“great value and location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #22 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
Chicago
“great value and location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

We stay every year for a local fest. It is always clean and comfortable. The staff is friendly and helpful. We have a quiet stay and the beds are comfortable, rooms are nice for the price.We really enjoy the breakfast there...lots of great choices and nice area to eat, coffee is plentiful. We look forward to our yearly stay.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Tammy F, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Dear Anne,
Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel. We are very pleased you have returned once again and enjoyed your accommodations, breakfast, the staff and condition of the hotel. We appreciate your loyalty and we too look forward to your annual visit.
I will certainly pass on your comments to our staff who work very hard to exceed your expectations in every aspect.
Thank you again and we will see you next year !
Tammy Fraley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

I do not usually do hotel reviews, but I thought I would defend the middle of the pack ranking this hotel received. For only a rate of $88 a night on a big event weekend (Milwaukee Triathlon) in Milwaukee, this hotel was a very solid choice.

The entire facility was clean and organized (lobby area, breakfast dining area, and individual rooms). The hotel is also located in a nice neighborhood that is very close to the airport. It's not directly near any popular places, but based on the couple times I have been to Milwaukee, it only takes about 15-20 minutes to get to anywhere "happening". The hotel staff was very friendly and helped me with any issues that I brought to their attention.

The breakfast selection wasn't the best, but I really did enjoy the Belgian Waffle bar that they had as a food option. They had no eggs, but I'm assuming that is because the facility does not have an actual kitchen. Once again, this isn't and shouldn't be a deal breaker due to the price, cleanliness and comfort level this facility provides. It also helps that they have self serve coffee all day long :)

The only real issues that I had with my stay were that I thought the bathroom towels were a little small and that my shower drain plug wouldn't stay propped up. I didn't bring this to the attention of the hotel staff, so I can't rate them on how they handled the issue. Once again though, very minor complaint which was outweighed by the positives.

Outside of my stay at this Sleep Inn, I had a big problem with my booking experience. I do not recommend booking online through the Sleep Inn website. It takes you through a 3rd party site to book, which I feel isn't that secure. The actual process to book online was easy, but the following day my credit card information was hacked and I had to cancel my card. It could just be a coincidence, but be wary. I would recommend booking by phone call. The few times I spoke with the hotel staff about my reservation they were very pleasant and extremely accommodating.

Overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Milwaukee that has a car and needs to spend less than $100 a night for a nice quality hotel experience.

Room Tip: Do not book a room directly near the prayer room for this location as it can noisy on a Sunday morni...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Tammy F, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post an extensive review of our hotel. We appreciate you completing this as we noted, you advised you normally do not post reviews. We are very pleased to learn you enjoyed the hotel amenities, location and customer service delivered. You are correct that we do not serve eggs based on the fact that we do not have the cooking equipment to prepare them. The Choice brands offer many different options based on which hotel flag you stay with. Our Sleep Inn & Suites offers waffles and sausage as our hot items. We expand a bit on the cold offerings to insure variety.
I am passing on your feedback to Choice Hotels with regard to the towels, these are the brand supplied towels and we too would love to have a larger option, your comments will assist in the evaluation of this item.
I have also had our Chief Engineer replace the drain plug, thank you for the heads up.
I have forwarded your information to Choice regarding the booking issue, they will be in contact with you to discuss this further as this was the entity you booked through.
Again, thank you so much for your review.
We look forward to your return in the near future.
Bartlett, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Just visited Milwaukee with my boyfriend. I was a little worried it was going to be somewhat rundown. But it was a good Experience. Nothing in the room(or entire place) was dirty. The bed/pillows were super comfortable. They had a decent selection of tv channels. The complimentary breakfast was filling, nothing over the top but enough to satisfy. Pool and hot tub were clean. Customer Service was nice as well as the accommodations they made for us. It is a little far from the downtown area, but I wouldnt mind staying here again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Tammy F, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review regarding your experience at our hotel. We are very happy to learn we exceeded your expectations. We hope you had a great stay in Milwaukee and look forward to having you as our guest in the future.
Rock City, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

This was our second stay at this hotel. although I don't remember the first stay to be anything special (it was a quick overnight), this time I enjoyed my stay.

