“Would Not Recommend!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #43 of 52 Hotels in Milwaukee
Hennepin, United States
“Would Not Recommend!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

The hotel itself is decent, however you get the feeling of unsafeness at the hotel. If I was traveling with my wife, we would have changed hotels. The rooms allow any bit of noise from the hallway to keep you awake at night. The hallway had people in it all night making noise and it kept me up most of the night. I attempted to contact the front desk 3 different times to report the problem overnight but nobody answered the phone at the front desk. I would not recommend this hotel - I am sure you can find better service and a safer feeling in the Milwaukee area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Syracuse, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I read other reviews for this hotel and was a little worried, so I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived. The hotel is non smoking so some people do stand outside to smoke, but I did not have to walk through them to do so. The room was clean and did not have an odor. The bed and pillow was very comfortable and breakfast was like most hotel breakfast. Makes me wonder what other people are expecting. I will stay again if I am in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

iron mountain, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

busy place, near the water park, rooms receive alot of traffic, clean- poor wireless internet service, desk tells you the service is complimentary, when it is not working, and sometimes in the morning, water is not real hot

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I have been coming back to this hotel for the past 5 years, best value for my dollar, and greatest, friendliest staff. I live in New Zealand but was born in Milwaukee. When ever I come here I stay here. The staff have made me feel so at home. Thanks for your fantastic service.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Ponchatoula, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The smell hits you as soon as you walk in the room. Definitely not worth $200 a night during the Harley Davidson 110th Anniversary Celebration. Rooms are so scarce for the event that we had no choice but to purchase Lysol & disinfect ourselves. Other than a flat screen tv in the room, the rooms don't appear to have been updated in decades. The front desk staff was friendly, but the breakfast staff & breakfast hours could have been much more accommodating, especially for the amount we were spending per night. (Breakfast ended at 9am on Friday morning & the staff member was picking up well before 9am) Harley Davidson/HOG should definitely reconsider using this hotel as a host hotel in the future.

Room Tip: Giving this hotel a 2 is being generous.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We had 4 girls in one room, stayed because of concert in area. At check in you need everyone's ID not just the person who reserved the room. Hallways are narrow, the smell of stale smoke is still present in the hotel, but breakfast area was clean. The room was not clean!!! Carpet was filthy, we wore shoes entire time. The bathroom was tiny & also dirty. There was hair in corner of the tub & spots on the shower curtain. We couldn't bring ourselves to shower there, we washed up in the sink as best as we could and left. Had breakfast on the way out, ok breakfast. We will not be staying there again.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Evanston, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I stay here during the week sometimes, all the rooms I've stayed in smell and have some mechanical thing wrong. Have nice televisions with showtime. The People behind the counter are friendly. I would rate it higher because of the service but the rooms smell so bad that I can not do it for that reason.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to La Quinta Inn Milwaukee Northwest? Share your experiences!