“Nice for the price” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
Rochester, Minnesota
“Nice for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

We stayed overnight in Milwaukee while traveling thru in motorcycle. Rooms were nice and beds comfortable. They offer a nice military discount so price was great! Wouldn't hesitate to say here again. Within walking distance to Beer Belly's, which has amazing food!!

Stayed August 2014
Tammy F, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thank you so much for posting a review on our hotel. We are very happy to learn you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff strives to provide the best experience possible for our guests, your compliments are most appreciated. I will also pass on your feedback to our partner Beer Belly's, thank you on behalf of them.
We hope you will return in the near future as our guest..

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

I stayed here the last night of my trip to Milwakee, and chose this hotel specifically because with a 6:15am departure flight, I wanted something close to the airport.

This hotel seems new, or newly remodeled. Elevators are roomy. The rooms are nice and very spacious. I booked the King suite, which has a king bed and a sleeper sofa, for only a few dollars extra cost. It was good to have the sleeper sofa extra “sitting area” when I had a visitor from outside the hotel, and we were able to use the room without sitting around on the beds. There is a mini-fridge in the room, also a very nice sized desk which could be used as a work area. This room has an actual closet for hanging clothes, I have never seen that in a hotel before! The bathroom was super nice and very spacious, and I loved the configuration of the vanity and shower.

We did not use any of the amenities (pool, etc) because it was a quick overnight stay.

There are designated smoking areas: a bench in front of hotel, and a little fenced-in patio with tables and chairs in the back.

Reception desk was courteous, efficient, and helpful. In fact, my sister’s flight was delayed, and they allowed her to extend her checkout to 2pm without any extra cost. Also they offered to open breakfast for us at 4:30am before we left the hotel for our outbound flight.

Airport shuttle runs 24 hours, and is always on time. It is necessary to let the front desk know your departure time.

I was very pleased with this hotel overall.

Room Tip: King suite is worth the few extra dollars cost.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Tammy F, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review regarding your experience at our hotel. We are very pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel to meet all of your expectations. I will certainly pass your comments on to our staff who work very hard to insure your stay is flawless.
We do hope to see you return again in the very near future.
With sincere thanks from our entire Team.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Excellent job all the way around!! The staff was awesome. I was on a bachelor party and they were very accommodating and even shuttled us to Lakefront Brewery. Check in and check out were very simple.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Tammy F, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear Ryan,
Thank you for posting a review regarding your experience at our hotel. We are very pleased to learn we were able to meet your expectations and you enjoyed your stay with us. I will certainly pass your comments on to our staff and thank you for the compliments.
We hope to see you return in the near future.
Tammy Fraley
General Manger
WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We arrived for here for Summerfest, had to wait in line at check in for probably 10 minutes while the front desk tried to find someone a place to get pizza with alfredo sauce, finally got check in, signed the waivers for not smoking in the room only to get to my room and find that someone had been smoking in it and it reeked terribly. It was already late in the day and the rest of the group was anxious to get to Summerfest so I briefly stopped by the front desk and told them of the smoky room, they did offer to move me but I could see the look on the faces of people I was with and they just wanted to get going. The room itself was average, I've been to much nicer Sleep inns. The 2nd morning I was shocked to find a note on the door that said since we had our do not disturb sign up we dont get room service, just a baggy of extra soap, shampoo and a garbage bag, now I could see if it was 3pm in the afternoon but it wasnt even 11am check out yet and room cleaning services for the day was all ready over, I have traveled extensively and never ever heard of such a thing, if thats the way you operate you should probably remove the tip envelopes from the rooms! Breakfast was good, microwave in my room didnt work, had to go across the hall and use my kids. Room should never have been rented out the way it smelled so heavily of smoke. Had a great time at Summerfest, made up for all the issues at the hotel I guess.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Tammy F, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I am very sorry to learn you had issues during your stay. I apologize for the delay with check in, I will address our front desk staff. As you are aware, we are 100% smoke-free, I am sorry if you were placed in a room that had a smoke odor. I understand you did not have the opportunity to change rooms when offered and from the notes left by the desk agent that day, your room was deep cleaned following your departure based on your concern. Our practice is to leave the care package when a Do Not Disturb is on the door, we certainly would have made arrangements for a housekeeper to go into your room upon your request. We provide these items as guests may require replenishment of toiletries and we respect the guests request not to be disturbed as noted on the door.
It is with regret you did not experience the standard of service we strive to provide each and every one of our guests.
I do hope you will allow us the opportunity to provide accommodations to you in the future and find it to be a flawless stay.
With thanks for your feedback.
Dubuque, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

My sister and I stayed here over the 4th of July weekend for Summerfest and it was a wonderful stay. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, and went above and beyond to offer us complimentary rides to the Summerfest grounds. Our room was clean and the breakfast was delicious. The only negative aspect of our stay was the water temperature--when taking a shower, the water pressure would go from scalding hot to cold sometimes, no matter how you adjusted the temperature. Other than that, this was a really great hotel for us and we are going to be staying here for future trips in Milwaukee.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Tammy F, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel. We are very happy to know you enjoyed your stay and received the superior customer service we strive to deliver. I will pass your comments on to our staff, your compliments are most appreciated.
We just implemented a new water heater in the hotel, this should balance the water temperature which was altered due to the need for the new unit, I apologize for this issue and assure you it has been resolved.
We look forward to your return in the very near future.
Leander, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Always a pleasure to stay at this hotel when in Milwaukee. Close to airport with complimentary van service. The place is always immaculate! Comfortable beds and linens make for a most restful stay. Always a pleasure to see Kelly when checking in since she (along with all the other staff) make one feel so warm and welcome to Milwaukee. Could be something in the water, although the city is better known for other frothy type beverages.

Room Tip: East side of building has quieter rooms.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Tammy F, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for posting a review of our hotel. We are very pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay and continue to return as our guest. I will certainly pass your comments on to Kelly and the rest of the staff. Your comments are greatly appreciated by each and every staff member and we thank you for the compliments.
We look forward to your return and promise to have the "water" you come to enjoy in Milwaukee.
With sincere thanks.
Newalla, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

The bed was not very good it had alot lumps and bumps.The air conditioning only work well at night when it cooled down outside.The pool was closed .We didn't complain because we were not in the room that much.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. It is with regret that you did not find your accommodations to the standard we strive to provide each of our guests. Unfortunately, I am unable to check the room you stayed in without the room number, please contact the hotel at any time and ask for myself so I can have our maintenance staff inspect the bed and the air conditioning unit in that particular room.
I do hope you will give us the opportunity in the future to provide accommodations and a flawless stay. Should your travels bring you to the area, please contact me directly and I will personally handle your reservation.
Thanking you again.

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!