My husband and I (along with 2 other couples) came up for the Milwaukee Brewfest. We all stayed here. Unfortunately, our car was towed and I had to stay over on Sunday in order to retrieve it on Monday morning. I sent the others home on Saturday morning and hung out here.

The staff were extremely helpful, looking up information as to how to get my car back and with tips on taxis and such.

The room was very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was adequate, but hot eggs would have made it perfect. The hot coffee and tea available in the lobby was very welcome.

I walked around the area on Sunday and felt very safe. There are many restaurants to choose from in the vicinity. After my walk, I sat in the hot tub, used the pool and sat outside in the sun. There is no sun deck area, but I pulled a chair over to the edge of the building and read my Kindle without incident.

The staff was helpful on Monday morning, keeping my bag behind the counter until I could return with my car (5.5 hours) later. This all made what could have been a bad situation better.

I will definitely consider staying here again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Tammy F, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Thank you for submitting a review regarding your stay at the Sleep Inn & Suites Milwaukee Airport. We are very pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay and we were able to deliver the superior service and amenities you deserve. I am glad to know you were able to experience the area and enjoy the beautiful weather as well as Brewfest.
I will pass your compliments on to our staff who work very hard to exceed our guests expectations, thank you for the feedback.
We do hope to see you return in the very near future.
Rochester, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

We stayed overnight in Milwaukee while traveling thru in motorcycle. Rooms were nice and beds comfortable. They offer a nice military discount so price was great! Wouldn't hesitate to say here again. Within walking distance to Beer Belly's, which has amazing food!!

Stayed August 2014
Tammy F, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thank you so much for posting a review on our hotel. We are very happy to learn you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff strives to provide the best experience possible for our guests, your compliments are most appreciated. I will also pass on your feedback to our partner Beer Belly's, thank you on behalf of them.
We hope you will return in the near future as our guest..
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

I stayed here the last night of my trip to Milwakee, and chose this hotel specifically because with a 6:15am departure flight, I wanted something close to the airport.

This hotel seems new, or newly remodeled. Elevators are roomy. The rooms are nice and very spacious. I booked the King suite, which has a king bed and a sleeper sofa, for only a few dollars extra cost. It was good to have the sleeper sofa extra “sitting area” when I had a visitor from outside the hotel, and we were able to use the room without sitting around on the beds. There is a mini-fridge in the room, also a very nice sized desk which could be used as a work area. This room has an actual closet for hanging clothes, I have never seen that in a hotel before! The bathroom was super nice and very spacious, and I loved the configuration of the vanity and shower.

We did not use any of the amenities (pool, etc) because it was a quick overnight stay.

There are designated smoking areas: a bench in front of hotel, and a little fenced-in patio with tables and chairs in the back.

Reception desk was courteous, efficient, and helpful. In fact, my sister’s flight was delayed, and they allowed her to extend her checkout to 2pm without any extra cost. Also they offered to open breakfast for us at 4:30am before we left the hotel for our outbound flight.

Airport shuttle runs 24 hours, and is always on time. It is necessary to let the front desk know your departure time.

I was very pleased with this hotel overall.

Room Tip: King suite is worth the few extra dollars cost.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Tammy F, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review regarding your experience at our hotel. We are very pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel to meet all of your expectations. I will certainly pass your comments on to our staff who work very hard to insure your stay is flawless.
We do hope to see you return again in the very near future.
With sincere thanks from our entire Team.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Excellent job all the way around!! The staff was awesome. I was on a bachelor party and they were very accommodating and even shuttled us to Lakefront Brewery. Check in and check out were very simple.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Tammy F, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear Ryan,
Thank you for posting a review regarding your experience at our hotel. We are very pleased to learn we were able to meet your expectations and you enjoyed your stay with us. I will certainly pass your comments on to our staff and thank you for the compliments.
We hope to see you return in the near future.
General Manger

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!