“So disappointing” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Milwaukee West

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Place Milwaukee West to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Milwaukee West
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11777 W Silver Spring Dr, Milwaukee, WI 53225 (Formerly AmeriSuites)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Get 15% off
Ranked #36 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
Florence, S
“So disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Upon staying at this hotel for about 2 weeks, I have experienced disrespect to the upmost. I travel with my job and take pride in being a quiet, docile, visitor at hotels. At this hotel, I was yelled at for calling downstairs to alert the staff that I would be sending a visitor down to get two waters and to bill it to my room. The young lady proceeded to abruptly tell me "he can use the vending machine" (which wasn't an option because we had no cash). Additionally, I had issues with extending my stay twice. The first went smoothly over the phone, but once I got to my room, I was locked out, with many bags in tow, I called downstairs on my cell and asked if someone could meet me at the elevator. The same young lady abruptly and agressivly refused. I had to push back to get someone to meet me with a new key.
Finally, I extended my stay again. I went downstairs and the gentlemen proceeded to tell me that he must check me out and recheck me in, I obliged. Two days later, I come back to my hotel room and I am locked out again. I walked downstairs to speak with Melissa and she was completely clueless as to how to correct the situation. Her explaination is “we are all booked for the rest of the week” . I call Jodie, the manager to explain and instead of trying to rectify the situation, I again get a attitude and goodbye. Needless to say, I will not be staying her again and if I can help it, no one in my company.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

92 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I stay at a lot of Hyatt Places, and spent several weeks staying at this location in July and August 2012.

The location is a converted AmeriSuites, so the room layouts are a little different than purpose-built locations. But it is well maintained, and clean. I had no problems with housekeeping. The front desk staff were very pleasant and helpful

But in other areas of service, this location falls short of the Hyatt Place standard.
- For some reason they do not place your bill under your door. They also do not send you an electronic version. And for whatever reason the automated kiosks have been removed (I was told this was nationwide). For those of us on work expense reimbursements, that means you have to stop at the front desk. Not a big deal, unless there are 10 other people trying to get their receipts and you need to get to an early meeting
- Breakfast staff was frequently MIA, and ran out of simple things like bowls, plates and silverware on a regular basis. They also ran out of cereals on several occasions. The bins for used plates were often overflowing.
- This is true nitpick: Where's the grapefruit? Every other HP had it, and I love it!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the side away from the highway.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Pecatonica, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I have stayed at a few Hyatt Places and have loved them. I was a bit disappointed with my stay here however. The Wifi service was terrible! i called the front desk to ask about it and really felt like they could care less. Wifi was not available in my room for both nights that I stayed there.
Also on my 2nd night my room key didn't work so I had to get it rekeyed. No big deal as I know it happens. Also on the morning of checkout, my statement was not in my room so I had to go to the front desk. Again not a huge problem.

The hotel location is right off the highway. The lobby was decorated nicely. The breakfast was good but not great either day. I ate dinner at the hotel one night. The food was ok but not grand.

The rooms were nice. I do love the size of the rooms and the separate living area.

Room Tip: Rooms on away from the highway are quiet
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I had a great stay. The rooms are spacious with a nice couch and work area. HUGE TV!!. The bed is comfortable. I love their breakfast. It is not your typical continental breakfast at business traveler hotel. There is a great assortment of fresh fruit and they had a great hot breakfast sandwich and starbucks coffee.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Green Bay, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

We stayed at the Hyatt Place Milwaukee West for one night. The lobby was very nice, it was modern and clean. My children kept saying how good it smelled. The rooms are updated and very clean. The pool area was great as well, for a while we had the pool entirely to ourselves. This hotel is facing the highway and I was concerned about noise, but during the night I really didn't hear much at all. My daughter also left her favorite stuffed animal in the hotel room when we realized this I called and the maid had turned it into the lost and found, the hotel staff was very helpful. The only down side was the breakfast, there weren't really many options. We would definately stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Hicksville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I am also from New York and stayed at this hotel to catch the Mets vs Brewers series. We found the hotel to be teriffic for our needs. While it is located in essentially a business area and apparently cators to a business clientele it served our purposes well. It was clean, well maintained with a very helpful and courteous staff. Breakfeast was complimentry so we weren't expecting too much. It turned out to be fine with light pancakes, fruit, bagels & coffee. They serve food 24 hours a day. Though the menu was limited the burgers and sandwiches we ordered in the late evening were delicious. The hotel is within 15 minutes of Miller Park via 45 & 94. It would have been nice if the Mets had won more then one game, but we won't hold the hotel responsible for that. We were very pleased with our stay and look forward to returning in the future.

Room Tip: Get a room facing west. The highway is on the east side of the building. While it didn't bother...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
New York City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We checked in on a Thursday for three nights. We were in from New York to see our Mets at Miller Park. On Friday we went out for the day, returned to our room to find that our keys did not work. Front desk stated that they were de-activated - just what we needed when we were rushing to get to the game, Saturday evening before we left for dinner, we took a dip in the pool. A woman came in and left five children, approximate ages six to ten, in the pool. They became roudy, rough, diving, etc. to the point that we had to leave the pool. I felt like I was at the Holiday Inn, not a four star hote chain. When went to the front desk to find that there was no manager in the hotel. The front desk person called the manager and then told us that the children were going to be thrown out of the pool. House keeping staff was surprised that we were leaving on Sunday stating they were told we check out on Monday. We were quoted a higher nightly rate at discharge than we had reserved, so be sure you get a written confirmation of your rate quote. Then we were handed a bill for the two nights that we had stayed on Hyatt points. Again we were delayed while trying to catch a flight. I guess breakfast is only hot if you are there at 6 AM because each day at 8:30 it was cold. The bathroom is right across from the bed and if the light is on so is the noise of the fan. Coffee was not replaced in our room either. Room service that is 24 hours is a nice touch, but does not out weigh the scariness that there is no manager on premises at times.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Place Milwaukee West? Share your experiences!