“Run away!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Suites Milwaukee Airport

You added Quality Suites Milwaukee Airport to your Saves list
Quality Suites Milwaukee Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4488 South 27th Street, Milwaukee, WI 53221 (Formerly Hospitality Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #23 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
St. Louis, Missouri
“Run away!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Let me just start by saying that this is the worst hotel I have EVER stayed in and that says a lot. Our family was in town for a graduation and we all had rooms on the 5th floor. Our room was terribly hot and even having the air conditioning on for several hours, never cooled off. When we called the front desk, they told us they would send someone up to fix it. The repair person showed up sometime after midnight when we were already in bed for the night! The next morning the front desk guy was making light of the situation saying he was the one who came up to look at it and we never answered our door. It was hours after we had called! None of the phones in our room worked, so when we wanted additional towels we had to go down to the front desk for them. The shower tub drained so slowly that it was like taking a shower in a full bath. It literally took 30 mins after you got out of the shower for the tub to completely drain. Only 2 of the 5 floors had vending machines, and the only working one was on the 1st floor where some loud party was taking place all freaking night. The beds were hard as rocks and with the heat the the room I would have rather slept in the hallway. The bathroom sink had the worst design ever. What ever idiot installed the faucet placed it so far back on the countertop that the water ran so far back in the sink you couldn't even place your hands under it. I could go on and on about why this place is a dump, but I think I've made my point. I would never come back or recommend this place to anyone and after reading the other review about this hotel, I see I'm not alone. Run away quickly from this place!

Room Tip: Pick another hotel!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
management4400, Manager at Quality Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments. Your feedback is valuable to us, as we strive for excellence. We are disappointed that you did not have a great stay. I have discussed your concerns with our entire staff to ensure that future guests do not have a similar experience.

To address your specific concerns:
1. Room problems: Our maintenance staff is currently in the process of checking each room so that it is reflective of the high quality standards that you expect from our hotel.
2. Lack of responsiveness from our staff: We have implemented a Hotel policy to ensure a prompt response for guest concerns.
3. Bedding: We recently updated all of our bedding to Sealy Posturepedic Pillow Top. I apologize that the bed felt hard; that may be a result of the bedding being fairly new.

I do hope that you will give us a second chance and return to our hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Like others have stated on TripAdvisor, and other review sites, this hotel is TERRIBLE.

Everything that others complained about happened to me as well.

First of all, it is not “near” the airport – it is in a very bad part of South Milwaukee.

The hotel clerk that checked me in was as high as a kite – his eyes were so watery and red, I even made a comment about him “flying high” and he just laughed, and kept on laughing.

They quoted me one rate, then after I accepted, they changed the rate – to a higher one of course.

Like others have stated, they charged my VISA $250 for nights that I was not even at the hotel!
And when I alerted the “manager”, he didn't do anything about it but argue.

I actually had to send them a copy of a drafted lawsuit ready to be filed by an attorney, and then the “manager” agreed to refund the stolen money!

As others have stated, there are police cars constantly coming to the hotel or their sister slum hotel right next door – the hotel, as stated by others, is in a very bad area – they even have to hire an armed security guard on the weekends who looks and dresses more like a military commando – this neighborhood is rough!

The windshield of my car was cracked in the parking lot – and, of course, the hotel stated that it was not their fault and did nothing about it.

As others have stated, the fire alarm went off while I was there.

HBO, their only movie channel, “mysteriously” disappeared from the TV line-up and no one at the hotel seemed to care – I assumed they lost it for not paying the bill or got rid of it.

The hotel was never more than approx. 15% full during my stay – and I can see why.

Like others have stated, the swimming pool is right in the front lobby with signs posted to be covered up and completely dry before leaving pool area. It is just a strange area for the pool and wasn't a comfortable place for us to swim.

Like others have stated, this is a run-down hotel – their idea of maintenance is wallpaper falling and peeling off of the walls and using a stapler and staple it back on – this should give you an idea of the quality of this hotel.

Don’t let the hotel’s strategically placed fake positive reviews on this site fool you – stay away.

