“Will not return.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Suites Milwaukee Airport

Save Saved
You added Quality Suites Milwaukee Airport to your Saves list
Quality Suites Milwaukee Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4488 South 27th Street, Milwaukee, WI 53221 (Formerly Hospitality Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #23 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
“Will not return.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

My family and I recently stayed on trip to Wisconsin. This hotel looks great in the pictures, however, it is run down. The hotel had a very musty smell that they tried to cover up with airfreshener. Our room was hot and uncomfortable. My biggest concern though was safety. There was no night lock on our door. Which I thought was strange. We also had trouble with our key not working one night. The family down the hall had to have their lock reset 3 times. When the gentleman came up to fix it they were acting very bizarre. Both my husband and the other family felt very uncomfortable.

• Stayed July 2013
management4400, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Dear KatiaAnn,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property during your recent stay. We are deeply sorry that we fell below your expectations. Your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into.

Your comfort and safety are our number one concern so I appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

We always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. I can assure you that your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise.

Please know that your business is incredibly important to us and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered.

Director of Guest Experience

101 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Mount Prospect, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Me and my girlfriend have stayed here about 5-6 times now the last year so they must be doing something right. We've been to other choice hotels chain in the area and this one I think is one of the best for the price. The staff is great and accomodating and they try and upgrade me for my elite member status if rooms are available. It's not as great when it gets packed like requesting for late checkout but that is hit or miss to plan for especially if something is happening around town.

Room Tip: If there is a party going on that day, request for a room not on the second floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
management4400, Manager at Quality Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
We value feedback from all guests. We pride ourselves on providing an excellent experience for each customer. I have shared your comments with your staff and they greatly appreciated the recognition.

I am sorry that we were not able to provide you a late checkout for that one stay; when we are busy, guests usually want to check in early, which limits our ability to provide late checkouts.

Thank you for being a part of the choice family. Hope to see you soon.
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Renovated and surprisingly good. Comfortable bed. Good HVAC. Staff helpful. Recently opened bar to complement the evening food available. Jay is a good bartender as well as maintenance man.
Took two tries to get a room that was acceptable, but the manager was extremely accommodating.
Would return.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
management4400, Manager at Quality Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We are always looking at ways to offer more services for our guest. We recently opened our bar and we are delighted to hear the positive feedback.

Our staff tries to make each guest’s stay a pleasurable one. I have shared your kind words with our staff. It’s truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s effort, and takes the time to acknowledge them.

We are committed to each guest’s total satisfaction. We appreciate your return business.
Pratt, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I didn't stay here because I was flying in and out of Milwaukee, so I can't speak to where it is located relative to the airport, but the location was great for what we were doing in town. We rented two rooms, and there were a few issues. The fold out beds in both rooms needed to be updated. It was workable in one room, but it wasn't in the other, but the staff fixed the problem as soon as I told them. The hot tub was not super hot, and the person on staff didn't know how to get it hotter. She tried, but it didn't work. It definitely needed to be hotter. Also, the salt water pool was a little colder than I would have liked.

The best thing about this hotel is the staff. They were very interested in how our stay was going, and we felt liked they really cared and wanted to make everything perfect. The staff doesn't make everything, but if there are issues, and the staff is truly concerned and tries to fix the issues, then that means a lot. I would stay here again for sure.

The rooms were pretty good. They were big, the water pressure was good, the beds were comfortable (except for the fold out beds), and the towels were decent.

One last thing, they do not allow you to take food from breakfast into the room. There is a sign on the wall, plus a heard a guest being stopped as he was trying to take food upstairs.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your valuable comments. We enjoy receiving feedback from all guests so that we can continue to make our hotel a premier destination.

We are currently assessing your concerns about the pool water temperature; we have our maintenance staff do regular pool inspections.

We do request that our guest eat in the breakfast area. This helps to ensure a high level of cleanliness.

