“REALLY AMAZING PLACE...ALTHOUGH YOU MIGHT DOUBT ON DRIVE IN!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Milwaukee West

Hyatt Place Milwaukee West
You added Hyatt Place Milwaukee West to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Milwaukee West
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11777 W Silver Spring Dr, Milwaukee, WI 53225 (Formerly AmeriSuites)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #17 of 52 Hotels in Milwaukee
Spring Grove
“REALLY AMAZING PLACE...ALTHOUGH YOU MIGHT DOUBT ON DRIVE IN!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

This hotel is the bomb! Great breakfast,pool and employees! The trip in will be a little unnerving as the neighborood is kind of industrial but safe,but the hotel is top notch and gets a 5 from me in its price point! We stayed here for a family night out,opting to avoid the city as most of the hotels there only have double beds(this hotel has Queens!),pay parking and NO pools! Do yourself a favor and stay here instead of downtown!!! A GREAT value for the money!!!! A++++++++++

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Dubuque
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I was a little nervous about the location when I was heading there but I had no troubles whatsoever. The rooms were very spacious and had great amenities. It definitely exceeded expectations. The Front Desk Staff was awesome. They provide great customer service and they do it all. They check people in, make drinks, and cook food. The breakfast was good for a buffet option.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Oshkosh, WI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We are repeat guests at this hotel. I've written reviews before on this location. We come every year at the same time. Our visit before this past one was improved from the one before. Well....this time wasn't so great. I had booked the hotel for 3 rooms calling the hotel itself. Rooms were at least $30.00 more a night as the same time last year. Was told that was because of occupancy. Okay, I accepted that because the hotel is convenient to the event that we do every year in September. Checking in....hotel was maybe only 1/4 full. The guy that checked me in said great news! The rate is $30.00 less than what you booked it all! Oh, wait....computer won't let me change it. What was the point in bringing this up to me? Didn't start the visit off on the best note..

Went up to the room. Room was roasting and air turned all the way down. Looked around and saw a shopping bag full of garbage (not even close to the garbage can), a full perfume bottle on the bar area with lots of miscellaneous change. Dirty toilet and used soap in the shower. Went down and gave it to the people at the front desk. They had me change rooms and the next room was much better and cleaner.

Breakfast seemed okay in the morning. We were there right away so can't speak to how they kept up the quality the rest of the morning but it seemed okay. I remember last time that were some breakfast sandwiches but they weren't there this time.

Service is just okay here. If you fill out the survey sent by Hyatt, you just get a canned response back. Not sure if they even want to address some of the obvious issues they're experiencing. That's fine; your customers will reward you by not returning.

I also am a Hyatt Gold Passport member. Don't think that does you a bit of good. I paid for two of the rooms and could only get credit for one because I had put each of the rooms under different names when I made the reservation. That's my error but where's the logic in not giving credit to the person who is paying for the room? It's a little thing but all those little things add up. I'm thinking we'll find somewhere else to go next year.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

My biggest complaint is the housekeeping staff's complete lack of regard for the do not disturb sign. I don't need fresh towels each day, nor my bed made, so I keep the sign permanently in the key slot, yet each day I came back to a tidied room which really annoyed me. Thankfully I was gone during these visits and not taking a nap.

My next issue was with the blackout curtains which are cut too short, so sunlight comes in the bottom. My east facing room was filled with light early in the morning. My room also faced the freeway which was loud, however my stay coincided with the Harley Festival, so it's hard to say if normal traffic is as loud.

My other complaint is minor, as I was disappointed in the limited TV stations. I don't have cable at home, so when I'm staying in a hotel I like to watch stations like HGTV, but only stations like CNN, Weather Channel and ESPN were available.

There are some good things about this hotel though. The bed and pillows were very comfortable and I loved how spacious my room was. Plenty of room to relax and not get in each other's way. The location was perfect for me as I was visiting Kohl's Corporate.

Room Tip: West facing rooms are better as they don't face the freeway.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Albany, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

This Hyatt Place is North of City several miles from Downtown but great place to stay quiet location right off Interstate. Staff is friendly and efficient! Rooms are very nice and roomy good internet service! Breakfast is well done and if you order at night they make it fresh not some food left in a Refrigerator for when people want it!!

Room Tip: Rooms are great and Pool is excellent!! Business Room very good most times printer doesn't work...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Lakeville, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Where to start? My family stayed in this hotel for a basketball tournament in the area. On arrival we were impressed with the building and overlooked the industrial area that it was located in. The lobby was great, and the front desk staff was helpful and friendly. We should have stayed in the lobby.

First sign of trouble: The sheets on the bed had not been changed. They were dirty and it was clear they hadn't been changed. Next: Only three towels for four people. That was an easy problem to fix because we contacted the aforementioned front desk staff. After that first night, when our room was cleaned the housekeeping crew would leave us with three towels again. Except for when they left us with two. Each day my wife would find a member of the housekeeping staff on our floor and ask for more towels. Not extra, mind you, just enough for the four of us in the room. She got them, but generally with attitude. On one occasion my wife was curtly told that the room comes with three towels.

The daily breakfast was a mixed bag. I give the Hyatt chain credit for going beyond the typical stale pastries, waffle batter and biscuits & gravy that make up the "free" breakfast at limited service hotels. The food was different each day, and was decent quality. Just don't use the silverware. Several times I pulled dirty utensils from the trays of silverware. It looked like it had been washed, but it just wasn't clean. I overheard others commenting on it throughout our stay, so it wasn't an isolated event. I'd also give the kitchen staff a C grade for overall demeanor - not an overly friendly bunch.

All in all, the comfortable room and attractive and useful lobby don't make up for the shortcomings in service. I guess the good news is that poor service is something that's relatively easy to fix.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, go for rooms on the west side, as the east side is close to a freeway...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Skokie, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Worst hotel experience I've ever had! My family and I have been staying at Hyatts since the early 80's. We have always been happy with the rooms and we make a point to stay at Hyatts wherever we travel to. Never have I ever been this disappointed at a Hyatt. Granted, this is a Hyatt Place hotel, but it wasn't even up to par with a dirty motel.

When I first entered the hotel the receptionist greeted us and told us to walk over to her desk area. There was a giant puddle in front of her desk. I pointed it out politely and she still insisted that I step in the puddle. As I was checking in, I wanted to use cash. I understand that they need a deposit, but I was willing to pay a 200 dollar deposit in cash but the receptionist said she could not do that. It's cash!!! Everytime I have stayed at any other Hyatt I could put a down payment in cash.

Finally, we got up to the floor we were staying in. I was with my 12 year old daughter and she said, "Why does it smell like skunk in the hallway?". I knew what it was. I understand that the hotel has no control over this, but the whole entire hallway reeked of pot. I would think that the management would have not tolerated this kind of activity. I complained, but there was nothing done about it. Later on, we walked out of room to see the hallway was also littered with candy wrappers and potato chip bags.

We were there to see a concert and when we checked in we asked them to call a cab. They said that they would call us when the cab was there. We waited around in room for over an hour and decided to go back down to check what was happening. It was nearly 10 minutes before the start time of the concert and the recerptionist was acting like we never asked us for a cab. We were late for the concert.

As promised, there was a free breakfast buffet. We came down early and they were out of most hot dishes and told us there wouldn't be anymore.

Overall, we had a horrible experience and I am deeply disappointed. I can't believe that Hyatt puts their name on such a hotel!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family