“Hotel sparkles” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Milwaukee West

You added Hyatt Place Milwaukee West to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Milwaukee West
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11777 W Silver Spring Dr, Milwaukee, WI 53225 (Formerly AmeriSuites)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Get 15% off
Ranked #24 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
Farmington, Minnesota
“Hotel sparkles”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Modern fresh Hyatt. Rooms have fridge, big flat screen, a few more than the usual electrical outlets. King beds although mine was caved which does not equal sleeping comfort. Above average breakfast, adequate workout space, good looking pool. Located just off highway.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Cincinnati, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice in the past two weeks. For whatever reason, they have a very hard time checking you in. It takes forever. For my current stay, after waiting forever, I was told that they only room available was a handicap accessible, even though I had a standard King reserved (did I mention I am a Hyatt Gold Passport member?). I took the room but the television would not come on. So, when the front desk personnel couldn't get it to work either, they all of a sudden had a standard king room available!! How did that happen in 15 minutes? But again, I had to wait about 15 minutes before they could get me a key programmed for the new room. The rooms are nice enough and the breakfast is acceptable. I'm leery of drinking from hotel room glasses/mugs after I saw stories on television about how they are cleaned. Take a look at the photo of one of my room glasses (the other was the same way). Also, why doesn't this hotel put your receipt under the door like every other hotel does? I'm done with this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here while in town for the summerfest. Checking in was a breeze. Breakfast selection was good. Convenient to the interstate. The only complaints I would have is finding old food in the refrigerator and checking out the young lady at the checkout never greeted me, smiled, or asked me how my stay was but I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
Boise, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I got in very late and the person at the front desk was fantastic. I ordered dinner from their menu which was lousy, but they brought it to my room. The room was large and very modern. The bathroom towels were very nice. The only thing in my room that I did not like was my king bed needed a new mattress about three years ago.
The breakfast was very subpar. The cold cereal choices were even bad. I ended up leaving very hungry. I would have given this a lower ranking, but the help was very good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Unfortunately, the most memorable thing about our stay here this past weekend was how annoying the curtains were. Not only were they not blackout curtains, they were cut too short. Sunlight would come into the room through and underneath the curtains. What's worse is that the windows are the width of the room and from ceiling to just above the height of the bed, and that bed is right by the window. It was impossible to get the room dark and it was right at your eye level when lying down in the bed. This is terrible when the sun rises around 5:15am this time of year, you have an infant, and you want to sleep in.
Our stay was for 2 nights to attend a wedding in town. We had the complimentary breakfast one morning which was very basic but sufficient. The room was clean and spacious. We liked the big couch/ottoman and large flat screen TV. The sign for the entrance to the hotel is a little hidden and you have to drive down a short street to enter the lot. The hotel is located next to the southbound highway ramp, which made our commute easy.
A solid 3 star hotel that I would only return to if they fixed the window treatments.

• Stayed June 2013
Charlton, Massachusetts, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We selected Hyatt Place because we are Hyatt Gold Members and have always found their hotels to be above average. We understood that Hyatt Place is the "value" member of their family of hotels so our expectations were not the same as you would have walking into a Grand Hyatt. The issues here were that the breakfast was in constant need of refill. The coffee was out for quite a while and when a service person was asked about refilling it they attempted to ignore us. When we said to each other "I guess she didn't hear us", the service person then indicated in a snide tone that she would check on it. Additionally, there was a wet towel left on the floor of the elevator one evening by someone. It was disappointing to find it was still there the next morning when we came down for breakfast. Lastly, there were ants in the bathroom. The hotel lobby makes a great first impression but then it goes down from there. I would not stay at this location again and, as a result, would be reluctant to stay in a Hyatt Place in the future.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Anthony S, Director of Operations at Hyatt Place Milwaukee West, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
We are very sorry that your stay at our hotel was anything less than satisfying. I concur that your experience is not consistent with Hyatt standards, nor is it acceptable by my standards. It is my understanding that we had a full hotel with several wedding groups over this weekend, but that should not prevent the flow of food from our kitchen during our breakfast service. I will make a point to meet with our breakfast team to remind them that we are there to assist and meet the expectations of our guests regardless of how busy we are. Please accept my apologies for our associates demeanor toward you and your wife. I am going to assume that a hotel associate did not see the towel laying on the elevator floor because I can assure you it would have been removed, however, I will also meet with our Executive Housekeeper to remind her of the importance of doing a preliminary floor check at the start of each day. Finally, I have had maintenance do an inspection for ants in your room and will add this room to the list of rooms to be sprayed by our pest management company.

Again, please accept our apologies that your stay was not acceptable and feel free to contact me at the property if you would like to discuss this further.
Tucson, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Good, clean hotel on the west side of Milwaukee. Easy access from expressway. This is the second time I've stayed at the hotel and I've never been disappointed. Large, suite style room which was clean, comfortable, and quiet Tasty breakfast buffet

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hyatt Place Milwaukee West? Share your experiences!