“Please clean!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Hotel Milwaukee North Shore

Save Saved
You added Radisson Hotel Milwaukee North Shore to your Saves list
Radisson Hotel Milwaukee North Shore
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7065 North Port Washington Road, Milwaukee, WI 53217 (Formerly Manchester Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #44 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
“Please clean!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Stayed here recently on a last minute booking and got a good rate on hotels.com. Because of a cancellation prior from someone else and they wanted to book up the rooms, my room was $55 which is inexpensive for a Radisson.

However, from the minute I walked into the hotel and going down the hallways to my room, it was very dirty. Hallway and room carpets need to get vacuumed. It was clear that no one has cleaned them for a while! Also there is mold in the bathroom, mostly on the ceiling. That is really gross to see and should get cleaned. That definitely does not live up to the Radisson standard/name. As well as that, the bed sheets and pillow cases were dirty. Little brown stains in various.

The stay was only worth staying because the price was low. To sum it up, it was pretty much like staying in a glorified Super 8. Same value and same price just with the Radisson name on it!

Room Tip: Preview room in person before booking/accepting
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Jhager45, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Milwaukee North Shore, responded to this review, December 25, 2012
Thank you for your feedback - I apologize for the difficulties you experienced on your stay. Thanks for taking the time to write about your stay. We recently made some changes in our housekeeping staff, and are excited about the work that is being done! Thanks again for your feedback - Have a great holiday!

154 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
West Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

we have stayed here twice in the last 4 months and have had great stays.I do not understand the negative comments. Welcome and check in has been fast. Hotel is very clean. rooms are large and clean. Wwe stayed recenlty and a lot of events were going on and the place still looked good.
Pool and hot tub are nice. excercisse equipment is ok, not great..

easy access to expressway. close to shopping

we spent 2 nights at $44 a night on Hotwire. cannot imagine a better deal

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay. Have a great Holiday!
Racine, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

My hubby & I just returned from a Monday-Wednesday stay at this hotel. I booked our breakaway on Priceline, and this was the hotel we were assigned. I must admit that after reading many of the Trip Advisor reviews, I was concerned. We are in our 60's and have traveled extensively throughout our married lives together. With that said, here are my observations:

Check-in: My husband checked in first, as I had work obligations until 5 p.m. that day. He was welcomed with a smiling face and had no problem with a room assignment. He is a bit forgetful and got lost. A worker politely helped him find where he needed to go.

Room: We had hoped for a room away from the pool/atrium area and away from the conference/restaurant area. The room we received was perfect. It was on the 2nd floor and close enough to the elevator, ice & vendor machines, without being too close. We had a king size sleep number bed with a large flat screen TV set on a marble topped dresser. There was ample lighting and everything was in good working order. There was a single serve coffee maker with coffee pods, tea bags, a bottle of water, ice tub, glass mugs & drinking glasses. The bathroom had shampoo, conditioner, & lotion as well as clean (not worn out) towels for the two of us. The tub, toilet, and sink were also clean, and everything was in good working order. We had a very comfortable stay, without excessive noise. On the second day, I left a note for the maid to leave extra coffee pods, creamer, and water. She was very good about cleaning our room for the second night and providing what I requested. Yes...we did tip her along with the note, but we do that at every place we stay, as we believe it validates that the maid is appreciated.

Restaurant/Bar: We enjoyed the bar area. They had a happy hour and each night there was a featured appetizer or light snack at a reduced price. Monday we enjoyed their wing special and added an order of fries to share. Tuesday we each had a hot dog with fixin's and a side of onion strings. The tap beer was cold and fresh and the food was hot and tasty. The bartender was very friendly and efficient and the waitress had a big smile and came back to make sure we had enough of everything we needed. We did not leave the hotel to find other places to eat. This was a sports themed bar with several TV's and a nice atmosphere.

Pool/Whirlpool/Atrium: After dinner, we headed for the atrium area. This is a large domed area, designed from years gone by, but maintained well and comfortable. There were plenty of towels out and the area was clean. We enjoyed the large whirlpool and since it was early in the week, we did not have a lot of noise or many people to take away from our ability to relax.

Other observations: There were ice machines and vending machines on each floor and they were well stocked. The cost of the food at the restaurant/bar was reasonable and good. The lobby was clean and quiet. The staff was helpful and friendly. There was ample parking with several entrance doors to access closer to where rooms were located. The halls were a bit dark, as the carpeting was darker and a bit older. However, we did not notice any direct neglect or dirty dishes scattered. The elevators worked great and although the style of the furniture was a bit dated, everything was in good repair and orderly.

