“Decent stay, Far off the path good rates” 3 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn Milwaukee Northwest
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5442 North Lovers Lane Road, Milwaukee, WI 53225   |
Ranked #44 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
Great Lakes, Illinois
“Decent stay, Far off the path good rates”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

Some construction going on but decent quality room for a good price. Far away from almost everything but some restaurants close for food. Local entertainment close as well and a mall a few miles away.

Room Tip: Great location for just a night of sleep or close access to sporting events without being too close...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Madison
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

My sisters and I visited relatives in Milwaukee from Mississippi and it was suggested we book this hotel. The area is not the best area and I was skeptical upon arriving. I was surprised to find that the hotel was clean, staff courteous and a light breakfast prepared every morning. The price was also reasonable. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Andover, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

The hotel itself is very well kept up. It is clean and up to date they have an average breakfast and the staff is nice. The problem is the neighborhood. The area is really rough and rundown. Although people are running in the morning I doubt they would be running at night. They had a security guard who stayed over night in the lobby and they keep the parking lot very well lit I'm sure for security reasons. On the positive, they have a cousins, KFC, McDonald's, Pizza hut and a Wendy's right in front of the hotel.The hotel is right off the interstate, which is convenient . I might stay here again if I couldn't find any other place but this wouldn't be my first or second choice.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2010

I recently went on a trip to Milwaukee with my boyfriend because I am considering moving there for a new job and wanted to check out the city. We chose to stay at the La Quinta Inn because we had a strict budget for the trip and it offered the cheapest rates.

Pros:
The room was one of the cheapest options we could find in Milwaukee. We paid about $53 for one night including taxes and fees for a room with two double beds.

The hotel has a 24-hour fitness center so I didn't have to skip my workout. However, the fitness center consisited of only 3 cardio machines. We went at 9 p.m. and there was no one there, not sure how crowded it would be at prime hours.

The hotel is 100% smoke free, which is a huge bonus for me.

Cons

The room was somewhat dirty. When we arrived, there was water in the bathtub and on the floor of the bathroom. I am sensitive to irritants in the air and I was sniffling all night because the room was dusty.

The beds were very uncomfortable. My boyfriend and I both woke up with an achy back.

The walls are paper thin! We could hear every conversation, sneeze and cough in the rooms around us. We were there on a Tuesday night so I can't imagine what the noise would be like during peak seasons or on weekends. There was also a prostitute having sex with her john in the room next to us. The sex went on for about 2 hours with a break in between, and my boyfriend had to bang on the wall at about 2 a.m. to get them to quite down so we could sleep. At about 3:00, we heard them leave.

The staff is very, very rude. I called to ask a question before we arrived and was given a very short answer, then they hung up on me. The person didn't even say goodbye or you're welcome when I thanked them for their time.

When we arrived, there was only one front desk person who was talking on the phone. There was another girl who worked there who was just sitting in the lobby watching TV! We had to wait until the other person was off the phone to check in, which took about 10 minutes. Even though this doesn't sound like very long, my boyfriend and I had been traveling all day and were very tired.

The maids knocked on our door at 10 a.m. to ask if we were going to leave, even though check out was at 12. We heard one yell to another "Have you gotten them out of the room yet?" Then she said "Did you find the bed bugs?" The second comment was obviously (at least I hope!) a ploy to get us to leave the room faster. If I pay for a room and check out is at 12, I'm going to check out at 12 if I want!

Lastly, the hotel is located in a somewhat bad area. My boyfriend and I are from the northwest side of Chicago so we are used to urban environments, and we still felt a little nervous bringing our things in from the car when we arrived because it was after dark. Also, the hotel is far from the downtown area.

If you have a little extra money, I would recommend springing for a nicer room! I would only recommend this room to a budget traveler who just needs a place to crash in Milwaukee.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Lafayette, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2010

This hotel is very affordable and allows pets with no extra fee. They offer a nice breakfast for free, free parking, and is located within minutes of several restaurants, the casino, downtown, and the lakeshore. The rooms are clean and the staff is nice.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
leepoffaith
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2009

I stay at this hotel approximately once every 3 months for about 2 or 3 days for work. It's not in the best neighborhood, but I never fear for my safety. The parking lot is well lit and normally there is plenty of parking right in front of the front door. The rooms are standard La Quinta rooms which is what I like about them. The comforter, sheets and pillows are all very comfortable as are the matresses. There is free wi-fi in all the rooms as well as a full line of cable stations on the TV including Showtime.

Does the hotel show it's age in some places, absolutely. The bathroom feels old, the fixtures in the shower are all older and the fit and finish of the baseboards leave some to be desired. I did get 1 room that had a leaking tub. I went back to the front desk and asked to be moved and they moved me right away.

The front desk staff is always very friendly and they always check me in very quickly. Breakfast is... well standard La Quinta breakfast. It's nothing fancy, but it is better then nothing. Overall this hotel is a fantastic deal. I normally pay around $50 for a King room and you just can't beat that deal. Unlike some other reviewers, I've never smell any type of mold or mustyness in the rooms. As long as your expectations are of that of a $50 room, then you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Elgin, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2009

There is a reason that this property's rates are lower than almost any hotels in the Milwaukee area. Rooms are damp and smell of mildew, blankets are threadbare, bathrooms are dirty and worn, and hallways are rather dark. The hotel is in a convenient location but there are better choices in the area that are much higher quality. If you need to spend around $60 or $70 for a room, you will be happier at one of the Motel 6 properties in the area.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends

Been to La Quinta Inn Milwaukee Northwest? Share your experiences!