I have shared your comments with my staff and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the service we provide. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

This is a great place to stay! The staff are extremely friendly and very helpful. We booked a room here for a concert we were attending at Miller Park. When the shuttle bus was too full the GM offered to take us himself. He also made sure that after the concert we were brought back to the hotel. We were lost and not able to find the shuttle after the concert. The staff worked together to try to find us, and even thought it took almost 2 hours to locate us (due to the enormous amount of people and traffic), they stuck it out and kept trying until they found us! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for that down home, caring, and friendly service.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
management4400, Manager at Quality Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments. We value all our guests and strive for excellence. I shared the review with our staff and they were pleased to hear the positive feedback. We are dedicated towards making each guest's stay a memorable experience. We look forward to seeing you soon.
St. Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Let me just start by saying that this is the worst hotel I have EVER stayed in and that says a lot. Our family was in town for a graduation and we all had rooms on the 5th floor. Our room was terribly hot and even having the air conditioning on for several hours, never cooled off. When we called the front desk, they told us they would send someone up to fix it. The repair person showed up sometime after midnight when we were already in bed for the night! The next morning the front desk guy was making light of the situation saying he was the one who came up to look at it and we never answered our door. It was hours after we had called! None of the phones in our room worked, so when we wanted additional towels we had to go down to the front desk for them. The shower tub drained so slowly that it was like taking a shower in a full bath. It literally took 30 mins after you got out of the shower for the tub to completely drain. Only 2 of the 5 floors had vending machines, and the only working one was on the 1st floor where some loud party was taking place all freaking night. The beds were hard as rocks and with the heat the the room I would have rather slept in the hallway. The bathroom sink had the worst design ever. What ever idiot installed the faucet placed it so far back on the countertop that the water ran so far back in the sink you couldn't even place your hands under it. I could go on and on about why this place is a dump, but I think I've made my point. I would never come back or recommend this place to anyone and after reading the other review about this hotel, I see I'm not alone. Run away quickly from this place!

Room Tip: Pick another hotel!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your comments. Your feedback is valuable to us, as we strive for excellence. We are disappointed that you did not have a great stay. I have discussed your concerns with our entire staff to ensure that future guests do not have a similar experience.

To address your specific concerns:
1. Room problems: Our maintenance staff is currently in the process of checking each room so that it is reflective of the high quality standards that you expect from our hotel.
2. Lack of responsiveness from our staff: We have implemented a Hotel policy to ensure a prompt response for guest concerns.
3. Bedding: We recently updated all of our bedding to Sealy Posturepedic Pillow Top. I apologize that the bed felt hard; that may be a result of the bedding being fairly new.

I do hope that you will give us a second chance and return to our hotel.
Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Like others have stated on TripAdvisor, and other review sites, this hotel is TERRIBLE.

Everything that others complained about happened to me as well.

First of all, it is not “near” the airport – it is in a very bad part of South Milwaukee.

The hotel clerk that checked me in was as high as a kite – his eyes were so watery and red, I even made a comment about him “flying high” and he just laughed, and kept on laughing.

They quoted me one rate, then after I accepted, they changed the rate – to a higher one of course.

Like others have stated, they charged my VISA $250 for nights that I was not even at the hotel!
And when I alerted the “manager”, he didn't do anything about it but argue.

I actually had to send them a copy of a drafted lawsuit ready to be filed by an attorney, and then the “manager” agreed to refund the stolen money!

As others have stated, there are police cars constantly coming to the hotel or their sister slum hotel right next door – the hotel, as stated by others, is in a very bad area – they even have to hire an armed security guard on the weekends who looks and dresses more like a military commando – this neighborhood is rough!

The windshield of my car was cracked in the parking lot – and, of course, the hotel stated that it was not their fault and did nothing about it.

As others have stated, the fire alarm went off while I was there.

HBO, their only movie channel, “mysteriously” disappeared from the TV line-up and no one at the hotel seemed to care – I assumed they lost it for not paying the bill or got rid of it.

The hotel was never more than approx. 15% full during my stay – and I can see why.

Like others have stated, the swimming pool is right in the front lobby with signs posted to be covered up and completely dry before leaving pool area. It is just a strange area for the pool and wasn't a comfortable place for us to swim.

Like others have stated, this is a run-down hotel – their idea of maintenance is wallpaper falling and peeling off of the walls and using a stapler and staple it back on – this should give you an idea of the quality of this hotel.

Don’t let the hotel’s strategically placed fake positive reviews on this site fool you – stay away.

Room Tip: Get a different hotel.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Quality Suites Milwaukee Airport? Share your experiences!