One big thing I want to clarify: We did not see people wandering the halls that concerned us. We did not notice any activity that appeared shady or illegal. We felt completely safe. Although an older hotel, we were very pleased with our mini-vacation.

My advice to people posting on message boards is to think before you post. If you see or experience something that you are concerned or unhappy about, take the time to share your concerns with management or staff. Once you post a negative, it takes away their ability to make things right. If they had the chance to make things right, you probably wouldn't have felt the need to post a negative comment.

Bottom line, I would not hesitate to stay at the Radisson Milwaukee North Shore Hotel again. It is a good value even at their rack rate. It's not new, but it provided a comfortable, clean, friendly stay with the extras you would expect of a major hotel chain.

Questions? Please feel free to e-mail me.

Room Tip: If you want a quieter stay, request a room away from all the activities. We slept great!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Seasons Greetings!
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the Radisson! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. Safe Travels and have a Great Holiday Season! Thank you again for writing about your experience.
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

What a crummy place. Old building, messes in hallways, noisy, strange guests or visitors wandering the premises at night, dirty rooms, broken furniture and appliances. When I checked in the staff actually seemed intoxicated and was not very friendly. Trying to find my room was like a giant maze and when I ended back up at the front desk for help, I was greeted as a nuisance. After finally finding my room, I wish I hadn't. Sheets had stains and hairs, it seemed like they just made the bed without cleaning it from whoever stayed in that room previously. The bathroom was scummy and found mold throughout. I would have left but finding the front desk would have taken me all night and with the people around the premises making me fearful for my safety, I took my chances with the low maintained room. I wish I would have seen the reviews and user pictures here before my stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Jhager45, Manager at Radisson Hotel Milwaukee North Shore, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. I apologize for the difficulties you experienced. I appreciate your feedback.
De Pere, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We checked in late after a day of shopping and once in the room - noticed the floors were very dirty (new vaccum needed or not cleaned in a while?) I pulled back the sheets on my bed and the sheets were dirty like they had not been washed! There was something red and crusty like pizza sauce on the corner of the bed on the sheets. We went back to the lobby and asked to leave and have our reservation cancelled. They never said sorry and seemed to almost expect it... poor service - never going back. Disgusting. It is a dated hotel which is fine - as long as it is clean. Which it was not.

Even the halls were littered with dirty dishes/trays from a seminar/dinner. Overall a bad experience. We went to the Hilton down the road (near Bayshore Mall) which was clean and had great staff!

Room Tip: We had a pool side room... maybe another area would be better?
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience - I apologize for the difficulties you experienced on your stay. I would like to discuss your stay in more detail. Please contact me directly so I can discuss your experience in more detail. Thank you again for writing about your stay
Marquette, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed at the Radisson Milwaukee North Shore for a weekend for a soccer tournament. We tend to stay in lower priced hotels because travel soccer is very expensive. I was severely worried after reading the reviews here and I am happy to say that they were not our experience at all. Staff was wonderful and helpful. Hallways and rooms were clean. I am not a big fan of sleep number beds but I slept very well and there were a lot of pillows! The restaurant on site was clean and waitstaff was wonderful. The food was fine-sports bar food. They do offer a continental breakfast for sports teams and it was sufficient. No warm food but I don't usually like eggs that come out of a box anyway. For the price I got more than I expected. I would stay here again for any reason I was traveling to Mequan or Milwaukee.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Jhager45, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Milwaukee North Shore, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Thank you for your great feedback! We loved having your group at the hotel and we really appreciate that you choose to stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. Have a great rest of 2012!
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

This hotel has it all -- great location, easy access to major roads, proximity to restaurants and very nice accomodations. My room had a microwave and refrigerator as well as a table that did dual duty for eating and working. Entrances from outside are conveniently located so coming and going is easy. The value was definitely worth the price.

Room Tip: Depending whether you have children with you, time of year, etc. you might like to have a room overl...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Jhager45, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Milwaukee North Shore, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Thanks for the great review!! Appreciate the feedback and that you choose our hotel for your stay! Thanks for taking the time to write about your experience - Enjoy the rest of your day!

Been to Radisson Hotel Milwaukee North Shore? Share your experiences!