“Pleasantly surprised” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Suites Milwaukee Airport

You added Quality Suites Milwaukee Airport to your Saves list
Quality Suites Milwaukee Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4488 South 27th Street, Milwaukee, WI 53221 (Formerly Hospitality Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #18 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
Pontiac, IL
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I really didn't expect a suite for $69 a night with advance reservation but a suite is what we got. I had to decorate a cake in my room so the table was great. It took a lot of trips to bring everything in but they had a cart which helped. There were two rooms. I slept in the bedroom the first night and the living room sofa on the second night since my daughter was with me and I didn't want to disrupt her sleep. I was able to turn off the air conditioning since it got too cool and I was too tired to figure out how to turn it down without turning it off. Slept well for me. Didn't have a chance to eat breakfast since I had so much to do. I had plenty to eat at the baby shower. My only complaint was the bathroom floor could have used a sweeping & scrubbing.

Room Tip: Didn't eat at the restaurant or have room service.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
mkequalitysuites, General Manager at Quality Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
We appreciate you letting us know that you enjoyed your stay and you had a wonderful time. Our remodeling for bathrooms has started as of last week, so when you come in next time you will be very happy to see how well we took care of our guest concerns about our bathroom renovations. Thank you so much and we hope to have you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Franklin, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

WORST EVER! Maintenance is obviously last on the priority list. When we arrived there where several large rolls of carpeting in front of the hotel so we couldnt pull up to unload. There was no early check in and the lobby wasn’t very cool on this 90+ degree day, so we came back an hour later to check in and went up to our room. The desk clerk made it sound as though he was doing us a favor by putting us on the 5th (top) floor. Some favor – the room was very warm and stale so we made sure the air conditioner was on high and left to see the area. When we came back - 6 HOURS later - the room wasn’t any cooler than when we left. When we called the front desk they came up to the room with a little desk fan and said the room was cooler than the lobby! They were booked full so he couldn’t move us. The desk clerk said he would put it on the list for the morning shift to fix. We requested another fan. After he came back for the 2nd time we thought we could cool off in the pool. Hardly! It was dimly lit and the ceiling was falling in spots. The air was more like a sauna than a pool. I stood outside in the doorway by the patio since it was so unbearable and rushed the kids to make it quick so I could get back to my little fan. Since the elevator was warm we took the stairs back up 5 flights of steps. The stairwells were hot along with being dark and dreary. After laying in front of the little fan for an hour I called the Hampton Inn by the airport (highly recommend) at midnight and booked with them for the next 3 nights of our stay. The next morning I thought a shower would cool me off from the sweat through the night. No such luck. The knobs on the shower were backwards and the hot water almost burnt me before I figured out what was going on. What else could we do but get out of the building to go to the event we came for, but not before having to stand to eat. Before we left for the day we asked the clerk at the desk what our options were. We got the same story that since they were booked they couldn’t move us and maintenance would look into it. I asked her about checking out early with no penalty and she said as long as we had our stuff out of the room and called her before 2pm she would work with us. We called after lunch and they had “worked” on the air and it was a “little” better. That is when I said I wasn’t going through another night of no air and we checked out over the phone. So far we got charged just the one night but it should have been discounted for all the hassle. I wouldn’t recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have a longer trip on that nasty elevator and the view is of the highway or another hot...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

This place... The lobby looks legitimate, nice looking. The pool looked cute in the sun. Then the elevator ride . The elevator was hot, slow... And pretty much every light in the elevator was burnt out. The furniture in the room, cheap and outdated. In the den in the king suite is a very old tv. The phone is sticky. The bathroom, the grout is filthy. I witnessed a drug deal in the hallway. The pool at night time is very ominous. Very seedy. If you come back to your room after midnight, you have to check in... What? I have seen security. You generally need security where CRIME happens. The staff is pretty rude. There are marks and gouges all over the walls. Crumbs and crappy all over the carpetsin the hallway. this place is not what they would want you to think. There are a lot of seedy people. Drug addict looking. Don't let this place fool you. Go somewhere else!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Jackson, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

We use to live in Milwaukee and come back to visit each year. We booked this hotel many months ago for July 4th week and got a great rate for a one bedroom king bed suite. We read that it had recently become a Quality Suite and was refurbished. When we arrived we were greeted by a very friendly front desk clerk/gentlemen. The lobby was very neat and clean as well as the elevator and halls. We were not pleased with the bathroom in the suite because it seemed they had forgotten to refurbish that. A number of items we were not comfortable with in there. We reported it to the same desk clerk and he was so great helping us move to another room.

The suite we are staying in is very neat and clean. The tub finish is coming off and the tile grout is very much in need of replacing but it is ok. I am surprised that was not been completed as yet in the refurbishing. How ever the granite counter and toilet are new.

The king bed is very comfortable as is the sleeper sofa. The linens and blankets very nice quality. The suite has a 2 seat table, nice size refrigerator, coffee pot, micro wave, cabinet, granite counter, comfortable chair in living room, 2 flat screen tvs with more channels then we have ever had in a hotel. Large open closet. Bedroom has granite top/mirrored make up area, and dresser. AC is converted from original and works very well/quiet in this very hot weather. The hotel is very quiet even when it is fully booked.

Breakfast sitting area is small, with bakery, waffles, cereal, etc.

Would we return to this hotel? Yes we would, but we do hope they get the bathrooms done soon.

• Stayed July 2012
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

The rooms are large and comforting. There is an indoor pool that was very clean. The staff was pleasant and inviting. I have to travel here frequently for work so I will be a repeat customer of this location. This has been the best Quality location I have ever stayed at. Kudos!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012 via mobile

I love the quality suites the rooms are big an have a at home feel to them.

• Stayed May 2012
bradenton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

wow clean clean clean , these people go out of your way to hook you up . monster king bed new sheets smelled like heaven pillows wow , sleep like a rock . i told this hotel iwas coming in late they said no prob. even thou its 5 miles from airport free shuttle. told them had to leave early the bus guy was waiting for me at 6 am . pool great hot tub hot good jets breakfast was the bomb olmets w cheese and bacon , wasnt that nasty crap all others had the man ali like muhad ali is a great dude . told him had a bum knee and want to go to bar across highway no problem i thought i was in jamaica , then he pick me up there A little dive mexican place next to hotel good margritas cheap 249 . gilvers litte more classes pricers are to all walking distance dont pay airport prices when you can do b etter at this hotel .

Room Tip: get happy with 249 margrits next door
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Quality Suites Milwaukee Airport? Share your experiences!