“Perfect for what my work related trip” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #30 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
Madison, Wisconsin
“Perfect for what my work related trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Check-in was smooth and easy. I came in with some coworkers and while we were originally assigned to different floors, the staff offered to switch the rooms to enable us all to be on the same floor. I like that the room included a small refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, and free wi-fi. I also enjoyed the free breakfast that had a variety of options including waffles, sausage links, boiled eggs, yogurt, cereals, fresh fruits, and juices. The staff working the dining area in the morning was courteous and periodically checked in to see if my coworkers and I needed anything.

I was particularly happy to receive a "Do Not Disturb Package" which included shampoo, lotion, soaps, and a garbage bag. I have not received this at other hotels before so this was thoughtful on their part. Usually when I stay just a few nights at a hotel, I put up the do not disturb sign outside my door so that housekeeping doesn't need to bother with making my bed. The exception to this is if I need extra shampoo or lotions that I did not pack. I debated that morning whether I might need more and ultimately decided that since I had only a day left, I would make do with what I had remaining so I put up the do not disturb sign. When I got back that evening, the housekeeper had left the do not disturb package along with a note that said I can contact the front desk if I needed anything in addition to the shampoo, lotion, and soaps that was in the do not disturb package. I really appreciate the little thoughtful things like this.

There were only two things that were not so great. The first is that I could hear the people walking and talking in the hallway. The second is that the air conditioner was a bit loud and continually turned on and off trying to adjust to the temperature. Overall though, I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Tammy F, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay at the Sleep Inn & Suites. I have shared your comments with our staff which enables them to continue to deliver the best customer service experience possible.
It is with regret you were able to hear noise in the hallways, we walk the hotel throughout the evening/night hours to insure quiet time for our guests, we will keep a closer eye on this.
I apologize your air conditioner was loud and turning on and off. These units are made to be sensored to save energy, unfortunatly, this is not always a benefit to our guests. I will have our Chief Engineer check on the noise level of the unit, this should not have happened and we may need to service it.
Again, your comments and most appreciated and we do hope to see you return in the near future.

78 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
DeKalb, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We were in Milwaukee for the weekend and had never been there before. The staff was very helpful with ideas for family activities and directions. There is a nice outdoor patio for small groups/families to hang out without bothering other people in the lobby. The kids loved the pool and the touch screen computer in the lobby. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for sharing your experience during your stay at our property. We are happy to know you enjoyed your stay and you were able to take advantage of our onsite amenities.
I have passed your comments on to our staff which is most helpful in continuing to provide superior customer service or enhance any areas in need.
We hope to have you return to the hotel in the near future and will strive to exceed your expectations.
Thank you once again.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

First time ever having to stay in Milwaukee, and this time I had to stay IN Milwaukee, not 5 or 10 miles from it so I ended up at a place with an airport shuttle.

I generally ‘fly by the seat of my pants,’ but I am glad I called ahead for reservations this time. Some type of summer festival was going on. No issues with my initial call for reservations (direct to the motel.) Once at the motel the evening clerk was ‘overly apologetic,’ about even the smallest things. I ended up getting two rooms, the 2nd for a co-worker, so the check in process did take a while but they were pleasant through it all.

The only thing I could find wrong with this room was that the chair at the desk was a little ‘off.’ I was OK at the desk leaning forward, but when I went to lean back I noticed that it was not quite right.

Bed, bathroom, room temp, water temp … everything else was A-OK. I have yet to have any issues with any of the Sleep Inn’s I have stayed at. (which may be why most are out of my price range.)

My info said they had ‘big rig’ parking, but not IMO. What they do have is a very large parking lot, but we had to park across the lines in the auto parking area.

When we checked in, they listed off the local eating places within walking distance and we ended up at Beer Belly's, just because I like to try the local non-chain places. Great place.

AM was the basic breakfast including make your own waffles, yogurt and apple sauce (that isn’t a usual item I find in motels) They also had sausage … but I didn’t find the eggs and didn’t ask if there were any.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Tammy F, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments regarding your stay at our hotel. I am very pleased we were able to meet all of your needs and you had a great stay with us.
I will certainly take a look at our in room chairs, thank you for advising me.
I have passed your comments onto our staff who are very appreciative of your feedback.
I do hope you have the opportunity to come to the area again and we welcome you back as our guest.
Thankin you again.
Mundelein, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Stayed here overnight for the Summerfest festival on Milwaukee's lakefront. Front desk was very helpful, everyone was friendly. We had a King room that was updated with a fridge and microwave, coffee and the essentials. Nice breakfast with standard fare. It is cheaper than the downtown hotels and only a $22 cab ride from the festival.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Tammy F, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments regarding your experience at our hotel. We do hope you had a wonderful time at Summerfest.
I will pass on your comments to our staff who strive to exceed our guest's expectataions each and every day.
I am so happy to know you had a great stay and we were able to be your hotel of choice during your visit to Milwaukee.
Hope to see you return again.
Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We stayed here 1 night before a flight. For 1 night it was ok but not sure I'd stay any longer. Their shuttle service runs every 15 and 45 minutes to the airport and it is within walking distance of a few restaurants. Staff was very nice. The rooms have tried to be updated but still need some work. Ours had some coffee stains on the one wall, the bathroom door had peeling paint, the A/C was hard to regulate, and the bedding had some burn holes even though the room was a non-smoking room. So for the lower rate we paid, and the short time we needed to stay, it met our need.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. Our shuttle service runs every 15 minutes, I apologize if this was not relayed properly on our end. We run at 15 minutes after the hour, 30 minutes after the hour, 45 minutes after the hour and on the hour. I am sorry you were not able to enjoy the surrounding area, there are over 20 restaurants within walking distance of the property. I will certainly pass on your comments to our staff and appreciate them very much.
The property is only 5 years old so we have not completed any renovations and will not be doing so until 2014, it is with regret you found the accommodation to be sub-par. If you would be able to provide me (via email or phone) your room number, I will personally inspect the items you found and correct them immediately.
I do hope you will give us a 2nd opportunity to provide accommodations to you in the future and provide the experience you can expect at the Sleep Inn & Suites.
Bellmawr, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Nice hotel, near the airport. about a 10 min trip downtown without traffic. stayed 4 nights The room was nice. after i switch out of the first room that smelled like someone spilled perfume. The A/C was a bit noisy . the breakfast was good. Would of gave a very good if the maid would of replace the empty toilet paper roll. Had to go downstairs to get a roll. Would stay here again is i ever came back to Milwaukee.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Tammy F, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Sleep Inn & Suites. It is with regret that you had issues during your stay. Our practice is to insure our guest rooms are fully stocked with guest needed items at all times. I will certainly have our Chief Engineer check the air conditioning unit in the room you stayed in and apologize for the noise.
I do hope you will return to the hotel so we are able to provide you will the flawless stay we pride ourselves on.
Thanking you once again.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

We spent a Saturday night at the Sleep Inn after spending the day in downtown Milwaukee, this hotel is much cheaper than downtown options and is a great value. It was only about a 10 minute drive from downtown and close to the expressway. The room was clean and surprisingly modern. The hotel was very crowded the weekend we stayed but the front desk staff was polite and helpful even while being swamped with a line of people checking in. Although we didn't have time to use the pool or hot tub they appeared to be very clean and well kept.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your stay at the Sleep Inn & Suites Milwaukee Airport. I will certainly share your comments with our staff and truly appreciate you taking the time to sumbit.
We hope to accommodate you again in the future.
Warmest Regards.

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!