“Looks can be deceiving” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Milwaukee West

You added Hyatt Place Milwaukee West to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Milwaukee West
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11777 W Silver Spring Dr, Milwaukee, WI 53225 (Formerly AmeriSuites)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #23 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
Chicago, Illinois
“Looks can be deceiving”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I traveled to the hotel from the "back" instead of from US 45 South. The neighborhood was industrial - so I was not impressed. Then I see the hotel - nothing spectacular and it was near the highway. I try to avoid hotels close to the noise of highways.

The staff was very friendly, the room was clean and modern. The room had a long sofa, desk, and refrigerator in the "front" room. The bed and front room were separated by a half wall. It felt like a mini-suite.

I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I was on the fourth floor on the west side.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Positives:
1. Clean & well appointed room with good workspace.
2. Quiet room and comfortable bed
3. Staff was friendly, professional and attentive

Negatives:
1. The bathroom had no shelf or vanity area (pedestal sink), had to use the back of toilet and towel rack for toiletries. This room was a handicap accessible room, but I'd still expect this.
2. The desk was right next to the fan which blew in my face constantly.
3. Nice indoor pool but no hottub which I found odd.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Carpentersville, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Once you leave Milwaukee to the north your options on good places to stay runs out quickly. Stayed here for business as I have stayed at many Hyatt Places before and this is the first one I didnt have to pay for parking which was nice. The stay was very nice and helpful and directed me about where things were and dining options and breakfast times. Let me picked which floor to stay on so picked first floor by gym. Also said to make sure to request not next to the highway as it can be noise so go to take that option as well and no noise was very nice. Breakfast is run of the mill like Hamptons with a few more options. The market didnt have a few items I tend to pick up but not complaining.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Fitchburg, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Stayed at the Hyatt Place for work. Checked in early and they were able to accomodate with no problems. Even offered to provide a tour of the building as we were first time customers of this location. Free hot breakfast and free wi-fi. Large rooms with comfortable bed and separate seating area. Lots of storage space. Bathroom even provides travel size toothpaste!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Lafayette, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

First time to stay at this location. The hotel and staff were very pleasant! We really enjoyed the clean spacious room. The room is lacking a desk, which we got by without but it can be handy to have especially if you are working in your room.

The breakfast area is nice and they are trying hard on the food but they are not there yet. The pancakes and breakfast sandwiches look great but they were hard. They need to come up with a better way to keep them warm. It would be nice to have free coffee and tea throughout the day instead of just for breakfast.

We did order sandwiches for lunch from guest services and the sandwiches were much better than the breakfast.

The pool was closed for part of an evening due to someone getting sick. The staff did a poor job of cleaning up the mess.

Room Tip: The room was very clean had to mark average because of the poor cleaning of the pool area.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I was very disappointed with the Milwaukee-West location. We checked around 7pm & was very hungry & tired the bed & pillows were very comfortable but its the only thing we liked about our stay. While showering the following morning we noticed hair on the floor and a string of floss in the wastebasket. The breakfast looked very fresh but there were fruit flies around the watermelon & pineapple, the doughnuts were cold & hard and the oatmeal was solid. The service was good they were cleaning & disinfecting the tables as soon as people were done eating but the food was horrible. We checked out 2 hours earlier to try and make breakfast at fast food chain before they start serving lunch. We will be returning to the Milwaukee area in the months to come but we will NOT be staying at this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Upon staying at this hotel for about 2 weeks, I have experienced disrespect to the upmost. I travel with my job and take pride in being a quiet, docile, visitor at hotels. At this hotel, I was yelled at for calling downstairs to alert the staff that I would be sending a visitor down to get two waters and to bill it to my room. The young lady proceeded to abruptly tell me "he can use the vending machine" (which wasn't an option because we had no cash). Additionally, I had issues with extending my stay twice. The first went smoothly over the phone, but once I got to my room, I was locked out, with many bags in tow, I called downstairs on my cell and asked if someone could meet me at the elevator. The same young lady abruptly and agressivly refused. I had to push back to get someone to meet me with a new key.
Finally, I extended my stay again. I went downstairs and the gentlemen proceeded to tell me that he must check me out and recheck me in, I obliged. Two days later, I come back to my hotel room and I am locked out again. I walked downstairs to speak with Melissa and she was completely clueless as to how to correct the situation. Her explaination is “we are all booked for the rest of the week” . I call Jodie, the manager to explain and instead of trying to rectify the situation, I again get a attitude and goodbye. Needless to say, I will not be staying her again and if I can help it, no one in my company.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Place Milwaukee West? Share your experiences!