“Poor customer service and rooms are bad!” 1 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn Milwaukee Northwest
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5442 North Lovers Lane Road, Milwaukee, WI 53225   |
Ranked #44 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
Brimfield, Illinois, USA
“Poor customer service and rooms are bad!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I went into staying at this location with an open mind having just stayed at another La Quinta Inn on a previous trip just couple months ago. But upon arriving at this location the problems started from the moment I walked in the door. First off, the LQ corporate that I booked with on the LQ.com site, had booked me an extra room. Thanks! But I didnt know it and didnt want it. SO I was promptly told by the rude man at the desk I would have to pay for the room since it was past 6pm and I could not cancel. I told him how the LQ site had problems the night I booked, and I had to call LQ direct to get this booked. SO they never canceled the first reservation that never really "booked" online but magically did the day I showed up. He just didnt care and told me I would have to call his boss and talk to her about it. Staff just didnt care at all about the issue. And he was very rude about the whole thing.
Then the room: Dirty, lights didnt work, switches that wouldnt work. There is like two plugs in the whole room to charge things. Bathroom is super small, dirty. Very dated. No pen or paper in the room, so I couldnt wirte down anything when I was calling corporate for info on this whole double charge problem. No comment cards anywhere.. uh.. wonder why?? I looked so I could leave something for a manager. Nothing.
Room service... So I stayed two nights. After the first night, they came to clean the room. They left me no new towels, wash cloth or hand towels. So I was out eating lunch, and when I got back at 5pm I let them know the issue. He said "can you come get them" I said no, I was leaving for the night, and asked they drop them off. I return to the room at 11:30pm at night, still nothing. Again I call front desk and told I have to come get them. WOW. nobody can run them too me? I have to do their job! So for 6 hours... nobody could bring them to our room.
Next morning, there were people outside yelling at each other under our window that woke us up. They looked like the staff that was cleaning the rooms outside on a smoke break.
The service was the worst, the rooms sucks, the area is not the best. DONT STAY HERE!! There is a Hyatt Place on the other side of the interstate. Stay there!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

• The hotel is situated on a desolate road with minimal or no public transit
• The hotel is located next to a strip club, which makes the on-goers of a similar nature
• Most of the hotel guests are shady
• Hangers-on and rowdy people from the club make it unsafe for us to go out even for dinner around the hotel
• Hygiene concerns around the basic amenities.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

La Quinta Inn Milwaukee Northwest, Milwaukee, Wisconsin Never again at this location.
Depressed, dirty, staff was slow and didn't care.
Carpets were filthy.
Allot of bag people walking around area.
Not a nice place to stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Mosinee, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have stayed at LaQuinta's in the past, without any difficulties. However, we stayed at this one last weekend and will not be returning. We had a knock at the door on Sunday morning by a police officer stating someone was allegedly robbed that morning on the floor above us and wanted to know if we heard anything. The breakfast wasn't anything appealing and there were several kids almost cleaning out the breakfast bar to take food up to their rooms.

On the positive side, the bed was very comfortable and the room was clean. It was also very reasonably priced.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I have stayed at this LaQuina often. It is well located where I'm going and not to expensive. The rooms are clean and staff very friendly and helpful. They have a nice breakfast bar but if you want something nicer there is a good family restaurant 1 minute away that is also inexpensive. I fully recommend this LaQuina Inn.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We will be back! The location is perfect for many of the places to visit in Milwaukee. Very clean and good atmosphere. This was our second stay here and probably not our last.
The breakfast is amazing with a large variety of choices. We stayed our first trio for business and were impressed. When we made our plans for an over night trip again it was our first and only chioce. We enjoyed our stay. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn Milwaukee Northwest? Share your experiences!