“Just a place to stay.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Suites Milwaukee Airport

Orbitz.com Booking.com
Quality Suites Milwaukee Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4488 South 27th Street, Milwaukee, WI 53221 (Formerly Hospitality Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #29 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
Bloomington, Minnesota
“Just a place to stay.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Not a bad place to stay. Our room was clean and big. Front desk and other staff were friendly and courteous. Breakfast was good, typical breakfast with a belgian waffle maker and other fixings. Pool looked ok, we did not use as we did not have time. Price was good.

The problem was the air conditioning in the room. We like to have it very cold when we sleep, and this did not do the job very well. Also, it is VERY loud. This wouldn't be a problem if it would stay on the whole time, but, even though it was cranked as high as possible, it would turn off and a few minutes later would turn on again. If you plan to have other poeple stay in the other part of the suite, it would be very warm as the A/C in the room was modified to deliver air to the other part. Not the greatest design. We could have asked for a new room, but I don't think it would have been any better.

I planned to give the hotel a 4 out of 5, but noticed 4 was very good and 3 was average. I would rate this hotel as average, not very good. The area the hotel was in is a little shady too, kind of rough.

I can't say if we would stay there again, maybe.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

90 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
bradenton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

ok for the money breakfast was good. rooms clean new pillows and new beds .shuttle to airport.great bars if you want cheap dirt rat hole antisapatoins drink all night for 20 bucks fun not for the kids 2nd good restaurant el fuegos mexican good food 4 stars all freash food tiki bar fun fun fun see lady cutting up tomatoes for my salsa . lunch really cheap outside waterfall happy hour 2.30 till 5 half price margeritas 300 beer 300 was really great close to airport with a inside pool and hot tub

Pontiac, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Love the suites. If my husband wants to watch TV when I want to sleep, he can watch in the "living room" and I can continue sleeping in the bedroom. He's an early riser and I'm not, but he woke me up at 6am to ask me what time I wanted to get up. (so sweet) We went to breakfast fairly early around 7am and the dining room was packed and the hot food gone. A fresh supply was brought in fairly soon however. I made a reservation for December and I ended up critically ill in the hospital and was unable to make the trip. It was a $386 reservation. We called in plenty of time to cancel but he was told they would talk to the manager and they would call him back. They did not call him back. They kept our $386. I discussed this with the manager before our most recent visit and our last visit of $140 was comped. (don't know how to spell that). Staff are helpful. Food is okay. We will go back unless they keep the remainder of our money.

Room Tip: Our last visit, we actually stayed in the same room that we stayed in before. I like the top floor...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
management4400, Manager at Quality Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us at the QualitySuites. We very much appreciate your kind posting. sorry about the inconvenience and whenever you are in town again please come and stay with us and we will work with you.
Seven Lakes, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Lived in the area for over 15 years ago awhile back and knew a little history about this hotel. This property recently( 1-2 yrs) changed to a Choice Hotels property and we are loyal to them when traveling when able. Tried this as it is very close to relatives and has an indoor pool and hot tub. Room was spacious and no issues there. Pool was a little cool and some of the sides were quite rough and my wife got a scrape on her knee while playing with grand kids. The property is not new and does need some TLC in places, but was a good value for the price on a weekend.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face 27th street or I894. Rooms on the end of hallways seemed quieter.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
La Crosse, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We had to stay here for work. There was 6 squad cars outside the first day as we were pulling up at 330pm. There had apparently been a 19 year old OD on the 5th floor. We checked in and were told to hold off on going up to our room. As we were allowed into the elevator and clicked for floor 2, which we stayed in 267, we were taken to the 5th floor automatically. The Photographer for the Police Department was coming into the elevator. She was really sweet and tried to reassure us. We went back down after a while to ask about a good place to eat. We were told that we were in the "ghetto" area and not to go outside after dark. Never had the issue that they were talking about ourselves. There are three Wal-Marts within a 7 mile radius. A good Pizza Hut that has some awesome service up the road to the south. If you go to the Denny's on S 27th, ask for Mo. She rocks and is hilarious. The pool is very gross and gave one of us pink eye after one use. It is very salty and smells horribly. It was "cleaned" just after we arrived on Sunday night, according to the security guy at the desk. Breakfast is pretty usual fare, waffles in a cup, bagels, dry cereal, but some great coffee!!!

Room Tip: Keep away from rooms that are near elevator, due to excessive noise.
Lakewood, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I have had experince staying at the Milwaukee Suites before and i can say without any hesitation that this is a fanastic hotel. I was out for a business trip couple weeks ago and considering my past experince with this hotel i wouldnt stay any where else. Great staff and friendly faces everywhere. They answered all my needs right away and highly reccommend this hotel to anyone

Madison, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Two words… TAKE PICTURES!!! We stayed on Christmas Eve and had a lovely stay (nice room & great price)… except for a few things: 1. the fire alarm went off at 3:30am on Christmas Morning, 2. being charged for a bathroom mirror that we did not break – three weeks after our stay, 3. having to spend time calling the hotel to reach a manger (left 7 messages over three weeks, with finally after the 7th time he called me back), 4. being hung up on by the manager after I was starting to get emotional and frustrated. My husband called back to try to talk to him… manger told him that was going to work with us but wasn’t going to anymore because of my frustrating attitude. Be wary and take photos so you can fight your case.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Quality Suites Milwaukee Airport? Share your experiences!