“Good management takes care of rude employee” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #24 of 52 Hotels in Milwaukee
Kansas City, Missouri
“Good management takes care of rude employee”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

WE checked in for our two day stay. the person at the desk was ornery. The room itself was clean comfortable and had a good exterior view. Next day when we came back in the afternoon, our key card did not work. We checked at the desk and a different employee provided us with a new key. Yet, we noticed that the room had not been cleaned or the bed made. Complaining at the desk they were surprised. The manager showed up, extensively apologized and gave us plenty of towels. Asking for details she confirmed who was the person registering us the previous day and said that employee had just been fired. Next morning during breakfast she approached us, apologized again and told us we have been taken care of. Checking into our credit card I see we have only been charged for one night. Thanks.
The breakfast was good, Wi.Fi worked very well and the air conditioning unit was efficient and surprisingly quite. This hotel is a very good choice very near the airport but quite and with extreme easy access to downtown.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
TLCH38, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for completing a review of our hotel. I am pleased to learn your experience with us was positive and we were able to rectify the issues you had.
It is our goal to provide superior customer service and we do hope that you will return in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We live in a very noisy apartment building and wanted a quiet place away for a night. Read the reviews and thought this would do as we knew the area. Check-in was easy, the girl put us on the 3rd floor when we said we wanted quiet. Room was great, although there was a stain on the bed sheet. Everything was fine until the next morning when at 6am, the towel person slammed the doors across the hall and next door...waking us up. And slammed each door not once, but 3 times. Impossible to get back to sleep so checked out breakfast. Woman running it was rude and snotty which didn't make a good impression after another employee woke us up. For this we could have save $114 and just stayed home. NEVER AGAIN!!!! And they need to fix those doors...someone's going to lose a finger with the way they slam shut.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our property. I have addressed your concerns with the particular staff members as outlined and assure you corrective measures have been taken. I apologize you did not received the quality of service we strive to deliver to each and every one of our guests.
We do hope you will allow us the opportunity to accommodate you in the future and gain your trust back as a guest.
Oak Lawn, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

The Sleep Inn was a very nice Budget priced hotel. The staff was very friendly, the room was clean and comfortable, and the hotel is about 10 minutes from the Downtown area. The Breakfast was good, the bed was comfortable, the A/C worked wonderfully and the shower had very good pressure. I would definitely stay again!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Tammy F, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience during your recent stay at our hotel. I am happy to pass on your feedback to our staff. Your comments allow us to maintain or improve on area within the hotel and are most appreciated.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.
McHenry, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Nice hotel and easy access to the airport. We always stay here when flying out of MKE. Very friendly staff that is helpful. Pool is small but clean and comfortable. Lots of fast food choices nearby.Oakland Gyros is always good.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you very much for your comments regarding your stay at the hotel. We strive to exceed the expectations of our guests and I will certainly pass on your comments to our staff.
Thanking you again and we hope to see you again soon.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Check-in was smooth and easy. I came in with some coworkers and while we were originally assigned to different floors, the staff offered to switch the rooms to enable us all to be on the same floor. I like that the room included a small refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, and free wi-fi. I also enjoyed the free breakfast that had a variety of options including waffles, sausage links, boiled eggs, yogurt, cereals, fresh fruits, and juices. The staff working the dining area in the morning was courteous and periodically checked in to see if my coworkers and I needed anything.

I was particularly happy to receive a "Do Not Disturb Package" which included shampoo, lotion, soaps, and a garbage bag. I have not received this at other hotels before so this was thoughtful on their part. Usually when I stay just a few nights at a hotel, I put up the do not disturb sign outside my door so that housekeeping doesn't need to bother with making my bed. The exception to this is if I need extra shampoo or lotions that I did not pack. I debated that morning whether I might need more and ultimately decided that since I had only a day left, I would make do with what I had remaining so I put up the do not disturb sign. When I got back that evening, the housekeeper had left the do not disturb package along with a note that said I can contact the front desk if I needed anything in addition to the shampoo, lotion, and soaps that was in the do not disturb package. I really appreciate the little thoughtful things like this.

There were only two things that were not so great. The first is that I could hear the people walking and talking in the hallway. The second is that the air conditioner was a bit loud and continually turned on and off trying to adjust to the temperature. Overall though, I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Tammy F, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay at the Sleep Inn & Suites. I have shared your comments with our staff which enables them to continue to deliver the best customer service experience possible.
It is with regret you were able to hear noise in the hallways, we walk the hotel throughout the evening/night hours to insure quiet time for our guests, we will keep a closer eye on this.
I apologize your air conditioner was loud and turning on and off. These units are made to be sensored to save energy, unfortunatly, this is not always a benefit to our guests. I will have our Chief Engineer check on the noise level of the unit, this should not have happened and we may need to service it.
Again, your comments and most appreciated and we do hope to see you return in the near future.
DeKalb, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We were in Milwaukee for the weekend and had never been there before. The staff was very helpful with ideas for family activities and directions. There is a nice outdoor patio for small groups/families to hang out without bothering other people in the lobby. The kids loved the pool and the touch screen computer in the lobby. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for sharing your experience during your stay at our property. We are happy to know you enjoyed your stay and you were able to take advantage of our onsite amenities.
I have passed your comments on to our staff which is most helpful in continuing to provide superior customer service or enhance any areas in need.
We hope to have you return to the hotel in the near future and will strive to exceed your expectations.
Thank you once again.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

First time ever having to stay in Milwaukee, and this time I had to stay IN Milwaukee, not 5 or 10 miles from it so I ended up at a place with an airport shuttle.

I generally ‘fly by the seat of my pants,’ but I am glad I called ahead for reservations this time. Some type of summer festival was going on. No issues with my initial call for reservations (direct to the motel.) Once at the motel the evening clerk was ‘overly apologetic,’ about even the smallest things. I ended up getting two rooms, the 2nd for a co-worker, so the check in process did take a while but they were pleasant through it all.

The only thing I could find wrong with this room was that the chair at the desk was a little ‘off.’ I was OK at the desk leaning forward, but when I went to lean back I noticed that it was not quite right.

Bed, bathroom, room temp, water temp … everything else was A-OK. I have yet to have any issues with any of the Sleep Inn’s I have stayed at. (which may be why most are out of my price range.)

My info said they had ‘big rig’ parking, but not IMO. What they do have is a very large parking lot, but we had to park across the lines in the auto parking area.

When we checked in, they listed off the local eating places within walking distance and we ended up at Beer Belly's, just because I like to try the local non-chain places. Great place.

AM was the basic breakfast including make your own waffles, yogurt and apple sauce (that isn’t a usual item I find in motels) They also had sausage … but I didn’t find the eggs and didn’t ask if there were any.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Tammy F, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments regarding your stay at our hotel. I am very pleased we were able to meet all of your needs and you had a great stay with us.
I will certainly take a look at our in room chairs, thank you for advising me.
I have passed your comments onto our staff who are very appreciative of your feedback.
I do hope you have the opportunity to come to the area again and we welcome you back as our guest.
Thankin you again.