“WOW” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Hotel Milwaukee North Shore

Save Saved
You added Radisson Hotel Milwaukee North Shore to your Saves list
Radisson Hotel Milwaukee North Shore
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7065 North Port Washington Road, Milwaukee, WI 53217 (Formerly Manchester Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #44 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
Long Beach, California
“WOW”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I booked this room with Hotwire which i have used before to get great deals on rooms but this was wow. the room they gave us was a suite. This room had a full size pool table in the room and a jacauzzi tube in the bathroom. also love the sleep # beds. the indoor pool was area was awesome. The only problem was the pool jacuazzi did not work.

Room Tip: room 124 best room
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Jhager45, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Milwaukee North Shore, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback - I am glad to hear you had a fantastic time at the hotel and enjoyed the room! That pool table room is one of our most requested rooms! Thank you for the feedback on the whirlpool - that issue has been resolved! Have a great rest of your summer.

154 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Greenville, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I stayed at this hotel as part of a large group attending a nearby conference that had selected this hotel. What an absolute nightmare! I travel alot (Platinum Priority Club at Holiday Inn and Diamond Hilton Honors member) and I generally know when there are problems during a stay that are freak occurrences and others that are indicative of poor management. I would chalk up the issues experienced firmly in the later category.

Arriving late the first night the issues began to stack up. The room was very worn and dated in complete contrast to the exterior and entryway. It was very evident that the rooms were not being properly cleaned. Dust everywhere, garbage under bed, table had dried food spot. Air Conditioning was not working and the fan sounded like it was on its last leg causing me to have to open the window and be serenaded by the freeway located 300ft from the building. It was about this time that I noticed the toliet continuing to run all night. No luck jiggling the handle, playing with the float switch and the supply valve was wouldn't turn. Excellent.

The next morning as I'm getting ready the sink decides to stop working, it did work and then wouldn't turn on again. Was able to at least finish using water from the tub. I reported the issue to the front desk at 7:30am so they could fix the room before I returned. Returning at 6pm I found the same situation and housekeeping never bothered to leave any towels. I returned to the front desk and was told the maintenance guy that started at 3pm had it on his list. Needing a functional bathroom I asked for a different room. After walking into the new room I found it to be an absolutely sweltering sweat lodge. The A/C and fan unit was completely non-functional and the window would not open. The room was also devoid of towels, wash cloths, and toliet paper. I returned to the front desk with my luggage asking for a different room and was told there were no other open rooms on the property. They did send housekeeping and the maintenance guy who was able to only resurrect the fan and unstick the window.

At this point I headed down to the attached restaurant and got a table with 3 friends. When we were seated there was 1 table with a family of 5 already seated...otherwise we were the only other guests in a restaurant with approx 20 tables. A few minutes later another friend joined us at separate tables with his family of 7. Service was sluggish at first even though there were 2 waitresses working in the dining room. Orders were placed and that was the last we saw of the staff for the better part of an hour. We literally had to walk over to the bar outside the dinng room to get refills on our drinks. Finally the waitress comes out, no apology and sets down 2 plates of food at our table. 10 minutes later she still had not returned so I went looking, after yelling back through the kitchen door the other waitress brought the remaining plates of food..again without apology for the significant time delay. I ordered the "beer battered cod" which must be this hotel's code -word for frozen fish stick patties from the local grocery store. At this point we were starving and didn't want to risk sending the food back for fear of not eating anything for another hour, and choked it down. Never once did the staff return during our meal or to get refills on drinks. And during this entire time no one else was seated. Finally after finishing our meal we waited 15 minutes for the waitress to return and get our bill, she had not appeared so we left the restaurant and went to the bar to join the rest of our group. Approx 15 later the waitress finally appeared at the bar with our checks. Our other friend with the family of 7 had the same experience however they attempted to add 18% gratuity because there was more than 6 in his party. This obviously didn't go over well and ultimately involved the front desk and the bar manager "Jason" before the staff reversed the charge. Speaking of Jason the bar manager/bartender...at one point during the night he was observed taking money from the cash set in front of a patron while the patron had his back turned. Another person noticed that Jason took the money and set it down below the counter and mentioned it to the victim. The victim then confronted Jason who said nothing, pulled the money out from under the bar, and placed it back on top of the bar and walked away?!?!? It's not like Jason was taking money to pay for a newly ordered drink or confusing someone else's cash...he was hiding it under the bar not putting it in the cash register behind him.

During this time our group which had approx 20-25 rooms rented on the property started comparing notes and found out the issues with the hotel were universal....no or lacking A/C, dirty rooms, problems with the bathroom, missing towels/toliet paper/pillows, etc. all off these problems were reported to the front desk, and to the credit of ONLY the front desk employees they tried to correct the situations they could.

