“BED BUGS!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #42 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
Duncansville, Pennsylvania
“BED BUGS!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Do not stay at this hotel. My husband woke up to find an engorged bed bug! He took a picture and then smashed it on his pillow case. He left for work that day and informed the front desk who told him there was a "service for that" and they would take care of him. He came back to the hotel 10hrs. later to the SAME room and it was not even cleaned for the day let alone a "service" for bed bugs! The only thing the attendants had done was removed the bloody pillow case!! He filed a complaint and just NOW two days later I finally talked to someone and was refunded for three days. We are paying more for a hotel near the area that is CLEAN.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

85 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Burlington, IA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

First impression was good. It got me in the door. Lobby was inviting. No red flags. Price was good at 65. I wouldn't have wanted to pay any more for this hotel. I stay in hotels about 5 night a month now I used to stay 15. Bottom line. This hotel must have got an upgrade when they never took care of it. I didn't feel safe the carpets were very dirty the shower it didn't work properly. I would not stay here again

• Stayed September 2012
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Excellent value for the money. Pictures of motel rooms and facilities very accurate. The breakfast choices were very good the only thing that could haveade it better .... Bacon! The entire facility was very clean and neat.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Niles, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

I had to stay here for two nights because the hotel I normally stay at was booked. Basically, you get what you pay for (about $70 a night). The rooms were as clean as they could be in what is definitely an older hotel, although my room had an annoying odor (but it was tolerable). House keeping did a great job and even wrote a thank you note after I left a couple bucks for their services. The Internet connection was solid and I was pleased with the channel line-up on the tube. Surrounding area offers a decent selection of fast food and some small restaurants (just don't venture too many miles west because North Milwaukee can be...shady). Other than that, front desk associate was very friendly upon check-in and answered the few questions I had with a smile. Like I said at the start, the hotel is old but hey...for that price, can you expect more?

• Stayed August 2012
Tomah, Wisconsin, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean, but had a cigarette smell, despite the no-smoking law. The smell wasn't bad enough to change rooms. The bed was comfortable. The TV and channels received were great. It was quiet, and we had a pleasant stay. The hallways need a bit of attention; there was a number ripped from one door, but for what we paid for the room, the value was excellent. Although we didn't eat breakfast there, aside from having some orange juice, we noticed that there wasn't much variety. The orange juice was excellent. We would stay at this hotel again, and recommend it to others.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We had made plans to be out of the town for the weekend just to get away from home for a day. I booked a larger room with a fridge and microwave so that we would have a more comfortable stay. The shelf in the fridge was broken. Around 11pm until the early hours of the morning there were people running up and down the halls and yelling. When we contacted the front desk there was no improvement. During check out I was asked how our stay was and when I responded the desk attendent didn't take notice. Our relaxing trip out of town just left me unrested and regretting that we booked a room at this hotel and feeling like I wasted my money. I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn Milwaukee Northwest? Share your experiences!