“Tired, but trying...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Hotel Milwaukee North Shore

Expedia.com Travelocity
Radisson Hotel Milwaukee North Shore
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7065 North Port Washington Road, Milwaukee, WI 53217 (Formerly Manchester Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #44 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Tired, but trying...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 6 nights this past October while visiting Milwaukee. The hotel is undergoing some much needed refurbishment, as the glory days of this hotel are long lost. If you can get past the worn edges and the ground-under-construction feel to it, you will find a pleasant place to lay your head on Milwaukee's north side. And for the price of less than $70/night. it is hard to beat.

The shuttle to/from the airport was most convenient, as was the location just off the highway. The staff is pleasant and accommodating. The enclosed pool area was much nice than I had anticipated, though on the weekend it was overrun with kids. The sports bar/eatery didn't have a great deal of traffic, but it looked like a decent place to grab a bite or a beer.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Jhager45, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Milwaukee North Shore, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for your feedback! We are excited about our renovations, and that you enjoyed your stay. Thank You

154 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Island Lake
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I'll stay here again, cost effective. No free breakfast. Good location. Good sleep number beds. Close to a nice mall. Staff the first night is blah, I returned to my room almost midnight and my key wouldn't work. Front desk staff didn't say anything about the inconvenience.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Jhager45, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Milwaukee North Shore, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you for your feedback - Im glad to see you had a good stay. Thank you also for your feedback on the staff - I apologize for your key difficulties. I will share that feedback with engineering.
Rochester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Despite some unfavorable reviews, I decided to give this a chance. I found nothing to complain of. Cleanliness, quiet, good furnishings; it was all there. While there remains a little to update after taking over from the previous chain, it didn't prove a problem. I checked in early enough to be sure things were good, but it is really nice to find something better than you expected. So . . . probably worth a try!

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Jhager45, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Milwaukee North Shore, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments - we are thrilled you had a great stay and were unexpectedly surprised!
Monmouth, Maine
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Where do I start? In spite of mediocre reviews, I booked 2 rooms for 4 nights. Late night check in was neither cheerful or warm. Slide card hardware for the outside doors had been removed and gaping holes were left rendering the doors useless and locked. Our room suffered a "broken" Sleep Number mattress that made for a miserable night and had to be changed out the next day. Kind of hard to believe no one knew it was broken before. On the ground floor, the security screen on our outside window was severely damaged (either someone trying to squeeze into the room or pass something large out of the room undetected) and the view was of trash behind a hedge. Maintenance was not too interested in cleaning it up and we were not too interested in looking at it on vacation. Our inside window was poolside and the acoustics in our room were deafening. Our shower needed regrouting and when we came back from our outing late the next night, we had to ask to have the room cleaned. We found another hotel and left two days early. I would not go back.

Room Tip: Don't stay here, but if you have to, request it away from the pool area and upstairs.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Jhager45, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Milwaukee North Shore, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the difficulties you experienced in your guestroom and with the hotel - we are currently starting our renovation process, and I will share your feedback with the housekeeping and engineering teams to ensure corrections to those rooms are completed so a similar situation does not occur. I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

My family was very disappointed in our stay. We had no ac/heat and the sleep number bed was broken. The hot tub was drained and not working. My family purchased a groupon to use for our stay so did not pay full price and am glad I did not pay full price it was not worth what we paid. For the price they quote there are many different places to stay. When we complained about the room they blantly told us they knew that room had those problems when they rented it out! So I guess because we used a group on we weren't important enough for a working room. I will never use this hotel again or recommend it. The restaurant is slow as well. It wasn't very busy they would disappear in the back for 20 minutes and come back with one thing and it happened each time you asked for something. The hotel looks run down and only gets worse when you get to the room. Trust me stay somewhere else for this price.

• Stayed October 2013
Jhager45, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Milwaukee North Shore, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
I apologize for the issues you experienced at the hotel. I appreciate your comments, and will work with engineering and housekeeping to ensure we review your room and the processes at the hotel. I apologize for the difficult experience and appreciate your taking the time to share your feedback.
Port Washington, Wisconsin, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed here this past weekend and ended up learning that you get what you pay for.

First of all, our reservation was messed up when we got there. We booked same day through Expedia and somehow the reservation ended up being made for April 2014 instead of October 2013. Not a huge deal to me because they were willing to work with us to fix it. However, Jesse who was working at the front desk refused to look me in the eyes. He stares at the computer, the wall, answers the phone mid-your-conversation, rolls his eyes, whatever it takes.. he will. not. look. at. you. In the end, we got the reservation fixed and ended up being upgraded to a king suite instead of a regular king room for the same price. But it took like 45 minutes of standing at the front desk listening to Jesse answer the phone and complain about all the other guests in the hotel to the other staff member working. To the tune of "Oh God, good luck with that one." when she would answer the phone. He was literally rolling his eyes and making faces to himself when guests would call down to complain about something in the hotel. I should have taken it as a sign when 3 complaints came in while I was trying to check in.