Room Tip: Get a different hotel.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Bloomington, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Not a bad place to stay. Our room was clean and big. Front desk and other staff were friendly and courteous. Breakfast was good, typical breakfast with a belgian waffle maker and other fixings. Pool looked ok, we did not use as we did not have time. Price was good.

The problem was the air conditioning in the room. We like to have it very cold when we sleep, and this did not do the job very well. Also, it is VERY loud. This wouldn't be a problem if it would stay on the whole time, but, even though it was cranked as high as possible, it would turn off and a few minutes later would turn on again. If you plan to have other poeple stay in the other part of the suite, it would be very warm as the A/C in the room was modified to deliver air to the other part. Not the greatest design. We could have asked for a new room, but I don't think it would have been any better.

I planned to give the hotel a 4 out of 5, but noticed 4 was very good and 3 was average. I would rate this hotel as average, not very good. The area the hotel was in is a little shady too, kind of rough.

I can't say if we would stay there again, maybe.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
bradenton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

ok for the money breakfast was good. rooms clean new pillows and new beds .shuttle to airport.great bars if you want cheap dirt rat hole antisapatoins drink all night for 20 bucks fun not for the kids 2nd good restaurant el fuegos mexican good food 4 stars all freash food tiki bar fun fun fun see lady cutting up tomatoes for my salsa . lunch really cheap outside waterfall happy hour 2.30 till 5 half price margeritas 300 beer 300 was really great close to airport with a inside pool and hot tub

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Pontiac, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Love the suites. If my husband wants to watch TV when I want to sleep, he can watch in the "living room" and I can continue sleeping in the bedroom. He's an early riser and I'm not, but he woke me up at 6am to ask me what time I wanted to get up. (so sweet) We went to breakfast fairly early around 7am and the dining room was packed and the hot food gone. A fresh supply was brought in fairly soon however. I made a reservation for December and I ended up critically ill in the hospital and was unable to make the trip. It was a $386 reservation. We called in plenty of time to cancel but he was told they would talk to the manager and they would call him back. They did not call him back. They kept our $386. I discussed this with the manager before our most recent visit and our last visit of $140 was comped. (don't know how to spell that). Staff are helpful. Food is okay. We will go back unless they keep the remainder of our money.

Room Tip: Our last visit, we actually stayed in the same room that we stayed in before. I like the top floor...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
management4400, Manager at Quality Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us at the QualitySuites. We very much appreciate your kind posting. sorry about the inconvenience and whenever you are in town again please come and stay with us and we will work with you.
Seven Lakes, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Lived in the area for over 15 years ago awhile back and knew a little history about this hotel. This property recently( 1-2 yrs) changed to a Choice Hotels property and we are loyal to them when traveling when able. Tried this as it is very close to relatives and has an indoor pool and hot tub. Room was spacious and no issues there. Pool was a little cool and some of the sides were quite rough and my wife got a scrape on her knee while playing with grand kids. The property is not new and does need some TLC in places, but was a good value for the price on a weekend.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face 27th street or I894. Rooms on the end of hallways seemed quieter.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
La Crosse, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We had to stay here for work. There was 6 squad cars outside the first day as we were pulling up at 330pm. There had apparently been a 19 year old OD on the 5th floor. We checked in and were told to hold off on going up to our room. As we were allowed into the elevator and clicked for floor 2, which we stayed in 267, we were taken to the 5th floor automatically. The Photographer for the Police Department was coming into the elevator. She was really sweet and tried to reassure us. We went back down after a while to ask about a good place to eat. We were told that we were in the "ghetto" area and not to go outside after dark. Never had the issue that they were talking about ourselves. There are three Wal-Marts within a 7 mile radius. A good Pizza Hut that has some awesome service up the road to the south. If you go to the Denny's on S 27th, ask for Mo. She rocks and is hilarious. The pool is very gross and gave one of us pink eye after one use. It is very salty and smells horribly. It was "cleaned" just after we arrived on Sunday night, according to the security guy at the desk. Breakfast is pretty usual fare, waffles in a cup, bagels, dry cereal, but some great coffee!!!

Room Tip: Keep away from rooms that are near elevator, due to excessive noise.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Quality Suites Milwaukee Airport? Share your experiences!