“Service is Great & the Hotel is Average” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Milwaukee West

Hyatt Place Milwaukee West
You added Hyatt Place Milwaukee West to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Milwaukee West
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11777 W Silver Spring Dr, Milwaukee, WI 53225 (Formerly AmeriSuites)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #16 of 52 Hotels in Milwaukee
Boise, Idaho
“Service is Great & the Hotel is Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I got in very late and the person at the front desk was fantastic. I ordered dinner from their menu which was lousy, but they brought it to my room. The room was large and very modern. The bathroom towels were very nice. The only thing in my room that I did not like was my king bed needed a new mattress about three years ago.
The breakfast was very subpar. The cold cereal choices were even bad. I ended up leaving very hungry. I would have given this a lower ranking, but the help was very good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Unfortunately, the most memorable thing about our stay here this past weekend was how annoying the curtains were. Not only were they not blackout curtains, they were cut too short. Sunlight would come into the room through and underneath the curtains. What's worse is that the windows are the width of the room and from ceiling to just above the height of the bed, and that bed is right by the window. It was impossible to get the room dark and it was right at your eye level when lying down in the bed. This is terrible when the sun rises around 5:15am this time of year, you have an infant, and you want to sleep in.
Our stay was for 2 nights to attend a wedding in town. We had the complimentary breakfast one morning which was very basic but sufficient. The room was clean and spacious. We liked the big couch/ottoman and large flat screen TV. The sign for the entrance to the hotel is a little hidden and you have to drive down a short street to enter the lot. The hotel is located next to the southbound highway ramp, which made our commute easy.
A solid 3 star hotel that I would only return to if they fixed the window treatments.

• Stayed June 2013
Charlton, Massachusetts, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We selected Hyatt Place because we are Hyatt Gold Members and have always found their hotels to be above average. We understood that Hyatt Place is the "value" member of their family of hotels so our expectations were not the same as you would have walking into a Grand Hyatt. The issues here were that the breakfast was in constant need of refill. The coffee was out for quite a while and when a service person was asked about refilling it they attempted to ignore us. When we said to each other "I guess she didn't hear us", the service person then indicated in a snide tone that she would check on it. Additionally, there was a wet towel left on the floor of the elevator one evening by someone. It was disappointing to find it was still there the next morning when we came down for breakfast. Lastly, there were ants in the bathroom. The hotel lobby makes a great first impression but then it goes down from there. I would not stay at this location again and, as a result, would be reluctant to stay in a Hyatt Place in the future.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Anthony S, Director of Operations at Hyatt Place Milwaukee West, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
We are very sorry that your stay at our hotel was anything less than satisfying. I concur that your experience is not consistent with Hyatt standards, nor is it acceptable by my standards. It is my understanding that we had a full hotel with several wedding groups over this weekend, but that should not prevent the flow of food from our kitchen during our breakfast service. I will make a point to meet with our breakfast team to remind them that we are there to assist and meet the expectations of our guests regardless of how busy we are. Please accept my apologies for our associates demeanor toward you and your wife. I am going to assume that a hotel associate did not see the towel laying on the elevator floor because I can assure you it would have been removed, however, I will also meet with our Executive Housekeeper to remind her of the importance of doing a preliminary floor check at the start of each day. Finally, I have had maintenance do an inspection for ants in your room and will add this room to the list of rooms to be sprayed by our pest management company.

Again, please accept our apologies that your stay was not acceptable and feel free to contact me at the property if you would like to discuss this further.
Tucson, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Good, clean hotel on the west side of Milwaukee. Easy access from expressway. This is the second time I've stayed at the hotel and I've never been disappointed. Large, suite style room which was clean, comfortable, and quiet Tasty breakfast buffet

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Green Bay, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

I had a class reunion in Milwaukee and chose to stay here. I hadn't remembered it from growing up here but figured I'd give it a shot. Man was I pleasantly surprised. When my wife and I entered our room we were amazed at the size, layout, and cleanliness of the room. What amazed me most is on the side of the tv stand us a box to plug in computer, blu-ray, DVD, etc. most hotels sink the tv in the wall to prevent hooking anything up. They have a very comfy corner couch and ottoman in the room that is very relaxing. There is even a little changing room and closet tucked away between the bathroom and the tv. The hotel does have a pool however I just stayed the night and didn't get to use it. In the morning they provide a continental breakfast. It's just your standard spread. Nothing to grand. 24/7 they offer food or drink at a cute little counter eaterie/bar. The only "negative" thing is the location. It is off the highway but you have to drive past it go down a side street and jog back to get to the hotel. And the lobby is on the back side facing the highway. It's not a big deal but very off putting. All in all I had a wonderful stay here and will stay here if I need a place to relax is the big city of Milwaukee :)

• Stayed June 2013
Green Bay, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Enjoyed our stay here while catching a Braves/Brewers baseball game. Easy access right off the freeway! Nice clean rooms and everyone was very friendly. Lots of kids though at breakfast the next day. Typical breakfast but we did enjoy the bowls of fruit. Maybe because it's summer that they offer that but still a nice touch!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I had the worst experience at the Hyatt Place Milwaukee- West and I suggest no one ever stay there. This hotel has bed begs and horrible management. Katlin, the assistant manager handled the whole situation unprofessionally. I would have rather seen the head manager but the person was know where to be found. Katlin refused to refund any money back even the days we didn't stay there and we had to find somewhere else to stay in the middle of the night after they falsely accused us of bring them. They didn't follow any type of communication protocol like calling our cell phone numbers which they ask for when you check in, before they entered our room without us there to do a inspection. Because of how unprofessional there management handle the situation, and if this is how they treat there customers I will never stay at another Hyatt ever again. I will also tell family and friends to do the same.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Anthony S, Director of Operations at Hyatt Place Milwaukee West, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
We are very sorry that your stay at our hotel was anything less than satisfying. When you reported to us that you had a bedbug event, we immediately moved you to different room and contacted our pest management company to see if we could arrange for the canine inspector. We were lucky enough to procure a same day appointment with the canine inspector and proceeded to inspect your original room in which the canine inspector found no evidence of bedbugs whatsoever. The inspection of the room we moved you to resulted in the canine inspector alerting to a bedbug in your bag sitting on the ottoman, and nowhere else in the room. We did provide you with a copy of the pest management report that clearly documented these findings.

Since your stay with us we have conducted three separate treatments on each of the rooms you occupied to eliminate any chance that your bedbugs spread into our hotel. We’re very sorry that you were asked to find alternate lodging, but we cannot knowingly allow guests to bring bedbugs into our hotel. I apologize that you did not find our management’s response to this event adequate.