Our room was actually really nice. Upgraded amenities, a sleep number bed, one of the TV's was a flat screen, the other wasnt. The bathroom was large. It had a whirlpool tub.

the first thing that I noticed was how FREEZING it was in the hotel room. It's mid-October in Wisconsin. It's cold. My husband and I were going out to dinner so we cranked the heat up and left. When we returned to our room it was unbearably cold. Like, hey... I know you're here to celebrate your anniversary and get naked.. but have fun in your sweatpants and winter hat type cold.

We called down to the front desk to ask if there was something we were missing on the thermostat. They said there was no way to turn the heat on. The entire hotel "had not been switched over yet" and was running on AC. So, they suggested we just turn it off completely, and they could bring us up some extra blankets. Not exactly the romantic vacation we imagined.

Instead we decided to take a bath in the whirlpool to warm up. The heater vents previously installed in the ceiling are no longer there and instead are covered with a plastic plate. the Kleenex in the bathroom was just wadded up and stuffed back in the box from a previous user and I had no idea if it was clean, so I just used toilet paper to dab my nose. Yes, my nose started running due to the cold air in our room. The drain stop is also ripped out of the tub though we did find a replacement drain stopper elsewhere in the bathroom. We turned the water on and it was rusty brown in color when it came out. Obviously the tub had not been used in a long-while. Though it's also concerning that the cleaning crew never has once turned the water on. Shouldn't routine maintence checks be made on these sorts of things?

After getting out of the bath we got back into our fleece lined pants and sweatshirts and slipper socks and cuddled under the blankets until we were warm enough to enjoy each other. We chose this hotel because it had a pool and we wanted to swim but the pool is in an open atrium with other tables and a bar area... it's air conditioned like the rest of the hotel. Yeah right! If im taking a steaming hot bath just to warm myself up enough to be comfortable, there is no way im subjecting myself to a cold dip in the pool. Especially since I saw a woman come up and complain that the heat in the pool wasn't on when we checked in.

Honestly, I would have complained to the front desk about the heat situation, but there was obviously nothing they could do about it.. and I saw how Jesse's sympathy factor worked while he was eye-rolling and laughing with the other employee about customer complaints. he made me uncomfortable enough as a guest that I figured it wasn't worth it. I had planned on complaining in the morning when we checked out, but when we went to the front there was no one at the desk at all. No bell, no chime to call anyone.. nothing. We waited around a few minutes and guess who showed up... Jesse again. Still refused to look us in the eye. Even after I tried to create some small talk with him and explain that I can sympathyze. I've also worked front desk at a hotel chain. I know it can get frustrating dealing with crabby travelers. However, a little customer service can go a long way!

All in all.. This was a really disappointing getaway for my husband and I. I wish we had spent a little more and stayed somewhere else for our anniversary. Next time I will trust my instincts when hearing so many other guests complaining at the front desk and dealing with rude employees.

Room Tip: All rooms are open to pool atrium. Be prepared for a noisy stay.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Jhager45, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Milwaukee North Shore, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
First, let me thank you for your comments - I read your review several times to make sure I really understood your feedback - thank you for being so detailed in your review. I really want to apologize for the difficult experience you had with the front desk staff associate. I will use your feedback as an opportunity to coach and mentor, and ensure we make changes to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future. I also want to apologize for the difficulties you experienced in your guestroom - we are currently starting a renovation of the property and excited about the changes we are making. I am sorry your anniversary did not turn out as you had hoped. I invite you to contact me at the hotel to discuss your stay in more detail and ensure we have the opportunity to make up for the difficulty you experienced. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.
Elmwood Park, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I had made a reservation for 5 rooms at the end of August and tried to reserve the conference room. Received 1 call after three weeks of constant emails and messages. The General Manager never even called me back. The front desk Manager continually cut off my Pastor from speaking three times and never helped with the problem. Two rooms had two of the men with bug bites and another two rooms had a damaged sink and the other had the closest out of line and door to bathroom was broken. Not only that, but three of the doors had no security entries and anybody could of get in.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I apologize for the difficulties you experienced with your stay and the communication you mentioned with the staff. I truly apologize if you did not feel our hotel was responsive enough to your need. I will take your feedback and share it with the team to ensure we do not have a similar situation occur again in the future. I also apologize for the difficulties you experienced in your guestroom and the entrances. We are currently in the process of renovating our spaces and look forward to the improvements being made at the property.

Been to Radisson Hotel Milwaukee North Shore? Share your experiences!