“Light coming in around the door” 1 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5442 North Lovers Lane Road, Milwaukee, WI 53225   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #42 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
usa
“Light coming in around the door”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

The staff was good, new person at the desk was helpful as she could be for her first day. The parking lot is a hang out for the smokers as the hotel is a non smoker. Good luck getting in the front door without having to put up with two to eight people puffing away under the over hang for the front door. This means people are hanging out in the parking lot all night. This is good and bad. The food is the normal hotel AM food. What do you expect?

The room small but I don't need a lot of room. When I killed the lights I found the light coming in from the door was due to the door was not hung right or someone bent the door frame to get in. Either way the part that keeps the door close and bad people out was full exposed to the out side of the door. I find it hard to believe the manager telling me that this was the first time he had been told about it, and that he'll have a door fixed. This was the first time I have seen a door that you could really open with a credit card like in the movies.

If I was traveling with my family, I would have not even walked inside when I got there. I stayed in worst places but they were in 3rd world countries well in the military. That was a tent.

This is funny for August but there was no heat in the room. AC was noisy and it was down to 68 when I got there and I couldn't get the room to warm up.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stay one night at this hotel. Front desk was courteous and helpful. Room was clean and comfortable. Some noise in the morning with people going to breakfast, but otherwise nice stay. There could be more choices at breakfast, but for free it was nice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
West Bend, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Upon check in they needed copies of both of our drivers licenses(hassle). I've never encountered that at any other hotel,and we've travelled all over the country. Any tiled floors in the hotel must have just been mopped and it felt like you were going to stick to the floor. Our room was on the first floor which had no ice maker(another hassle). Upon entering our room we found a live silverfish bug on the bathroom floor. Otherwise room was clean and bed was comfy. Lots of noise in the halls at night. It sounded like someone was coming right through the door. Try an upper floor,maybe the noise will be better. Breakfast was mediocre,not much of a selection. Had a much better experience at the Hampton nearby. A little pricier but worth it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Had a great stay after travelling from the UK to Chicago earlier that day. The only one complaint is that the toilet door didn't close properly, but that didn't bother us at all. The staff were so helpful and the stay was so pleasant - definitely recommended!!

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Brimfield, Illinois, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I went into staying at this location with an open mind having just stayed at another La Quinta Inn on a previous trip just couple months ago. But upon arriving at this location the problems started from the moment I walked in the door. First off, the LQ corporate that I booked with on the LQ.com site, had booked me an extra room. Thanks! But I didnt know it and didnt want it. SO I was promptly told by the rude man at the desk I would have to pay for the room since it was past 6pm and I could not cancel. I told him how the LQ site had problems the night I booked, and I had to call LQ direct to get this booked. SO they never canceled the first reservation that never really "booked" online but magically did the day I showed up. He just didnt care and told me I would have to call his boss and talk to her about it. Staff just didnt care at all about the issue. And he was very rude about the whole thing.
Then the room: Dirty, lights didnt work, switches that wouldnt work. There is like two plugs in the whole room to charge things. Bathroom is super small, dirty. Very dated. No pen or paper in the room, so I couldnt wirte down anything when I was calling corporate for info on this whole double charge problem. No comment cards anywhere.. uh.. wonder why?? I looked so I could leave something for a manager. Nothing.
Room service... So I stayed two nights. After the first night, they came to clean the room. They left me no new towels, wash cloth or hand towels. So I was out eating lunch, and when I got back at 5pm I let them know the issue. He said "can you come get them" I said no, I was leaving for the night, and asked they drop them off. I return to the room at 11:30pm at night, still nothing. Again I call front desk and told I have to come get them. WOW. nobody can run them too me? I have to do their job! So for 6 hours... nobody could bring them to our room.
Next morning, there were people outside yelling at each other under our window that woke us up. They looked like the staff that was cleaning the rooms outside on a smoke break.
The service was the worst, the rooms sucks, the area is not the best. DONT STAY HERE!! There is a Hyatt Place on the other side of the interstate. Stay there!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to La Quinta Inn Milwaukee Northwest? Share your experiences!