Subsequently one of the members of our group has been attempting to contact the General Manager Jason Hager(spelling?). It's nice that he replies to reviews on TripAdvisor, maybe he would be kind enough to return one of the 7 phone calls left for him by the fire department group that stayed there since we departed June 8th. We've also filed a complaint with Carlson Corporate.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your feedback.
Waukesha, Wisconsin, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Booked a hotel with Hotwire. After booking found out this was the hotel we were plugged into. Afterwards, I read reviews of this hotel and was immediately sorry I couldn't cancel. However, when we arrived, while the small suite we unexpectedly stayed in, was better than we expected. While the sleep # bed control was inoperable, the carpet/floorboard edges need a more thorough vacuuming & some of the wallpaper was loosening; we appreciated the space, the comfy bed, the fridge & microwave. We were relieved we got a room unlike the reviews we read!! Too, the front desk personnel were friendly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Jhager45, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Milwaukee North Shore, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for your feedback! Im glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for taking the time to write!
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We were in Milwaukee visiting family and needed a hotel close by.This Radisson was clean,quiet and had an awesome pool that our granddaughters loved! We would definitely stay there again. We got a great rate through Hotwire!

Room Tip: Stay on the third floor where it is very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Hello! Thank you for your feedback and I am excited you had a great stay! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback!
Appleton, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We selected this hotel for a short night before an early morning flight. It was listed in the park sleep 'n fly as an airport hotel offering free shuttle to and from airport and free parking for our 12-day trip. First, this hotel is nowhere near the airport. It was over 30 minutes away! Second, the park sleep 'n fly site boasted 24-hour shuttle service, which may not have been a fault of the hotel itself, but rather the psf website, but either way the shuttle only runs fro. 7am-10pm. This was a problem for us because our flight was at 5:40am. The hotel did give us the info for riteway shuttle service, which wasn't able to pick us up until 4am and cost $33. With the long distance from the airport and the two other stops he had to make, we arrived at 4:40am. This really stressed us out, as we barely made our flight. The other complaint I have is that our doom wasn't properly cleaned; the soap was used, the garbage was not emptied, and the tub was dirty. The tub drain didn't work so it was difficult to take a bath. This would usually all be pretty upsetting, except for the fact that the night desk woman we checked in with was extremely friendly and very helpful. She was the one who gave us the cab info, and also assured me that she would request the manager reimburse our cab fare
when we returned. When we arrived back after our trip they did pick us up and also reimbursed us for the $33 cab fare without any hassle. This is not a good hotel if you are planning an early trip to the airport, or if cleanliness is essential. This is a good hotel of you are concerned with surprisingly helpful and friendly customer service!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. I apologize for the difficulties you encountered & appreciate you taking the time to share the feedback. I am excited you had good interaction with the staff and the customer service was above the top.
Fontana, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Room 1 -Sleep # bed was deflated, screens missing from both windows, closet door off track, hair everywhere, tub did not drain.
Room -2 Bed had blood and and other bio hazardous material on duvet, bed also deflated, bed smelled like someone else had slept in it. Window was stuck shut.
Room-3 Hard beds, there was black bug like debris in the sheets, maintenance came in to inspect and apologized. More pathogenic bedding stains. Mold on ceiling, hair on doors and floor.

I booked online through Booking.com, It was my first 3 days at a new job, I was fully dressed with my hat and coat on because I was so uncomfortable there. I probably slept about 12 hours total. On my 3rd night, I came back to find a letter of apology and that the room seemed to have been cleaned. As I was also looking for a place to rent I left for a couple hours. When I returned, I checked the bug bed and saw that it had not been cleaned, the floors were not vacuumed, someone had wiped some, but not all of the black debris off of the sheets, I tried to access wi-fi for 3 hours and could not due to "high volume"? One night was refunded, Booking.com has not posted my review. This was one very bad, experience.

Room Tip: West facing rooms, the ones on the back side, right next to the freeway, are awful.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Jhager45, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Milwaukee North Shore, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience - I appreciate the feedback, and apologize for the difficulties you encountered. I have shared your feedback with the team to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future. Thank you again for your feedback
Omaha, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed several nights at this conveniently located hotel. The room was larger than averagem had a sleep number bed and was overall acceptable. No big criticism, no be kudos. The staff was very accomodating and when I asked if the room assigned had a refrigerator (it didn't), they promptly switched me to one that did. Furnishings and carpet had some signs of stains but weren't grungy. In-room coffee was very tasty.

Room Tip: I'd recommend second floor if it works for you. My first floor room had a noisy neighbor above a...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback - I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience!

Been to Radisson Hotel Milwaukee North Shore? Share your experiences!