although the room was near to the road there was no noise...
===
Thank you and goodbye America - I will be back one day!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Mequon, Wisconsin, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel has been in this location for quite a while. It's updated it's logo and that's about it.

We lost power and this required me to get a single hotel room for a mid-week stay, just one night. I had an excellent discount through the app Hotel Tonight.

I checked in and was pleased by the quick check in process. My room was actually quite large and even had a small couch. The TV was small and didn't get the local channel MY 24 (UPN), but it did have several other channels.

The HVAC system DOES NOT work, no matter how hard you try. I turned it to 80 to try to warm up the room because it was so cold. That thing is so noisy too. I finally just gave up at 10pm and turned the thing off.

The atrium pool is nice and the front desk clerk told me it was adults only from 830-1030pm. But when I got there at 9pm, there was several rambunctious kids in there so I just dipped in there for about 5 minutes.

The beds, the sleep number bed, do not work very well. Either way too flimsy or way too firm, no in between. I have read that they are phasing these out.

Finally, the shower curtain does not cover the whole shower, this is unacceptable for a hotel. It only costs about $10 at a pharmacy to get a shower curtain.

Room Tip: Choose one away from the pool.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Been to Radisson Hotel Milwaukee North Shore? Share your experiences!