“Welcoming, Updated, and Large” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Milwaukee West

You added Hyatt Place Milwaukee West to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Milwaukee West
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11777 W Silver Spring Dr, Milwaukee, WI 53225 (Formerly AmeriSuites)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Get 15% off
Ranked #24 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
Fitchburg, Wisconsin
“Welcoming, Updated, and Large”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Stayed at the Hyatt Place for work. Checked in early and they were able to accomodate with no problems. Even offered to provide a tour of the building as we were first time customers of this location. Free hot breakfast and free wi-fi. Large rooms with comfortable bed and separate seating area. Lots of storage space. Bathroom even provides travel size toothpaste!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Lafayette, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

First time to stay at this location. The hotel and staff were very pleasant! We really enjoyed the clean spacious room. The room is lacking a desk, which we got by without but it can be handy to have especially if you are working in your room.

The breakfast area is nice and they are trying hard on the food but they are not there yet. The pancakes and breakfast sandwiches look great but they were hard. They need to come up with a better way to keep them warm. It would be nice to have free coffee and tea throughout the day instead of just for breakfast.

We did order sandwiches for lunch from guest services and the sandwiches were much better than the breakfast.

The pool was closed for part of an evening due to someone getting sick. The staff did a poor job of cleaning up the mess.

Room Tip: The room was very clean had to mark average because of the poor cleaning of the pool area.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

I was very disappointed with the Milwaukee-West location. We checked around 7pm & was very hungry & tired the bed & pillows were very comfortable but its the only thing we liked about our stay. While showering the following morning we noticed hair on the floor and a string of floss in the wastebasket. The breakfast looked very fresh but there were fruit flies around the watermelon & pineapple, the doughnuts were cold & hard and the oatmeal was solid. The service was good they were cleaning & disinfecting the tables as soon as people were done eating but the food was horrible. We checked out 2 hours earlier to try and make breakfast at fast food chain before they start serving lunch. We will be returning to the Milwaukee area in the months to come but we will NOT be staying at this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Upon staying at this hotel for about 2 weeks, I have experienced disrespect to the upmost. I travel with my job and take pride in being a quiet, docile, visitor at hotels. At this hotel, I was yelled at for calling downstairs to alert the staff that I would be sending a visitor down to get two waters and to bill it to my room. The young lady proceeded to abruptly tell me "he can use the vending machine" (which wasn't an option because we had no cash). Additionally, I had issues with extending my stay twice. The first went smoothly over the phone, but once I got to my room, I was locked out, with many bags in tow, I called downstairs on my cell and asked if someone could meet me at the elevator. The same young lady abruptly and agressivly refused. I had to push back to get someone to meet me with a new key.
Finally, I extended my stay again. I went downstairs and the gentlemen proceeded to tell me that he must check me out and recheck me in, I obliged. Two days later, I come back to my hotel room and I am locked out again. I walked downstairs to speak with Melissa and she was completely clueless as to how to correct the situation. Her explaination is “we are all booked for the rest of the week” . I call Jodie, the manager to explain and instead of trying to rectify the situation, I again get a attitude and goodbye. Needless to say, I will not be staying her again and if I can help it, no one in my company.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I stay at a lot of Hyatt Places, and spent several weeks staying at this location in July and August 2012.

The location is a converted AmeriSuites, so the room layouts are a little different than purpose-built locations. But it is well maintained, and clean. I had no problems with housekeeping. The front desk staff were very pleasant and helpful

But in other areas of service, this location falls short of the Hyatt Place standard.
- For some reason they do not place your bill under your door. They also do not send you an electronic version. And for whatever reason the automated kiosks have been removed (I was told this was nationwide). For those of us on work expense reimbursements, that means you have to stop at the front desk. Not a big deal, unless there are 10 other people trying to get their receipts and you need to get to an early meeting
- Breakfast staff was frequently MIA, and ran out of simple things like bowls, plates and silverware on a regular basis. They also ran out of cereals on several occasions. The bins for used plates were often overflowing.
- This is true nitpick: Where's the grapefruit? Every other HP had it, and I love it!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the side away from the highway.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Pecatonica, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I have stayed at a few Hyatt Places and have loved them. I was a bit disappointed with my stay here however. The Wifi service was terrible! i called the front desk to ask about it and really felt like they could care less. Wifi was not available in my room for both nights that I stayed there.
Also on my 2nd night my room key didn't work so I had to get it rekeyed. No big deal as I know it happens. Also on the morning of checkout, my statement was not in my room so I had to go to the front desk. Again not a huge problem.

The hotel location is right off the highway. The lobby was decorated nicely. The breakfast was good but not great either day. I ate dinner at the hotel one night. The food was ok but not grand.

The rooms were nice. I do love the size of the rooms and the separate living area.

Room Tip: Rooms on away from the highway are quiet
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I had a great stay. The rooms are spacious with a nice couch and work area. HUGE TV!!. The bed is comfortable. I love their breakfast. It is not your typical continental breakfast at business traveler hotel. There is a great assortment of fresh fruit and they had a great hot breakfast sandwich and starbucks coffee.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Place Milwaukee West? Share your experiences!